No Halo 3 Anniversary?!?! NOOOO!

OP Helios738

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I need Halo 3 Anniversary!! Make it maybe after Halo 6 or something
anniversary only makes sense 10 years afte the first release. but i think a halo 3 remaster/ultimate/whatever can still happen.

the biggest problem i see would be, that 343i and/or MS fear, that the sales of h6 could be really bad so they sell it only in a bundle, like activision did with infinite warfare and modern warfare remaster, or like they already did themself with halo wars 2 and halo wars definitive edition.

i don't know about the sales of h5 (many say it sold really well while others state it sold poorly) and i don't think that really matters, because they see the success of the modern warfare remaster and halo 3 could have the same potential to boost h6 sales. i hope this doesn't happen, but the way the games industry is heading it wouldn't surprise me (and it wouldn't even surprise me if they add MTs to a halo 3 remaster in some way)
I don't quite understand exactly why Halo 3 Anniversary is needed. Halo 3 still looks fantastic, hell Halo: CE on default graphics still looks great, so I don't see the value of a graphics overhaul. Most of Halo 3's missions are pretty good so I don't see the value in changing mission structure either. You could change the core gameplay but then it'd cease to be Halo 3. The game already ""functions"" on Xbox One through the MCC so it's not like it'd be the first time the game is available for the platform either. I just don't see the value in taking people away from Halo One and putting them on Halo 3 when Halo 3 is already available on the platform. Why do you want to purchase a game twice? You want to play Halo 3, it's already available, go play it.
i don't think that any annversary is needed. i only bought the MCC because i wanted to play h2 multiplayer again and h2 is my favourite halo. i also don't care about graphics.
when MCC was announced i said that i wouldn't buy a h3a, bc i like it the least from the bungie halos (opinion)

after the launch of MCC i changed my mind, bc i am hoping for a repopulated classic halo multiplayer and MCCs is clearly flawed. thats kind of the only reason i want a h3an(/re/ul)
another example would be h:cea. i was thinking about getting it, but than i looked at my copy of the original one and thought: "great, i allready own this game. no need to buy again". would it have had the original halo mp with online features i think i would have bought it

but overall i agree: anniversary edition aren't really necessary and usually i avoid them (especially if they are only available in a bundle with another game to boost sales, like i fear it will happen)
I wouldn't mind if they modernize it.

Sprinting would be a must.

I also believe they should skip this console generation and release it on the next generation xbox.
AllenBIH wrote:

I also believe they should skip this console generation and release it on the next generation xbox.
Sprinting would NOT be a must or else it would completely ruin the pace of Halo 3.
I've always felt that (1) only the original Xbox games "needed" the visual upgrade and (2) we should keep Halo 3, as the first HD Halo and last in the original trilogy, in its original, untouched Bungie form.

https://youtu.be/SvyJpEYJD4U <---- and check this out.
Why do people still complain about not gettin H3A?
Its now confirmed for a while that it wont happen.
AllenBIH wrote:

Sprinting would NOT be a must or else it would completely ruin the pace of Halo 3.
Yhea sprint doesn't belong in any classic halo title
AllenBIH wrote:

Absolutely 100% correct. +1
OMG STOP MAKING HALO LIKE CALL OF DUTY!!! I swear Halo 5 was just a copy of COD.
Halo 4 was obviously strongly influenced by Call of Duty but I feel like Halo 5 is probably more comparable to Garry's Mod than Call of Duty.
BLUR cinematics that's all we need 😍
nahhhh halo 3 pc
I'm really getting afraid that Halo is starting to go down the tubes. I've been playing Halo since it first started, and I've always found something I enjoyed about each game; there was always something that made me go back and play the games. When I knew Bungie was leaving, I was looking forward to what the new company would bring to the game, and was I wrong.
I HATED Halo 4, and Halo 5 wasn't really any different either. Those games ABSOLUTELY did not feel like Halo, they were junk to me, and I'm afraid that Halo 6 will be the same way. 343 really needs to step it up. And OMG STOP MAKING HALO LIKE CALL OF DUTY!!! I swear Halo 5 was just a copy of COD. 343 has taken away the uniqueness that made Halo well...Halo. Halo has always been different than the other fps games.
With 343 saying that they won't remaster H3, which was my (And I'm sure most other peoples') favorite Halo game before Reach came out, I've lost my respect with them. They've figuratively slapped me in the face.
I almost don't want Halo 6. In fact, I almost don't want anymore Halo games, as long as 343 Industries is still making them the way they are making them. I'm saying goodbye to Halo if changes aren't made.
Please do something to bring Halo back 343, I'm begging you, please make Halo Halo again.
I respect your decision. At one time, and since that time, I questioned Halo's uniqueness with the recent games. They have many unique things, but those generic mechanics makes me wonder if Halo is still the king of the FPS genre.

