Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

If Bungie made halo 4,5, and Halo wars 2?

OP mrcowlover6

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What would you guys think if the newest halo games were not made by 343, but Bungie.?Do you think 343 is doing everything fine, or are there some errors with the Halo series? Post your opinions here.
OMG...OMG..If bungie made Halo games again and 343 helped it would be so amazing that it would blow your mind. If not mine hehehe
A lot of what happens with the game is dictated by the publisher. Plus, gaming culture has changed significantly since Bungie made Halo. It’s hard and unfair to both companies to judge how Bungie would have performed. I’m not defending either since there are a lot of things 343i as a developer has done wrong, but Bungie’s not doing too hot under Activision’s leash right now. They would definitely have done better with Microsoft since Microsoft is not nearly as bad as Activision, but again it’s unfair to compare Bungie to 343i.
Things would have been different, that's all one can really say
I don't know if it would be much better since how bungie is handling destiny. Pretty much the Bungie now is different to the Bungie back when they made Halo.
Yeah, idk if Bungie would have done any better, looking at Destiny
Do you think Bungie would've even bothered? They made 5 or 6 (CE, 2, 3, ODST, Reach, maybe CE Anniversary), and it took 10 years. In 10 years they could've made a lot more series, but would be had to drop their flagship series. The fact is they didn't make the new ones, so we can only speculate.
We can only imagine how everything would be, man Reach was the last masterpiece ;(
Where do we start?

Halo Wars was made by Creative Assembly, who's developers had a background in RTS games. Bungie at that point only had major experience with FPS games so I think it's safe to say Halo Wars would have likely turned out pretty badly if Bungie had made it.

Halo 4 is the result of a continuation to try to adapt and modernise the Halo franchise to suit the current market conditions as started by Bungie with Halo: Reach. As the topic has been done to death, look at it at the developers/publishers point of view and see if you can think of an answer that would satisfy everyone whilst growing the franchise:

How can you modernise and make Halo grow without changing the formula too much that it risks alienating the original fanbase? Since Halo 3, trends in the market include:

- Sprint
- Regenerating health
- Progression (XP or some sort of reward system)
- ADS

Of the above, Halo only had Regenerating Health. Bungie recognised this and the end result was Reach, which some agree started the cracks in the Halo community to begin with, with Halo 4 cementing it. Given that Bungie's next core game Destiny utilised a number of modern day elements (sprint, ads, regenerating health, 'progression'), I think it's safe to say Bungie would have done something similar with Halo 4 but on a modified Reach engine. Either way, Reach included Sprint and a progression system like modern games did but it sacrificed a competitive ranking system and some would argue that sprint and armour abilities were not balanced correctly for Halo's sandbox.

Ultimately, it comes down to the fact that Halo will eventually stagnate if nothing changes as there will be no new incentive for new players to join the franchise, and less incentive to some of the regular players to purchase the next instalment.
Where do we start?

Halo Wars was made by Creative Assembly, who's developers had a background in RTS games. Bungie at that point only had major experience with FPS games so I think it's safe to say Halo Wars would have likely turned out pretty badly if Bungie had made it.

Halo 4 is the result of a continuation to try to adapt and modernise the Halo franchise to suit the current market conditions as started by Bungie with Halo: Reach. As the topic has been done to death, look at it at the developers/publishers point of view and see if you can think of an answer that would satisfy everyone whilst growing the franchise:

How can you modernise and make Halo grow without changing the formula too much that it risks alienating the original fanbase? Since Halo 3, trends in the market include:

- Sprint
- Regenerating health
- ADS

Of the above, Halo only had Regenerating Health. Bungie recognised this and the end result was Reach, which some agree started the cracks in the Halo community to begin with, with Halo 4 cementing it. Given that Bungie's next core game Destiny utilised a number of modern day elements (sprint, ads, regenerating health, 'progression'), I think it's safe to say Bungie would have done something similar with Halo 4 but on a modified Reach engine. Either way, Reach included Sprint and a progression system like modern games did but it sacrificed a competitive ranking system and some would argue that sprint and armour abilities were not balanced correctly for Halo's sandbox.

Ultimately, it comes down to the fact that Halo will eventually stagnate if nothing changes as there will be no new incentive for new players to join the franchise, and less incentive to some of the regular players to purchase the next instalment.
I look at Destiny and I really didn’t want Halo to be like that
Zepher03 wrote:
Where do we start?

- Sprint
- Regenerating health
- ADS

It's likely the direction Bungie and Microsoft would have taken Halo 4 in based on the market and what they had already started to do with Reach, obviously not including Destiny's loot system etc.

Still, in my opinion the best course of action for 343 and Halo Infinite would be to find a balance between the classic and new gameplay. Personally I think sprint with tweaks (or a higher base movement speed) and Smart Scope (the way it was implemented in Halo 5) would be a fine middle ground but they should remove the Spartan abilities as they make the game far too quick.
Zepher03 wrote:
Where do we start?

- Sprint
- Regenerating health
- ADS

It's likely the direction Bungie and Microsoft would have taken Halo 4 in based on the market and what they had already started to do with Reach, obviously not including Destiny's loot system etc.

Still, in my opinion the best course of action for 343 and Halo Infinite would be to find a balance between the classic and new gameplay. Personally I think sprint with tweaks (or a higher base movement speed) and Smart Scope (the way it was implemented in Halo 5) would be a fine middle ground but they should remove the Spartan abilities as they make the game far too quick.
Don’t forget the Halo 2 was going to have sprint
Zepher03 wrote:
Zepher03 wrote:
Where do we start?

- Sprint
- Regenerating health
- ADS

If Halo 2 had sprint that early on, Bungie would have still been ahead of the curve and it probably wouldn't be as controversial as it is now. Assuming they implemented it correctly of course.
Zepher03 wrote:
Zepher03 wrote:
Where do we start?

- Sprint
- Regenerating health
- ADS

If Halo 2 had sprint that early on, Bungie would have still been ahead of the curve and it probably wouldn't be as controversial as it is now. Assuming they implemented it correctly of course.
Yeah I saw a video, when they scraped it one of the programmers made it so if you duel wield smg’s you drop them and flip everyone off
why dont people understand bungie -Yoinking!- suck now did you see those hollow -Yoink- destiny games?? the people who worked on the halo games are gone its only bungie in name.
After Destiny was released, nearly half the Bungie staff left. They went on to make other games or work for 343i.
After Destiny was released, nearly half the Bungie staff left. They went on to make other games or work for 343i.
Seeing that destiny was the Achilles' Veil for Bungie, people have lost some (but not all) hope for Bungie.
That would be awesome if bungie made Halo 4, 5, and Wars 2, but the possibility Bungie is going to recover is slim, if there is any at all.
Achilles' Veil means the weakness of something, (A company, person, animal, or building)
If bungie and 343 came together they come make something awesome. H2A is proof of this.
If bungie and 343 came together they come make something awesome. H2A is proof of this.
What?

H2A wasn’t made in collaboration with either of the studio’s. It’s a port of Halo 2 Vista with some slight modifications, CGI cutscenes and an additional graphics engine overlay.

I know what you’re saying but 343 and Bungie have not worked on a project together. Giving Halo CE and Halo 2 the ‘anniversary’ treatments is not the same as actually working together.
I doubt they would've made more spin-off games rather than a direct sequel to Halo 3 since their plans were to end the Master Chief story.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2