Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Halo Custom Edition on Xbox One

OP Elitezealot97

Given that fact that we know have a much more powerful console that can handle even mods. Why haven't we got a Halo CE port? I would love to play SPV3 or Firefight on custom maps.
Mods like that are specifically tailored to run on a modified version (or the original version, IDK) of the Halo CE:PC engine. While it's true that we can run CEA on the Xbox One just fine, I don't know if mods like that would work in an environment different than what it was designed for. Add the fact that mods like these are property of the people who created them and thus require permission to be used somewhere else, and I seriously doubt that these mods will come to console, which is a shame because I like a lot of them.
Wraith0912 wrote:
Mods like that are specifically tailored to run on a modified version (or the original version, IDK) of the Halo CE:PC engine. While it's true that we can run CEA on the Xbox One just fine, I don't know if mods like that would work in an environment different than what it was designed for. Add the fact that mods like these are property of the people who created them and thus require permission to be used somewhere else, and I seriously doubt that these mods will come to console, which is a shame because I like a lot of them.
Well I mean if they ever announced it I'm pretty sure alot of the modders would upload their creations
Wraith0912 wrote:
Well I mean if they ever announced it I'm pretty sure alot of the modders would upload their creations
Again, they would need the creators' permission to do something like this. I probably should've included this in my first post, but keep in mind that Halo Custom Edition is NOT supported by Microsoft. While it is using a Microsoft IP as a base for much of its work, it is not being backed by them in any way, shape or form, other than a few acknowledgements and mentions.
Quote:
So what is Halo Custom Edition Game (HaloCE) you ask? Simply put, it is a new version of HaloPC that is free for all HaloPC owners. This unsupported version of HaloPC is a stand alone Gearbox Software release and is not supported by Microsoft. It offers custom maps and other features.
This means that Microsoft would first have to acquire the rights to own the software and anything the creators make, which I don't think would sit well with them.
It would be very hard to get third party Halo games on to the xbox one, as of course microsoft owns the IP like Wraith0912 said. There would need to be a charge, nothing is done for free.
Given that fact that we know have a much more powerful console that can handle even mods. Why haven't we got a Halo CE port? I would love to play SPV3 or Firefight on custom maps.
You can run Halo: Combat Evolved on a $50.00 PC (and likely less, actually.) Just build/buy a PC for dirt cheap if you want Halo with mods.