Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

My Coastal Highway Legendary Horror Story.

OP Gold Paladin101

Ok, so. The first part of the mission wasn't too bad, especially when i gave Buck a Rocket Launcher to make it a bit easier. But in the second part of the mission, my stupidity and rage went into full effect here. I accidentally took Buck out of the gunner seat, and had no idea how to get him back in it. So half way through the entire highway segment in a Warthog, i had to rely on RNG and Bucks aim with a Rocket Launcher. And all the while, i am screaming and cussing and wanting to stab my self in the arm multiple times like i was Germaine in the Writers Block Foamy the Squirrel comic. One death after another, and trying to keep the heat off of Dares vehicle and hoping to Arceus that Buck hits something that is shooting at us rather then what isn't. It was like my own personal Hell. After the highway segment was over with, i spent twenty minutes getting my self back under control. After that, and starting up on the final part of the mission. I was killed mainly by Jackal Snipers, but other then that. The rest of the mission wasn't too bad, it was just that Arceus damned highay segment, and my stupidity of not knowing how to get Buck on to the turret.
Sometimes you just need to step back, recompose yourself, and then go back and try again. No game is worth raging at, it takes up too much energy
to get buck on the turret you need to take the rocket launcher out of his hands then try to get him in the turret.
Maybe i shoulda said this. I BEAT IT. I just posted my story here to see if i could get a few laughs out of people, not to be corrected every other which way. Chill out folks.
Ok, so. The first part of the mission wasn't too bad, especially when i gave Buck a Rocket Launcher to make it a bit easier. But in the second part of the mission, my stupidity and rage went into full effect here. I accidentally took Buck out of the gunner seat, and had no idea how to get him back in it. So half way through the entire highway segment in a Warthog, i had to rely on RNG and Bucks aim with a Rocket Launcher. And all the while, i am screaming and cussing and wanting to stab my self in the arm multiple times like i was Germaine in the Writers Block Foamy the Squirrel comic. One death after another, and trying to keep the heat off of Dares vehicle and hoping to Arceus that Buck hits something that is shooting at us rather then what isn't. It was like my own personal Hell. After the highway segment was over with, i spent twenty minutes getting my self back under control. After that, and starting up on the final part of the mission. I was killed mainly by Jackal Snipers, but other then that. The rest of the mission wasn't too bad, it was just that Arceus damned highay segment, and my stupidity of not knowing how to get Buck on to the turret.
You could just sneak through the level. I've sneaked through levels many times in halo 3 and halo reach on legendary.
You could just sneak through the level. I've sneaked through levels many times in halo 3 and halo reach on legendary.
How? I personally wouldn't do that but I'm really just curious how you did.
In some missions of reach and 3 you can sneak away from the fight. Like when you dont have to kill the enemys to complete a part you just sneek through. Or you could just let you partners like arbiter or noble team deal with them while you hide. And maybe you can help a litte while staying hidden or just sneak attack the enemy. Sneak attacking the enemy works really well in halo 3 on legendary.
A real nightmare is going through Costal Highway on Legendary with nothing but a Mongoose and a Rocket Launcher. Took us 8 attempts to beat it.
I am playing the game on the 360, because I don't have it on the MCC. Thanks for the heads up.
So far the game didn't seem that hard on legendary. I have pretty much gone through the missions without too much trouble. I am currently on Kikowani Station.
In some missions of reach and 3 you can sneak away from the fight. Like when you dont have to kill the enemys to complete a part you just sneek through. Or you could just let you partners like arbiter or noble team deal with them while you hide. And maybe you can help a litte while staying hidden or just sneak attack the enemy. Sneak attacking the enemy works really well in halo 3 on legendary.
I am familiar with sneaking past fights, since I do speedruns. For example, in Halo 2's Outskirts, you can completely skip the many waves at the beginning by just running on rooftops.
However, Halo 4's Shutdown takes the first place when it comes to skipping fights, so far. You can literally complete that mission in 4-5 minutes without killing anything. I did it in 04:31 on easy, still have to try other difficulties, but I think it will be pretty much the same thing.