Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

HALO CEA Kinect Update XBOX One

OP IIIKatanaIII

In Halo CEA you have the opportunity to analyze objects by using Kinect. Unfortunately, you cannot use Kinect for the backwards compatible version of Halo CEA on the XBOX One. The feature is also present in the menu when playing on Xbox One but Kinect simply does not work here.
I borrowed Kinect for the Xbox 360 from a shop to get 45/45 objects only to complete the waypoint stats. But after logging into my Xbox One the stats went back to 0/45.
Please, give us an update so that we can also play Halo CEA with Kinect on Xbox One :-(
Sorry OP, but the Xbox One itself does not support the 360 kinect so it won't be possible to add support for this to the game
stckrboy wrote:
Sorry OP, but the Xbox One itself does not support the 360 kinect so it won't be possible to add support for this to the game
Hi. This is really unfortunate and dissatisfying.
I borrowed a 360 Kinect device and bought a Kinect for the Xbox One second hand just to complete the Waypoint stats.
Now I find out that It's not possible due to the issues you and I've mentioned which means I've wasted my money on top.
I seriously wish 343 would finally stop doing things by halves.
Remakes without full content (Halo CEA and MCC), backwards compatible game leaving features away (Halo CEA), Spartan Strike not available for Xbox, releasing an unfinished game (Halo 5), no Halo Wars DE stats in Waypoint, the Halo Waypoint 360 version not taken over or redesigned for the Xbox One, ... missing anything?
At least they didn't cut anything in Halo Wars DE. Actually the best Halo remake I've seen so far.
The Kinect features not being available on the backwards compatible version of CEA isn't 343's fault though, it was Microsoft's decision not to provide support for that on the Xbox One. 343 also don't work on the backwards compatible version of Halo, that's some the BC team over Xbox do
Sucks to hear about this, but thank you for posting.

I have a kinect for both my 360 and x1.
I never finished analyzing all the objects on 360 - but I'll be sure to do it only there and not load up the back-compat version.
stckrboy wrote:
The Kinect features not being available on the backwards compatible version of CEA isn't 343's fault though, it was Microsoft's decision not to provide support for that on the Xbox One. 343 also don't work on the backwards compatible version of Halo, that's some the BC team over Xbox do
In that case it would be great if Microsoft would also stop doing things by halves.
Thank you for replying.
I analyzed all the objects.You don't anything exclusive from it and you can look up all the content online. The only thing I enjoyed about Halo CEA using the Kinect was being able to say "Reload" to pick up new guns and enter/exit vehicles.

They ought to just make the feature available to everyone with headset, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
Jestzer wrote:
I analyzed all the objects.You don't anything exclusive from it and you can look up all the content online. The only thing I enjoyed about Halo CEA using the Kinect was being able to say "Reload" to pick up new guns and enter/exit vehicles.

They ought to just make the feature available to everyone with headset, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
- You don't anything exclusive from it. ... -That's not the point. It's matter of completing games to 100%.
The added bar on Waypoint is there for a reason. Basically, you can compare it with commendations and achievements.
There are people that play for fun only and you also have people like me that play for fun too but also love the challenge of completing a game to 100%.
And it's sad to see certain details aren't being considered and maintained properly.
Besides, I believe that if 343 wanted an update on it then there would be one.
Jestzer wrote:

- You don't anything exclusive from it. ... -That's not the point. It's matter of completing games to 100%.
Fair point. Well, I hope everything works out in your favor. I'd offer to do it in co-op with you, but I don't think that would work.
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:

Fair point. Well, I hope everything works out in your favor. I'd offer to do it in co-op with you, but I don't think that would work.
Thanks man. Unfortunately, as soon as I would log back in my Xbox One account it would go back to 0/45 due to synchronizing problems.