Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Missed a trick.

OP SQU1FFY v2

I honestly think 343i have missed out by not releasing a Halo 3 Anniversary, I'm looking at most played games on Xbox live and another game from 2007 that's had a remaster COD MW is currently sitting at number 12. Halo 5 is currently sitting at number 25. I understand that H3 was never released on PC so a conversion would've been problematic for 343i to handle, but come on people are screaming out for this, 343i should've given the masses what they wanted.
Just because the mass demands something,doesnt mean they get it.
343 has decided to not release a Halo3 anniversary edition,a decision that the community should accept.Im pretty sure 343 has valid reason for this.
Absolutely agree, I would instantly pre-order the most expensive edition if a Halo 3 anniversary/remaster was announced, And 343 knows that and are probably waiting for a strategic time to make/announce it, maybe with the next Xbox console or start of the next storyline, Like how COD MWRM was released with Infinite Warfare, there was strategy behind its release. Bet MW2 RM will be the same way.

But Halo 3 is still a visually stunning game compared to Halo CE and Halo 2 and other games, I feel 343 might be waiting for the next Xbox console or might be waiting for a strategic time to use a Halo 3 re-release or re-make, Compare Halo CEA and H2A graphics, one was made for xbox360 one was made for xbox one, imagine a halo 3 on xbox one compared to whatever the next xbox will be, I do very much think a Halo 3 re-make is in development but I think its a slow development that is probably taking alot of careful steps, Take note how people are upset of all the unique changes to MWR such as the skins and crates and COD points and all that blah blah, 343 got alot of backlash cause of MCC on Xbox One, things still don't work right. I would rather play Halo 3 on xbox360 then Halo 3 on xbox one via MCC, Then again other studios developments where responsible for most of MCCs content which is why alot of it is not fixed yet, Maybe 343 wants to do Halo 3 themselves but with H6 in the way perhaps they truly have not even started development yet which leads me to think they might be saving Halo 3 for the next Xbox console.
SQU1FFY v2 wrote:
I understand that H3 was never released on PC so a conversion would've been problematic for 343i to handle, but come on people are screaming out for this, 343i should've given the masses what they wanted.
They did a project for PC that was on the Halo 3 engine but released in another country, but i'm afraid if I mention the name i'll get edited and yelled at by a forum mod.
But basically putting Halo 3 on the PC is possible and probably something that will eventually come but not for a very long time cause of marketing and development reasons.

343 has decided to not release a Halo3 anniversary edition,a decision that the community should accept.Im pretty sure 343 has valid reason for this.
Supply and demand, the same reason the Halo series is still developed. Just because the mass demands something does mean they should get it, that is part of being a good developer and the reason we can use an Xbox One offline and can share and resell Xbox One game discs, things the masses demanded from development. And the industry of technology and video games is probably the strongest market for the mass getting what they demand just cause that is how good companies work.
While 343 may have a valid reason and its probably just marketing and development time it would be nice to hear some feedback or some type of response besides that it is not currently in development, such as maybe they are looking at a future release or not looking at doing it at all, more clarification and clear communication with the community.
Why would you want another remaster in an industry currently full of remasters? So Crash Bandicoot did a remaster recently and all I see is, "do Spyro next", why aren't these people asking for more Crash Bandicoot and trying to revitalize the franchise in the form of new games, that's what I'd expect the end goal for a consumer to be. What would be the end goal of a Halo 3 remaster? The game is """playable""" through MCC and is getting backwards compatibility support soon, Halo games are still being made so it's not as if the franchise is dormant. Why not ask for the next Halo FPS to be more like Halo 3, wouldn't that actually go somewhere rather than just treading in circles? This isn't 1996 anymore, the leap in graphical power is more likely to disappoint than blow people away. Crash Bandicoot came out it 1996 and Halo: CE came out in 2001, both are considered amazing graphically for the time and that gap is only 5 years. Compare Halo 3 to Battlefield One, gigantic amount of little improvements but still not as massive a jump overall and that's over 9 years.
Yup they are focusing all of their resources in H6 that's why they didn't make H3 anniversary I think
Well for me, Halo 3 still remains my most favorite Halo game to date by far (if not my favorite videogame of all time) and while I wouldn't necessarily oppose a Halo 3 remaster; if the MCC trainwreck is anything to go by, I'd rather it not be messed with at all and risk tainting Halo 3's legacy.

Besides, the game still looks great today on the 360 and doesn't need an update as far as graphics are concerned, even though I'll admit Halo 3 looks amazing in 1080p and 60 fps on MCC.
The one thing they should've done to restore confidence in the old community, and they didn't -Yoinking!- do it.
They didn't even try.

I'll settle for back-compat tho, I would've been disappointed at H3:A anyway.
Why is every one having this Halo 6 is going to be the best Halo game ever attitude??? We barely know anything about the game! We all know it's going to have Spartan abilities. So scratch the golden triangle off the board. Halo 3 Anniversary was the biggest missed opportunity in the Halo community. Just because 343 is putting more resources and time for Halo 6 doesn't mean its going to be a classic Halo game!