Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

How difficult is 3ODST on Heroic? Legendary?

OP Recon Actual 7

In a couple weeks from now I plan on playing some of the Halo games on Legendary. However, I've heard some bad things about ODST. How hard is it on heroic? How about legendary? I've only ever beat it on normal. Just for comparison, I've beat Reach and 3 on legendary and thought they were moderate, but not too bad. I've also beat 5 on legendary and thought it was easy.
All Halo games have some 'trouble' sections when played normally without skips, ODST is no different. I would say if you can handle Reach or Halo 2, then ODST should not be any issue outside of a handful of sections.

1) The Drones in the Hive may be a bit difficult.
2) The final mission with the Warthog and Elephant.

Otherwise, I felt the game to be pretty easy, though not a walk in the park like Halo 3.
Every player is going to have different experiences. For me, ODST is a cake walk on Legendary. The level's aren't too long and as long as you take your time, it's pretty easy. You can't play aggressively because you'll soon find out that you're not a Spartan Bullet Sponge but you're just as strong. I think the most difficult aspect is that there's not much in the way of long range weapons. Sure, you start with your Pistol and Silenced SMG but snipers usually don't have much in the way of ammo and the only other option you have is a Carbine which is fairly hard to come by as well.

Just take your time and make your shots count so you're not having to spray and pray until everything is dead.
In a couple weeks from now I plan on playing some of the Halo games on Legendary. However, I've heard some bad things about ODST. How hard is it on heroic? How about legendary? I've only ever beat it on normal. Just for comparison, I've beat Reach and 3 on legendary and thought they were moderate, but not too bad. I've also beat 5 on legendary and thought it was easy.
All I'll say is this:

I completed the majority of Halo 3: ODST (solo) on Legendary in one sitting despite most solo Legendary playthroughs taking me at least a week.
Halo 3 ODST is widely considered to be the easiest campaign on Legendary. Mainly because it is very short and the enemies are not as smart and annoying as Halo CE and H2.
Odst on LD can be tricky in some spots, for instance the final mission. like these guys were saying. I beat most of it LD solo amd my brother and I finished it from there. For me, it was pretty easy compared to others.
If I can do it with 2 ODST, you can do it with 3. Shouldn't be too hard, unless if you use the iron skull.