Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

People dont appreciate the classics

OP chopperzac

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I’ve been playing halo since 2005!! Halo 2 is the best by far!! I had such a blast when I was given Halo 2 for my birthday. I appreciate the classics so much and I only play 360 to this day. You can still find me rolling around on Halo 3 and Reach. I’m about to hop on 4 and give it some more appreciate here soon only because I do like some aspects about it. Including the armor!!
What you have to remember is that the Halo games revolutionized the First Person Shooter genre on console alone as things like Forge were already done way better on PC years prior. Things like regenerating health, two-weapon-limits, and slow gameplay are all things that Halo hurt the genre with as we're only now seeing franchises like Quake return.

Halo did a lot of good for console First Person Shooters in the sense of control and such - as well as revolutionizing online gaming - but Halo isn't the god of First Person Shooters and those who insist it is either haven't played Halo's PC predecessors or are too obsessed with Halo to not worship it.
What you have to remember is that the Halo games revolutionized the First Person Shooter genre on console alone as things like Forge were already done way better on PC years prior. Things like regenerating health, two-weapon-limits, and slow gameplay are all things that Halo hurt the genre with as we're only now seeing franchises like Quake return.

Halo did a lot of good for console First Person Shooters in the sense of control and such - as well as revolutionizing online gaming - but Halo isn't the god of First Person Shooters and those who insist it is either haven't played Halo's PC predecessors or are too obsessed with Halo to not worship it.
No i agree completely. Doom, Quake and unreal tornoument did alot for shooters but im talking about console FPS not pc because i completely agree halo is somewhat indignificant on pc compared to console.
I’ve been playing halo since 2005!! Halo 2 is the best by far!! I had such a blast when I was given Halo 2 for my birthday. I appreciate the classics so much and I only play 360 to this day. You can still find me rolling around on Halo 3 and Reach. I’m about to hop on 4 and give it some more appreciate here soon only because I do like some aspects about it. Including the armor!!
I still play halo 3 on back compat everyday I just dont like the modern games as much.
Of course kids dont respect the prior games. They only care about whats trendy and cool right now.
Of course kids dont respect the prior games. They only care about whats trendy and cool right now.
I guess
I've had this happen to me on many occasions. My friends are not CoD players, but rather CS GO players. They still insist that Halo is not that good of a game or ever was. I respectfully disagree.
The only COD game i actually enjoyed was MW2, but i split many an hour between that and Halo 3/wars. Those were great days of gaming.
I still miss the days where we would spend the evenings on the computer lab at school, having a LAN party on Halo CE.
Everyone was the same, no bullies, no nerds and no weirdos. Just a bunch of kids having fun with videogames.
I appreciate them a lot, I never had Live when I was younger, but we'd play after school.
chopperzac wrote:
The quality is subjective, certainly. The legacy each game left behind is not. Those who dismiss this are blind to reality.
Yeah they dont believe me its quite sad actually
What FPS game could they believe is better than the classic halos They are highly praised for a good reason
I've had this happen to me on many occasions. My friends are not CoD players, but rather CS GO players. They still insist that Halo is not that good of a game or ever was. I respectfully disagree.
As a halo fan that made me tear up a little bit on the inside halo did So many things right like the map design, multiplayer, campaign, art style, balance maybe your friends just haven’t inspected all the things I mentioned and took the time to appreciate what it did
As a halo fan that made me tear up a little bit on the inside halo did So many things right like the map design, multiplayer, campaign, art style, balance maybe your friends just haven’t inspected all the things I mentioned and took the time to appreciate what it did
I had the same reaction and came to the same conclusion.
My first Halo was Reach, I bought it along with a 360 in late 2011 when I was finishing up middle school. A few years later I bought Halo 3 and played it religiously, I got a lot of my friends into Halo during that time as well and we got all the achievements in Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2 PC, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo 4. As much as I love Reach's customization, commendations and rankings system, there's something about the purity of the classics (Halo 2 and 3 specifically) that no other game has come close to replicating. I can see the appeal in games like Halo 4 and 5 since they play just like any other modern FPS and are easy to learn (I personally dislike them both) but the newcomers to the community and the devs at 343 need to realize that sprint and gimmicky abilities didn't make Halo the juggernaut it was in its prime. Halo was unique, the second it began adopting gameplay from other popular titles is when it lost its identity.
Yeah im usually respectful of other opinions but its frustrating
The only COD game i actually enjoyed was MW2, but i split many an hour between that and Halo 3/wars. Those were great days of gaming.
Yeah mw2 was my favourite i split mine with halo 3 and mw2
Valtrixity wrote:
I appreciate them a lot, I never had Live when I was younger, but we'd play after school.
Yeah people should do and you dont even need live with splitscreen or campaign its still great fun.
My first Halo was Reach, I bought it along with a 360 in late 2011 when I was finishing up middle school. A few years later I bought Halo 3 and played it religiously, I got a lot of my friends into Halo during that time as well and we got all the achievements in Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2 PC, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo 4. As much as I love Reach's customization, commendations and rankings system, there's something about the purity of the classics (Halo 2 and 3 specifically) that no other game has come close to replicating. I can see the appeal in games like Halo 4 and 5 since they play just like any other modern FPS and are easy to learn (I personally dislike them both) but the newcomers to the community and the devs at 343 need to realize that sprint and gimmicky abilities didn't make Halo the juggernaut it was in its prime. Halo was unique, the second it began adopting gameplay from other popular titles is when it lost its identity.
Yeah the newer games dont help people alot of younger gamers think halo was always like this and its really sad.
Halo should go back to its roots in terms of gameplay play and should start using the classic art style more also because I miss dual wielding weapons and you don’t go back an features unless people really dislike it you go forwards
Halo should go back to its roots in terms of gameplay play and should start using the classic art style more also because I miss dual wielding weapons and you don’t go back an features unless people really dislike it you go forwards
Yeah classic is the way forward man.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3