Unlike you, I loved Halo 4. I loved it's soundtrack, story, Master Chief's design, the Prometheans, Didact and some UNSC and Forerunner aesthetics.
I haven't played Halo 5, except on PC, so I won't say anything about it. But from my PC gameplay, I really fell in love with it's multiplayer and small community.
Also, Halo isn't copying from CoD, but rather the generic stuff from video-games. ADS is generic, Sprint is generic, bla bla bla. It's not a copy of Call of Duty. But I respect your opinion and perspective of view and won't argue to change it.

I know how frustrated you are about how they won't remaster Halo 3, as it is my favorite Halo game. But, I still respect them, because they're actually doing so many good things that Bungie didn't, like expanding the lore. But not remastering Halo 3 to finish the fight once again it's not only a bit stupid but a bit of backlash to the community. However, Halo 3 Anniversary might still happen, but not on it's 10th anniversary. Don't lose your hopes yet.

It's possible that 343 is making changes on their formula and try to mix their formula with the classic formula. My opinion and thoughs, don't judge them.

#makeHalogreatagain
I'm really getting afraid that Halo is starting to go down the tubes. I've been playing Halo since it first started, and I've always found something I enjoyed about each game; there was always something that made me go back and play the games. When I knew Bungie was leaving, I was looking forward to what the new company would bring to the game, and was I wrong.
I HATED Halo 4, and Halo 5 wasn't really any different either. Those games ABSOLUTELY did not feel like Halo, they were junk to me, and I'm afraid that Halo 6 will be the same way. 343 really needs to step it up. And OMG STOP MAKING HALO LIKE CALL OF DUTY!!! I swear Halo 5 was just a copy of COD. 343 has taken away the uniqueness that made Halo well...Halo. Halo has always been different than the other fps games.
With 343 saying that they won't remaster H3, which was my (And I'm sure most other peoples') favorite Halo game before Reach came out, I've lost my respect with them. They've figuratively slapped me in the face.
I almost don't want Halo 6. In fact, I almost don't want anymore Halo games, as long as 343 Industries is still making them the way they are making them. I'm saying goodbye to Halo if changes aren't made.
Please do something to bring Halo back 343, I'm begging you, please make Halo Halo again.
I respect your decision. At one time, and since that time, I questioned Halo's uniqueness with the recent games. They have many unique things, but those generic mechanics makes me wonder if Halo is still the king of the FPS genre.

Unlike you, I loved Halo 4. I loved it's soundtrack, story, Master Chief's design, the Prometheans, Didact and some UNSC and Forerunner aesthetics.
I haven't played Halo 5, except on PC, so I won't say anything about it. But from my PC gameplay, I really fell in love with it's multiplayer and small community.
Also, Halo isn't copying from CoD, but rather the generic stuff from video-games. ADS is generic, Sprint is generic, bla bla bla. It's not a copy of Call of Duty. But I respect your opinion and perspective of view and won't argue to change it.

I know how frustrated you are about how they won't remaster Halo 3, as it is my favorite Halo game. But, I still respect them, because they're actually doing so many good things that Bungie didn't, like expanding the lore. But not remastering Halo 3 to finish the fight once again it's not only a bit stupid but a bit of backlash to the community. However, Halo 3 Anniversary might still happen, but not on it's 10th anniversary. Don't lose your hopes yet.

It's possible that 343 is making changes on their formula and try to mix their formula with the classic formula. My opinion and thoughs, don't judge them.

#makeHalogreatagain
Thanks for respecting my opinion. I know 343 is doing what they think is good for the games, but they're losing fans. I still have faith in them, but as of right now, I'm kind of dreading what's next. Not that the games are bad necessarily, but because they don't really feel like Halo anymore to me. And I just don't like the way Halo is going as of right now. I meant all what I said, I will keep playing the games, but I don't know how much longer. 4 & 5 did nothing to really catch my interest when I played them, and I played them through fully. There wasn't really anything about them that wanted me to come back and play them. Halo 5 was better than 4 though, in my opinion. Which brings hopes that Halo 6 will be even better.
I personally don't think that it's needed, yet.

#makeHalogreatagain
Thanks for respecting my opinion. I know 343 is doing what they think is good for the games, but they're losing fans. I still have faith in them, but as of right now, I'm kind of dreading what's next. Not that the games are bad necessarily, but because they don't really feel like Halo anymore to me. And I just don't like the way Halo is going as of right now. I meant all what I said, I will keep playing the games, but I don't know how much longer. 4 & 5 did nothing to really catch my interest when I played them, and I played them through fully. There wasn't really anything about them that wanted me to come back and play them. Halo 5 was better than 4 though, in my opinion. Which brings hopes that Halo 6 will be even better.
Only one can hope. Many, including myself, think that the "No Halo 3 Anniversary" case is for the sole purpose of removing more weight off 343's shoulders and focusing a lot in Halo 6. Just like how Chief said in Halo 4: "One thing at the time".
AllenBIH wrote:

-Yoink- sprint
Must say that I agree with this completely.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3