Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Old original halo titles coming to Xbox one.

OP IMMORTIIS87

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think it's gonna better to play the original titles because MCC is a lazy broken title. At least with the titles you'll have all your favorite options then we're never in the MCC. Can't wait. But they should try to release the original Combat evolve.
Yes, I can't wait!
Of course. You can't have original Xbox backwards compatibility without releasing the game that made Xbox what it is. That would be a sin! Sadly though I don't have the original Combat Evolved, but I do have 2.
I'm actually afraid of this, cause propably the backcompat Halos are going to be the exact same Halos that would be with original resolution (maybe) and framerate 30fps. Also the 360 emulator on xbox one can cause some input lag like we saw with black ops 2. So I'm afraid this is going to be a sluggish come back of original Halos (I really hope devs can prove me wrong). What I would have liked to see instead was Halo 3 Anniversary with dedicated servers or just fixing the MCC matchmaking system.

Ps. 343 it's still not too late! Halo 3 Anniversary with proper matchmaking would be massive for Halo community while we are waiting for Halo 6!
True. MCC was a great idea but very poorly managed. The game could've been huge but it was a flop
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Really wish the h2 servers were still up but when H3 comes back the hype will be real
Halo 2 may present issues. Do you release v1.0 for the speedrunners or do you release v1.5 so the game has good multiplayer? Do you release two versions to satisfy both? Will NTSC-U and NTSC-J versions both be available? Can PAL regions download those? How do you handle the DLC?

Halo: CE is much simpler, the only question is can PAL regions download and use the NTSC-U version and will the PAL version still be available for comparison and archival purposes?
Was this annouced by Xbox? I just didn't see any info about it until now I was wondering if Halo CE and Halo 2 would be BC.
dryrain23 wrote:
Was this annouced by Xbox? I just didn't see any info about it until now I was wondering if Halo CE and Halo 2 would be BC.
unannounced
dryrain23 wrote:
unannounced
Well I hope they do announce it. I feel like it would be dumb on their part not to add the two best games on the Original Xbox.
Only 4 games will be backwards compatible (Halo CEA, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST & Halo 4)...
Link
Only 4 games will be backwards compatible (Halo CEA, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST & Halo 4)...
Link
Given that Halo: CE was xbox's 2nd biggest seller, MS announcing that games from the original 'xbox originals' program from Xbox 360 would carry over if they became available and Halo: CE being part of the 'xbox originals' program, I think Halo: CE is an unannounced lock for compatibility at this point.

Halo 2 was not made available for the 'xbox originals' program, had dlc and different versions would benefit different players (see above) so I don't think it will be made available right away. Halo 2 had a 33% attach rate to the original xbox though so being that popular is all but a guarantee that if MS is committed to this program then it will come eventually.
I know it's unlikely, but here's hoping for 60 fps in the games.
Likely going to be a general emulator aiming for the intended frame rates the games originally were, just like the 360 emulator is, so I doubt it. If MCC was handled correctly from the start we wouldn't need back-compat for Halo to begin with so it stings a little bit more than is has to.
Likely going to be a general emulator aiming for the intended frame rates the games originally were, just like the 360 emulator is, so I doubt it. If MCC was handled correctly from the start we wouldn't need back-compat for Halo to begin with so it stings a little bit more than is has to.
Very true considering we've tasted 60 fps Halo 3/4, albeit in a broken compilation. Oh well,all we can do is pray the back-compat versions come up to Xbox one functional and problem free.
Lord don't mess up halo 3. I do not trust you 343. Don't touch it. It's sacred
how could they mess up bc version of it
MadRaven01 wrote:
I don't think 343i are involved in the backwards compatibility program anyways.
MadRaven01 wrote:
You know you'd think how tf do you mess that up. Need I remind you of halo 5's existence. 343 can't do anything right lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2