Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

[Locked] Multiplayer Map Pack on 360 Working!

OP Dav1deo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Not sure what's happened but I think the Multiplayer Map Pack now works on the 360 without having to do any shenanigans. Been looking around on various forums to see if anyone else agrees and it seems a couple of months ago (6-7 I think) there was an update and now the H2 map pack is good to go.

Didn't work on my 360 slim 250gb last year but now does! Anyone else found this? All maps play fine and haven't had any problems. You need a Halo 2 profile on your 360 to install them and the update must be installed first.

Now all I need is the Halo 2 servers to brought back to life...
Quote:
Not sure what's happened but I think the Multiplayer Map Pack now works on the 360 without having to do any shenanigans. Been looking around on various forums to see if anyone else agrees and it seems a couple of months ago (6-7 I think) there was an update and now the H2 map pack is good to go.

Didn't work on my 360 slim 250gb last year but now does! Anyone else found this? All maps play fine and haven't had any problems. You need a Halo 2 profile on your 360 to install them and the update must be installed first.

Now all I need is the Halo 2 servers to brought back to life...
As long as you have the most recent TU for the game, all map packs will work. If you get the DLC from the Halo 2 DLC Disc, it comes with the 2nd to most-recent TU that lets all the DLC work. The final TU, allows Desolation and Tombstone to appear in the Map list. Without the final TU, those 2 maps wont work. You may be able to find a download of it and manually install it via a USB Flash Drive.

As for the maps never working.....I've never had a problem with Halo 2 and any of it's DLC. They've always worked for me on my 360 Elite.
I have a problem with mine though. I have transferred all the maps of H2 to my slim and when I put H2 in, the maps aren't there. It's strange the maps are on my hard drive on my slim, but they don't show up. How do I get these back if it's on my hard drive? I like to play these maps again. I've downloaded them on my old 360 before H2 went offline. They are here on my slim. I like to play the maps again.
Quote:
I have a problem with mine though. I have transferred all the maps of H2 to my slim and when I put H2 in, the maps aren't there. It's strange the maps are on my hard drive on my slim, but they don't show up. How do I get these back if it's on my hard drive? I like to play these maps again. I've downloaded them on my old 360 before H2 went offline. They are here on my slim. I like to play the maps again.
You need the most recent Title Update for Halo 2. I had HEARD that clearing your system cache will delete the TU, and when you start H2 it will tell you there's a TU available. After that it will say there's connection issues with Xbox live (cause there's no servers.) So do what I just said ONLY if they don't work at all, so you don't accidentally lose them forever. I'm looking for a manual way to put the TU on your box.

Edit: From what I understand the Halo 2 Title Updates are on the 360 Halo 3 servers. So you can always get Halo 2 TU 1.5. However, since your maps weren't downloaded on the box you're currently using, they may not work. If not, you'll need to get ahold of a Halo 2 Map Pack Disc and install the maps that way. If this is the resort you have to go through, you may never be able to play Tombstone or Desolation ever because they aren't included on the Disc and are only available via download.
Quote:
You need the most recent Title Update for Halo 2. I had HEARD that clearing your system cache will delete the TU, and when you start H2 it will tell you there's a TU available. After that it will say there's connection issues with Xbox live (cause there's no servers.) So do what I just said ONLY if they don't work at all, so you don't accidentally lose them forever. I'm looking for a manual way to put the TU on your box.

Edit: From what I understand the Halo 2 Title Updates are on the 360 Halo 3 servers. So you can always get Halo 2 TU 1.5. However, since your maps weren't downloaded on the box you're currently using, they may not work. If not, you'll need to get ahold of a Halo 2 Map Pack Disc and install the maps that way. If this is the resort you have to go through, you may never be able to play Tombstone or Desolation ever because they aren't included on the Disc and are only available via download.
Someone needs to make a Youtube video of this. :/ Step by step would help too I'm sure people on Waypoint here has problems on doing this. I don't have the PC one since my system isn't compatible with it I have XP not Vista.
Quote:
Quote:

