Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

I need Halo 3 Legendary tips

OP SpectralXIV

Hey it's me (Not sure if this is the right section to post but here we go)

So I'm planning on Soloing Halo 3 (360 Version) to get the EOD armor & the Legendary Title. But I would like some advice on the missions like-

Which certain parts in the missions I should be careful with & whats the best thing to.. I could use some tips

-Fate

So I'm planning on Soloing Halo 3 (360 Version) to get the EOD armor & the Legendary Title. But I would like some advice on the missions like-
Which certain parts in the missions I should be careful with & whats the best thing to.. I could use some tips-Fate
I found Searra 117 one of the hardest missions, more so the jackle forest part. Also the level where you rescue Cortona is tough. My advice would be to youtube some legendary walkthrough videos & speed run tips. I found I was able to cruise some levels using these tips & following certain routes. Made things a little easier.
Nak3d Eli is the best channel to checkout for tips. He has numerous videos on speedruns and tips on beating the Halo campaigns on Legendary. Check out his channel and you'll find plenty to start off with.

I hope that helps!
I honestly think that Halo 3 on legendary is not that hard. It is much easier than CE, and indeed, Halo 2, which by the way was a total pain!
The only really tough section I can think of was one with the Brutes on Crow's Nest, but for the rest it was ok.
If you are somewhat skilled, you should complete it without too much trouble, even without speedrunning guides. I think you should try it yourself first.

All I can say, is be careful with the Sniper Jackals, because they still kill you in one shot, like in Halo 2. However, they take much longer to crouch and aim, so you have much more time to spot them and shoot first.
  1. Plasma pistol and any headshot weapons will be your best friends
  2. Sierra 117 - when at the jackal sniper forest, just let Arbiter go forward and get shot
  3. Tsavo Highway - use all sniper rifles you find - give marine passengers good weapons (and hope you get a gunner that can somehow snipe with the warthog turret, its random) - after getting hog drops from the pelicans after fighting off 2 phantom waves and going through the short cave, try skipping part of the last vehicle fight by driving up the right-side of the central hill and you should be able to get right up to the wraith without getting shot by all the turrets and choppers (but if you go around this wraith w/o killing it then a 2nd wraith will spawn and both will try to kill you from long range until you are out to site, aka, past the brute blockade)
  4. The Storm - avoid ghosts as much as possible, they are over powered - keep those missile turrets on the stands for the scarab - keep a sniper handy for the last fight
  5. The 1st Ark mission - keep sniper ammo as much as possible to kill ghosts and the defenses around the Frigate landing zone
  6. The Covenant - give spartan laser to your warthog passenger at the beginning (use this for all the vehicle sections to snipe and to deal with the banshees) - shoot the banshees from long range with the hornet machine guns to stay safe - have a lot of grenades for the whole of tower #3
  7. Cortana - patience - kill one or two flood then back to cover (repeat until room is empty) - energy swords + grenades + plasma rifles (weapons with lots of ammo)
  8. Halo - battle rifle all of the flood from a distance - grenades and shotgun for ascending the control room building (get johnson's infinite spartan laser if you really need ammo) - the warthog run is the same so I've got nothing except go use the mongoose for fun :)

Which certain parts in the missions I should be careful with & whats the best thing to.. I could use some tips-Fate
I found Searra 117 one of the hardest missions, more so the jackle forest part. Also the level where you rescue Cortona is tough. My advice would be to youtube some legendary walkthrough videos & speed run tips. I found I was able to cruise some levels using these tips & following certain routes. Made things a little easier.
I also agree Sierra 117 was the hardest just because of the jackal snipers

Fate,

Have you had any luck getting through Campaign? Where are you currently at?

Fate,

Just made it to Crows nest, you guys were right with the Jackal Snipers on the First mission, my god I've never screamed at a Tv so loud in my life, but I haven't started Crows nest yet due to my HSC trial exams started, so I'm more focused on that than my Xbox atm.
Nak3d Eli is the best channel to checkout for tips. He has numerous videos on speedruns and tips on beating the Halo campaigns on Legendary. Check out his channel and you'll find plenty to start off with.

I hope that helps!
His videos are rather outdated. There are better, safer, and more consistent paths and strategies that have been formed since his videos have been uploaded. Halo Completionist is better suited for people just trying earn achievements.

Fate,

Just made it to Crows nest, you guys were right with the Jackal Snipers on the First mission, my god I've never screamed at a Tv so loud in my life, but I haven't started Crows nest yet due to my HSC trial exams started, so I'm more focused on that than my Xbox atm.
Take your time going through everything. It's only the beginning. "Cortana" is arguably the most difficult level to beat on Legendary.

Jestzer wrote:

I hope that helps!
His videos are rather outdated. There are better, safer, and more consistent paths and strategies that have been formed since his videos have been uploaded. Halo Completionist is better suited for people just trying earn achievements.
I wouldn't say they are outdated. They still work and if you take the time to go through all his playlists, you'll see that he has a ton of content
Hokiebird helps out ALOT.
When I did reach on legendary solo I would get frustrated at points, so I did a mission or two every couple days. If I just went through the whole game at once I probably would have quit half way through because of frustration. So take your time.

Step 1 stay behind the Arbiter HE IS A BEAST
Step 2 whenever you have a part without the Arbiter my advice is grind, it takes time to learn enemy placements and patters
Step 3* Exploits, its up to you if you want to use them, like skipping sections, glithing, or cheap ways to beat an enemy. I beat it without expliots because I did not know any for Halo 3 when I played through but again, its up to you it still counts.
Step 4 the mission Cortana is the hardest because there is no Arbiter
-if you find invisibility make sure you know the route, use it and run through.
-duel weilding spikers (or single spikers for that matter) can go through deployable cover so throw that puppy down and spray.
-flood wyrms (aka pure forms), especially the ranged version you need to target first.
-elites flood forms sill also be a problem because they have sheilds you need to take out before they die.

Then DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!
The two hardest missions are easily Cortana and The Covenant, Cortana way harder then the covenant. My best tips for The convenant is to well arm your marines and keep the spartan laser on you, and for Cortana, The energy sword one shots tank flood
Your best friend for majority of levels will be plasma pistol/BR,Carbine, or Magnum. Kick off the brutes shields and dome them once. Saves a whole lot of time and ammo. Other than that, a lot of the comments above are great points.