Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Heroic campaign Halo ce

OP Killerboyyy1234

Add me if you’re willing to
play some co op anyone
Try posting in the Recruiting Forums as well. That's usually the best place to look for people who are wanting to play.
Why not outright Legendary? The difficulty is balanced and the Library isn't as soul-breaking as everyone says.
Why not outright Legendary? The difficulty is balanced and the Library isn't as soul-breaking as everyone says.
Maybe there's a specific reason or maybe he's achievement hunting. Alot of people can't handle Legendary
I agree. I did it in under 20 minutes without dying once. The first floor is hell but the others are manageable.
I agree. I did it in under 20 minutes without dying once. The first floor is hell but the others are manageable.
That's fair but there's a decent number of people who just can't handle Legendary
Never again, that's all I have to say.
That's fair but there's a decent number of people who just can't handle Legendary
If they talk about Halo 2, I seriously cannot blame them!
On the rest of the games, you can handle it with practice.
Halo 2 is really hard. The others are difficult and yeah, with practice but alot of people get frustrated and just won't go through it
Maybe there's a specific reason or maybe he's achievement hunting. Alot of people can't handle Legendary
Its kind of weird, I could not beat Halo CE on Heroic, I could not pass Truth and Reconciliation. I went back a few months later and past it on legendary. If you beat it on Legendary it will give you the Heroic achievment too.
Its kind of weird, I could not beat Halo CE on Heroic, I could not pass Truth and Reconciliation. I went back a few months later and past it on legendary. If you beat it on Legendary it will give you the Heroic achievment too.
Hey, practice makes perfect. And yes, alot of games are like that where if you go through on the hardest difficulty, the other achievements will pop up as well
Halo 2 is really hard. The others are difficult and yeah, with practice but alot of people get frustrated and just won't go through it
The others are easy peasy lemon squeezy compared to Halo 2.
As I said earlier, I have completed the other games with no noob combo, no speedrun tactics, no nothing. I just played how I felt to play and got through them.

I have been a Halo fan since 2006, I think, or around that. And I did not know what a noob combo was until I played Halo 2 on the MCC on legendary earlier this year. Yeah, because up until that, I have never played Halo 2 on legendary. However, I did beat the other games on legendary before it. I did Halo CE, 3, and 4 legendary campaigns back on the 360. Then, some years later I passed on Halo 5, and I beat it without trouble (except the 3 wardens). And then onto MCC, I decided to play directly on legendary, so I did CE again, then passed onto Halo 2. I have never played it on legendary up until then, but I said it shouldn't be difficult, considering the other games weren't that much difficult.... but I was wrong. VERY WRONG!

I just run up to the first Elites in Cairo, but they killed me in a second! I said, WHAT?!? HOW AM I DEAD ALREADY?

Then I tried to go through Cairo, but I have only made it onto the second room where waves of enemies come in (the one where there are 2 grunts onto turrets).
After being stuck there for about an hour, I stopped playing, and told to myself that there is something that is not right here! Why the enemies keep shooting at me even when I am behind cover? Why are they so aggressive? How am I supposed to go on when I always run out of ammo?
A lot of questions came into my mind.

Then I search up onto the internet, and found out that Halo 2 was infamous for its legendary difficulty, something I did not know for many years!
And so, I was looking for solutions on how to go on, and found out Nak3d Eli speedrun guides on youtube. I was not used to speedruns, so it took me a lot of time to get through the missions.

And then, finally, thanks to his guides, I complete the game! And then I passed on 3 and 4, and beaten them with no problem.

After that, I went to check my total penalties on each game, which are the points lost by dying etc...
Here they are:

CE: -85200
Halo 2: -265,700
Halo 3: -44100
Halo 4: -29800

Oh, and keep in mind, I did Halo 2 with speedruns tactics, so I skipped a lot of rooms/areas. Whereas I did the other games normally without skipping anything. Says a lot about Halo 2!

