Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Nostalgia From the Old Games

OP Xengii

I remember all of the amazing moments that I experienced throughout playing the games as a kid, so I’d love to hear all of the stories that you fellow Spartans would love to share. Great games, even greater memories
Same man, same! I'm currently working on a Halo 3 Game Review! Using a green screen. It's for a video editing class. But working on it I remember my aunt getting Halo 3 for me and then I played on my uncles 360, I remember that intro. Ahhhhh, the nostalgia!
Same man, same! I'm currently working on a Halo 3 Game Review! Using a green screen. It's for a video editing class. But working on it I remember my aunt getting Halo 3 for me and then I played on my uncles 360, I remember that intro. Ahhhhh, the nostalgia!
Right? I remember getting Halo: 3 for my 7th birthday, and I was literally in love. I loved that campaign so much. It was awesome! That video review you got going on sounds sick, btw!
i would have to say the best memory i have of Halo CE is the one night my TV stopped working...here is the story.

I'm a broke college kid, early 2003 time frame, one thing to remember is that back then, CRT TV's were still very much a thing....
so my TV stopped working on me, so my friend and i ran up to Wal-mart to pick up a brand new 46inch TV. now, this sucker was HUUUUUUGE, we get out to my POS car and find out that the TV doesn't fit. at all. so we are standing there thinking, "how the hell are we going to get this thing home?"

luckily, there was a lady in the parking lot who had a SUV, she walked over and asked "do we need help?" explained to her that the TV we just bought doesn't fit in our car and were debating on walking it home in a cart. so she graciously offered up her vehicle for us to use! she cleared out her car and let us move the TV in and drove us to my house. as we struggled to get the TV into my house, remember this was a 300lb square box trying to go through a small door, this lady is just standing there laughing at us. she tells us this is the most fun she has had in a while (because we were struggling so much with the TV) and how glad she was that she offered to help us out. even though she was hesitant because she was approaching two guys in a random Wal-Mart parking lot hahaha.

anyway, we finally got the TV in the house, down the stairs in the basement and hooked up. we then proceeded to play the rest of the night having a blast!

this is just ONE story out of countless nights of LANning, running network cable across an entire house, yelling at the other team about how bad they are and getting the police called on us because the wife was tired of us yelling in her house (yea, that happened. and now we are great friends to this day)

this game has brought literally so many memories.
i would have to say the best memory i have of Halo CE is the one night my TV stopped working...here is the story.

I'm a broke college kid, early 2003 time frame, one thing to remember is that back then, CRT TV's were still very much a thing....
so my TV stopped working on me, so my friend and i ran up to Wal-mart to pick up a brand new 46inch TV. now, this sucker was HUUUUUUGE, we get out to my POS car and find out that the TV doesn't fit. at all. so we are standing there thinking, "how the hell are we going to get this thing home?"

luckily, there was a lady in the parking lot who had a SUV, she walked over and asked "do we need help?" explained to her that the TV we just bought doesn't fit in our car and were debating on walking it home in a cart. so she graciously offered up her vehicle for us to use! she cleared out her car and let us move the TV in and drove us to my house. as we struggled to get the TV into my house, remember this was a 300lb square box trying to go through a small door, this lady is just standing there laughing at us. she tells us this is the most fun she has had in a while (because we were struggling so much with the TV) and how glad she was that she offered to help us out. even though she was hesitant because she was approaching two guys in a random Wal-Mart parking lot hahaha.

anyway, we finally got the TV in the house, down the stairs in the basement and hooked up. we then proceeded to play the rest of the night having a blast!

this is just ONE story out of countless nights of LANning, running network cable across an entire house, yelling at the other team about how bad they are and getting the police called on us because the wife was tired of us yelling in her house (yea, that happened. and now we are great friends to this day)

Dude, that story, is epic, lol. I don’t know if I’ve ever had a TV break on me while playing, but I have had some scary power outages that I swore were going to fry my Xbox
Xengii wrote:

