Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Katan Without All Achievements

OP VexHax

I have been playing a lot of Halo 3 recently and when I went to go look at my armor, I noticed I had the Katana, but this confuses me because before yesterday, I didn't even have 1000 gamerscore inside the game. My only guess is that 343i let everyone have it after the Xbox one X update? If that is the case, I feel like I would see a lot more people wearing it.
This happened to me a while ago and apparently happened to a few other players, I don't know what causes the glitch but the next time I unlocked an achievement on Halo 3 the katana was locked again. Don't worry though, it's not that hard to unlock.
D3V0K wrote:
This happened to me a while ago and apparently happened to a few other players, I don't know what causes the glitch but the next time I unlocked an achievement on Halo 3 the katana was locked again. Don't worry though, it's not that hard to unlock.
Yea I unlocked some achievements last night and still have it and the security armor
D3V0K wrote:
I was just going to say the same thing, I believe there was a glitch that unlocked things for a bit until you earned another achievement which then locked up the armor again
VexHax wrote:
but this confuses me because before yesterday, I didn't even have 1000 gamerscore inside the game.
Its because you had the same amount of achievements that the game shipped with (I think it was 45).

This has been a bug since the dlc achievements were released. The only way to guarantee Katana and Security stay unlocked is to get 1750 Gamerscore.
The Katana has always been buggy post-DLC.
Must be a bug it isn’t hard to unlock so it wouldn’t really matter. There is more achievements now.
I dont have an xbox one x only an xbox one but could I still receive it?
You can still receive it by getting all of the achievements in the game, however unfortunately mine was glitched. I did not get Katana and Security armor completely legit, although I am only 5 achievements away from doing so.
VexHax wrote:
You can still receive it by getting all of the achievements in the game, however unfortunately mine was glitched. I did not get Katana and Security armor completely legit, although I am only 5 achievements away from doing so.
I'm not sure if that'll continue to be the case once MCC gets the massive update
Yeah I got Katana & Security helmet a couple of Months ago by doing the Par-Score achievements, I don't wear it cause I like Mark VI
Yeah I got Katana & Security helmet a couple of Months ago by doing the Par-Score achievements, I don't wear it cause I like Mark VI
That makes two of us.

Topic: It can't be the One X upgrade. If anything, I think the armor system is simply... unstable. I STILL remember I had Recon in a day, THEN it was taken out from me in the next day. I'm still sad (sarcasm but it's sad just to think about it (not sarcasm)). And when you put the armor, it's like you need a miracle for it to load the unlockable pieces in the game instead of Mark VI. To me, it's fairly rare to have any set of armor (save for Hayabusa) loaded in the game. The same applies to Elites.
That makes two of us.

Topic: It can't be the One X upgrade. If anything, I think the armor system is simply... unstable. I STILL remember I had Recon in a day, THEN it was taken out from me in the next day. I'm still sad (sarcasm but it's sad just to think about it (not sarcasm)). And when you put the armor, it's like you need a miracle for it to load the unlockable pieces in the game instead of Mark VI. To me, it's fairly rare to have any set of armor (save for Hayabusa) loaded in the game. The same applies to Elites.
We'll see what happens once the massive patch comes out for MCC. It might correct how unstable the armor unlock system is
That makes two of us.

We'll see what happens once the massive patch comes out for MCC. It might correct how unstable the armor unlock system is
I meant the OG Halo 3, but since I don't have MCC (may buy it in a few weeks) I can't say anything. =)
That makes two of us.

I meant the OG Halo 3, but since I don't have MCC (may buy it in a few weeks) I can't say anything. =)
That's fair. I never had any issues with the armor unlocks in the OG Halo 3. I unlocked everything the way it was supposed to be unlocked and never had issues. I also unlocked everything during the golden days of Halo 3 so that might be a contributing factor as well
VexHax wrote:
but this confuses me because before yesterday, I didn't even have 1000 gamerscore inside the game.
Its because you had the same amount of achievements that the game shipped with (I think it was 45).

This has been a bug since the dlc achievements were released. The only way to guarantee Katana and Security stay unlocked is to get 1750 Gamerscore.
Unfortunately unlocking all achievements does not guarantee the Katana will be unlocked. One of my close friends had it unlocked and it would lock and unlock after every other achievement he got. The last achievement locked it and he wasn't able to equip it anymore
That makes two of us.

That's fair. I never had any issues with the armor unlocks in the OG Halo 3. I unlocked everything the way it was supposed to be unlocked and never had issues. I also unlocked everything during the golden days of Halo 3 so that might be a contributing factor as well
Ok, something unexpected happened regarding this issue. I changed my tag (to this one) and now that issue was... gone. It simply fixed itself.
That makes two of us.

Ok, something unexpected happened regarding this issue. I changed my tag (to this one) and now that issue was... gone. It simply fixed itself.
That's....weird. I've never heard of someone changing their gamertag which resulted in fixing something