After that, I began practicing speedruns, mainly on CE and 2, and I am working on 4. My penalties for the games now stand at -118,000 for CE, and -794,000 for Halo 2. I haven't checked the last 3 numbers for each, but I think you get the idea. I haven't checked Halo 4's one, but I am sure it's still nowhere near CE, let alone Halo 2!

Sorry for the long post, but that was pretty much my experience with Halo 2, and Halo games in general.
The others are easy peasy lemon squeezy compared to Halo 2.
As I said earlier, I have completed the other games with no noob combo, no speedrun tactics, no nothing. I just played how I felt to play and got through them.

I have been a Halo fan since 2006, I think, or around that. And I did not know what a noob combo was until I played Halo 2 on the MCC on legendary earlier this year. Yeah, because up until that, I have never played Halo 2 on legendary. However, I did beat the other games on legendary before it. I did Halo CE, 3, and 4 legendary campaigns back on the 360. Then, some years later I passed on Halo 5, and I beat it without trouble (except the 3 wardens). And then onto MCC, I decided to play directly on legendary, so I did CE again, then passed onto Halo 2. I have never played it on legendary up until then, but I said it shouldn't be difficult, considering the other games weren't that much difficult.... but I was wrong. VERY WRONG!

I just run up to the first Elites in Cairo, but they killed me in a second! I said, WHAT?!? HOW AM I DEAD ALREADY?

Then I tried to go through Cairo, but I have only made it onto the second room where waves of enemies come in (the one where there are 2 grunts onto turrets).
After being stuck there for about an hour, I stopped playing, and told to myself that there is something that is not right here! Why the enemies keep shooting at me even when I am behind cover? Why are they so aggressive? How am I supposed to go on when I always run out of ammo?
A lot of questions came into my mind.

Then I search up onto the internet, and found out that Halo 2 was infamous for its legendary difficulty, something I did not know for many years!
And so, I was looking for solutions on how to go on, and found out Nak3d Eli speedrun guides on youtube. I was not used to speedruns, so it took me a lot of time to get through the missions.

And then, finally, thanks to his guides, I complete the game! And then I passed on 3 and 4, and beaten them with no problem.

After that, I went to check my total penalties on each game, which are the points lost by dying etc...
Here they are:

CE: -85200
Halo 2: -265,700
Halo 3: -44100
Halo 4: -29800

Oh, and keep in mind, I did Halo 2 with speedruns tactics, so I skipped a lot of rooms/areas. Whereas I did the other games normally without skipping anything. Says a lot about Halo 2!

After that, I began practicing speedruns, mainly on CE and 2, and I am working on 4. My penalties for the games now stand at -118,000 for CE, and -794,000 for Halo 2. I haven't checked the last 3 numbers for each, but I think you get the idea. I haven't checked Halo 4's one, but I am sure it's still nowhere near CE, let alone Halo 2!

Sorry for the long post, but that was pretty much my experience with Halo 2, and Halo games in general.
No need to apologize. That was interesting to read and I'm shocked that you had no idea what the "Noob Combo" was until you played Halo 2 on MCC! That's crazy! At least you've learned since then. Halo 2 is much harder, on Legendary, than any of the other Halo games. It truly is
Glad you did enjoy the read! Yep, I did not know about noob combo! I did not know about sword flying, I did not know about a lot of things!

Also, I will tell you that I always thought that the plasma pistol was useless. Yes, I seriously thought that for all these years! Instead, it is a devastating weapon! It is effective even against Knights in Halo 4. You overcharge them with the pistol, then shoot their heads 2-3 times with another weapon, and they're dead!

This was definitely the year in which I played the Halo series in a totally different perspective!
Looking back at my achievements history, I only began to practice speedruns on May 27th this year, and I started with Silent Cartographer and then AOTCR. So I am merely 2 months into speedruns, but I think I did a lot of progress, since I got the Goat Roped and Monopolized achievements.