Someone needs to make a Youtube video of this. :/ Step by step would help too I'm sure people on Waypoint here has problems on doing this. I don't have the PC one since my system isn't compatible with it I have XP not Vista.
Halo 2 Vista will work on XP. Someone made a crack that allows it to run on XP systems. Just google that. As for what I said in the edit, just clear the 360 system cache from Memory and then boot Halo 2. You'll automatically get a prompt to update the game. Maps should work after that.
This won't affect anything I have on my 360 if I do that right? My profile, Halo maps,etc.
Quote:
This won't affect anything I have on my 360 if I do that right? My profile, Halo maps,etc.
Clearing your cache only deletes all the updates from your hard drive, nothing else :)
Quote:
Quote:
Clearing your cache only deletes all the updates from your hard drive, nothing else :)
But be mindful, the TU's updated the Mainmenu.map file that stores the info for what maps are allowed in the list. The TU's are needed for all DLC maps to work properly. Still not sure about Tombstone and Desolation though. I forget. All other maps should work regardless after that.
Well I did it but the Halo 2 maps are not on the game so meaning I have to get the disc or wait till Halo 2 Anniversary is out. I wish though 343 would put Halo 2 back up or something so we can download the maps again but alas we have to wait for the H2 Anniversary game to come out :( I hope when that comes out, all the maps besides Headlong(since its on Reach) will be in here. *sad face*
Quote:
Well I did it but the Halo 2 maps are not on the game
Same.

I downloaded my Halo 2 maps on another console, so when I transferred them to my new HDD and console they naturally show up in the storage section but cannot be used because you must re-download them in order to transfer the license.

Seeing as how that's not possible... I'm out of luck. :(

Hey, here's hoping for a Halo 2 Anniversary!
So what you guys are saying is that there is still a way to download the remaining Halo 2 maps that I don't have? Even if when the Halo 2 servers are down?
Quote:
So what you guys are saying is that there is still a way to download the remaining Halo 2 maps that I don't have? Even if when the Halo 2 servers are down?
There's no way sadly. For my maps they're on storage and can't be used ither :( Its sad I know but our hopes won't die because Halo 2 Anniversary will come very soon. We got hints from Reach and CEA so it's highly likely we will get Halo 2 Anniversary soon. 343 does know alot of us love Halo 2 and we want it back. So it's a sit and wait till the game comes out.

Bad thing about this is, what if they do remake maps like they're doing on Halo 4 and put them in Halo 2 but not give us our precious maps we so love in Halo 2? That is gonna be very bad. Many fans do NOT want 343 putting remake maps into Halo 2 to me, they should leave it all alone. Keep the maps, no remakes! Only remake map they should leave out and give us a hint for the next Halo game is Headlong(its on Reach part of CEA map). Everything else should be left alone. Graphic overhaul is also alright but touching the maps is a big NO NO! If 343 does read posts like these, for the sake of us fans: DON'T TOUCH HALO 2 MAPS IF YOU REMAKE IT! Please just don't. I love the Halo 2 maps...leave them untouched to not anger the fans. I don't mind new game types like Firefight or Forge in it but the maps has to have a DO NOT TOUCH labels on them.
I just want my Tombstone and Desolation ;_;
Quote:
I want my Gemini ;w;
I do hope Anniversary comes out :) I miss Halo 2
Quote:
Quote:
I want my Gemini ;w;
You can still have all DLC maps except Tombstone and Desolation. If the 360 you are on is tied to said DLC, you can still get them working by Starting up Halo 2 and you will still get an Update Prompt. You just can't connect to the Live Servers (XB1). The Halo 2 TU's are stored on the same servers that Halo 3 plays on, so they are always there. Just update and everything will work.

IF they aren't tied to that box, you can use a Halo 2 Map Pack disc to install the maps and updates (up to 1.4 I think) and update to 1.5 when you're done. But Tombstone and Desolation aren't on the disc.

Basically, if you didn't buy those two maps before the servers went down, you can't get them now. But you can still get the TU that supports all the DLCs.
It never came up with an Update Prompt like you said so I never got an update on my Halo 2.
Is Halo 2 v1.5 update still available to be downloaded on 360?
343 just relaunch the h2 servers so we can play online with it on 360 or xb1
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2