Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo CEA Coop Glitch?

OP gage09

My friend bought the game to play with me, so that we could continue beating games on heroic, right? So then he had his game freeze, he can still shoot move, and everything, but he can't see whats going on, little help?
Can you explain a bit more. I don't quite understand. He can shoot and move but can't see anything? Just from that, it sounds like maybe the video input may be shot
Can you explain a bit more. I don't quite understand. He can shoot and move but can't see anything? Just from that, it sounds like maybe the video input may be shot
I can see him moving around, but he can't see himself moving around. He can shoot and everything, but on his screen everything is just frozen in place, and he can't see whats ACTUALLY happening. For example, we were on the missions 343 guilty spark and we went through a door, and it froze. I did a cutscene, and he kept saying he couldn't see it. He made a clip of it, but I'm not sure how I can send that to you...
gage09 wrote:
My friend bought the game to play with me, so that we could continue beating games on heroic, right? So then he had his game freeze, he can still shoot move, and everything, but he can't see whats going on, little help?
I’m guessing this had to do with the dust problem in your other post. If that’s the case, did solving that problem fix this as well?
tuhin94 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
I’m guessing this had to do with the dust problem in your other post. If that’s the case, did solving that problem fix this as well?
No, it didn't. We found out it's a host problem, that player 2 will have this problem randomly. We're not sure if it's a backwards compatible problem or not, but hopefully it gets fixed soon.
gage09 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
No, it didn't. We found out it's a host problem, that player 2 will have this problem randomly. We're not sure if it's a backwards compatible problem or not, but hopefully it gets fixed soon.
Ahh gotcha. I misunderstood and thought you were playing local co-op. That is odd though since I remember the online features for CEA being pretty solid. Is one of you on 360 and the other on One?
tuhin94 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
Ahh gotcha. I misunderstood and thought you were playing local co-op. That is odd though since I remember the online features for CEA being pretty solid. Is one of you on 360 and the other on One?
Yeah, I'm on the 360. He's on the One.
gage09 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
If it’s possible, can you try playing on the same console? So like both on 360 or both on One? It shouldn’t make a difference but you never know.

Also, do both of you have your network settings set so that you have open NATs and the appropriate ports forwarded?
gage09 wrote:
I can see him moving around, but he can't see himself moving around. He can shoot and everything, but on his screen everything is just frozen in place, and he can't see whats ACTUALLY happening. For example, we were on the missions 343 guilty spark and we went through a door, and it froze. I did a cutscene, and he kept saying he couldn't see it. He made a clip of it, but I'm not sure how I can send that to you...
Almost sounds like it might be a scratched or damaged disk. Does it ALWAYS do that when he plays through 343 Guilty Spark?
gage09 wrote:
Almost sounds like it might be a scratched or damaged disk. Does it ALWAYS do that when he plays through 343 Guilty Spark?
I've had the game for years, and he bought the game a few days ago. It happens on every mission, and with the iron skull on, it's hell.

tuhin94 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
If it’s possible, can you try playing on the same console? So like both on 360 or both on One? It shouldn’t make a difference but you never know.

Also, do both of you have your network settings set so that you have open NATs and the appropriate ports forwarded?
They are normal, and we can't play on the same console, we live in different places, and we don't know each other in real life.
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
I've had the game for years, and he bought the game a few days ago. It happens on every mission, and with the iron skull on, it's hell.

I'd suggest cleaning the disk and the disk tray. If that doesn't work, there's gotta be a serious scratch or damage to that game disk.
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:

I'd suggest cleaning the disk and the disk tray. If that doesn't work, there's gotta be a serious scratch or damage to that game disk.
Theres nothing there, I think it's a backwards compatible problem, because on every halo game the campaign messes up. It doesn't freeze, it just gives us an error.
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:

Theres nothing there, I think it's a backwards compatible problem, because on every halo game the campaign messes up. It doesn't freeze, it just gives us an error.
Really? Thats interesting. Can I ask why not just play Halo CEA on MCC?
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:

Sorry for the late response, but I have already said I do not own an Xbox One.
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:

I missed that part. My apologies. Can I ask why you haven't picked up an Xbox One yet?
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:

I missed that part. My apologies. Can I ask why you haven't picked up an Xbox One yet?
Don't have money for it, and no, I'm not gonna sell my 360.
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:
gage09 wrote:

Don't have money for it, and no, I'm not gonna sell my 360.
That's fair and I wasn't going to say that you should sell your Xbox 360. I've never sold any of my Xbox 360's except for a few that I kept new in box and to be fair, the only reason I sold those was to help pay for one of my life size Halo statues. It was completely justified if you ask me. ;)