Dude, that story, is epic, lol. I don’t know if I’ve ever had a TV break on me while playing, but I have had some scary power outages that I swore were going to fry my Xbox
Unfortunately I had Error 74 happen to me while playing Halo 3. One of the Cortana moments happened and she turned like a weird green color then the Xbox froze and that was the end of that 360 lol. I ended up getting it fixed and have steadily been playing Halo 3 for the last 10.5 years. My favorite Halo memory came during the Halo 3 release. So I was a freshman in high school so 14. Too young to have a job or anything so money wasn’t easy to come by as my parents didn’t really give me or my brother money. The year before I had gone in with my brother to get a 360 (the deal was I paid about 80% of it he paid the rest and I would buy him out of his part over time so it would be my Xbox) and this is when they were still $400. Fast forward to the release of Halo 3 I didn’t have $60 nor was I old enough to buy it and my mom refused to get it for me because she hated the Xbox lol. So I go to school the day after the release and EVERYONE is talking about Halo 3 and how amazing it was. I was talking to a friend about it in gym class and asked if I could borrow it. He laughed me off but I finally convinced him but I could only borrow it for one day. He brought it to school the next day and I was so excited. I got in the car with my brother to go home after school and told him I thought we might be busy that night and he looked confused and then I pulled Halo 3 out of my bookbag and he freaked out. Played the whole campaign that night and I was in love. This was before I had Xbox Live so campaign was everything to me. I know that was a long story but that was my favorite memory of Halo (I eventually got my own copy for Christmas that year). I still play Halo 3 a lot so this was my first memory of the GOAT of all games (my opinion lol).
I have so many memories but I always pinpoint on the friends I’ve made. We were a group of 5 and played everyday on halo 2&3. We don’t play together any more since I’m the lone halo player but we do meet up on occasion and catch up. We all live across the country so it’s nice that when we can see each other.
One of my fondest memories was my 16th birthday party. My parents just bought a new house but we hadn't moved in yet. It was going to be another week or so before we did. So for my 16th birthday party, they let me use the new house for a massive LAN party. My dad rented a bunch of tables and chairs, mom bought all the pizza and soda, and I invited all my friends. We set everything up and it was amazing. This was March 2005. Everyone brought their own Xbox, TV, at least one controller, and Halo 2. We linked every single Xbox together so there were plenty of system link games to pick from and we played all night. Around 50 friends showed up that night. It was one of the best nights of my whole life. It was incredible. :')
dryrain23 wrote:
Xengii wrote:

Unfortunately I had Error 74 happen to me while playing Halo 3. One of the Cortana moments happened and she turned like a weird green color then the Xbox froze and that was the end of that 360 lol. I ended up getting it fixed and have steadily been playing Halo 3 for the last 10.5 years. My favorite Halo memory came during the Halo 3 release. So I was a freshman in high school so 14. Too young to have a job or anything so money wasn’t easy to come by as my parents didn’t really give me or my brother money. The year before I had gone in with my brother to get a 360 (the deal was I paid about 80% of it he paid the rest and I would buy him out of his part over time so it would be my Xbox) and this is when they were still $400. Fast forward to the release of Halo 3 I didn’t have $60 nor was I old enough to buy it and my mom refused to get it for me because she hated the Xbox lol. So I go to school the day after the release and EVERYONE is talking about Halo 3 and how amazing it was. I was talking to a friend about it in gym class and asked if I could borrow it. He laughed me off but I finally convinced him but I could only borrow it for one day. He brought it to school the next day and I was so excited. I got in the car with my brother to go home after school and told him I thought we might be busy that night and he looked confused and then I pulled Halo 3 out of my bookbag and he freaked out. Played the whole campaign that night and I was in love. This was before I had Xbox Live so campaign was everything to me. I know that was a long story but that was my favorite memory of Halo (I eventually got my own copy for Christmas that year). I still play Halo 3 a lot so this was my first memory of the GOAT of all games (my opinion lol).
That’s awesome that your friend let you borrow his copy. My friends and I used to do that with ODST, lol. I can remember playing the campaign before I ever had Live. Great times indeed
Cmacaveli wrote:
I have so many memories but I always pinpoint on the friends I’ve made. We were a group of 5 and played everyday on halo 2&3. We don’t play together any more since I’m the lone halo player but we do meet up on occasion and catch up. We all live across the country so it’s nice that when we can see each other.
That’s cool, dude. I have made many good friends through playing Halo
One of my fondest memories was my 16th birthday party. My parents just bought a new house but we hadn't moved in yet. It was going to be another week or so before we did. So for my 16th birthday party, they let me use the new house for a massive LAN party. My dad rented a bunch of tables and chairs, mom bought all the pizza and soda, and I invited all my friends. We set everything up and it was amazing. This was March 2005. Everyone brought their own Xbox, TV, at least one controller, and Halo 2. We linked every single Xbox together so there were plenty of system link games to pick from and we played all night. Around 50 friends showed up that night. It was one of the best nights of my whole life. It was incredible. :')
That sounds legendary! I wish I would’ve been around for the LAN days, but sadly I was a bit too young. I couldn’t imagine 50 of us all playing Halo in the same house, lol
My first was dropping feet first into New Mombasa. I loved playing detective and busting, hauling and kicking Covie -Yoink- as Alpha-9. My fondest memory was beating 3 on Legendary after a week's worth of bullet-slinging. Damn, what a ride!
My first was dropping feet first into New Mombasa. I loved playing detective and busting, hauling and kicking Covie -Yoink- as Alpha-9. My fondest memory was beating 3 on Legendary after a week's worth of bullet-slinging. Damn, what a ride!
Yeah, I loved the way Bungie went with the story of ODST. And I’ll never forget when I first beat Halo 3 in legendary, lol. As a 10 year old, that was rough back then
Watching the Nightcaster trailer and playing the Fusion Frenzy demo on the Halo CE disc was awesome for me.
2001 and Halo CE in general was amazing. Finishing the game, doing it again on Legendary, again in co-op, doing ridiculous challenges like getting the Banshee in Two Betrayals into as many rooms as we could, LAN with multiple Xbox’s and friends with a few beverages. Halo CE pretty much had everything. I haven’t had a LAN party since Halo 2, a shame because I personally feel it is much more fun to frag your friends in the same room than over Xbox Live.