Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Plz Halo 3 on PC

OP VexHax

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I know its never going to happen but oh my god it would be amazing. I would pay a full $60 and then buy myself and all my friends the game. Then as a thanks to 343 for porting it I would buy all new Halo games for myself and my friends for the next 10 years. Twice.

In all seriousness though, I think a Halo 3 port isn't really all that bad of an Idea. The engine is already on PC and I could just imagine playing those spicy custom made maps that people have made for Halo Custom Edition and Halo 2 vista. I want to play the last level of Halo 3 on 4k 144hz. I want to then get rank 50 with my buds that never played Halo as much as I did. A man can only dream though.
It's just not going to happen. The closest anyone will ever get to Halo 3 on PC is by playing the Halo Online Game that was released as a Russia Exclusive. There's versions you can download in the US that make it playable though I'm not sure how populated multiplayer is.
It's just not going to happen. The closest anyone will ever get to Halo 3 on PC is by playing the Halo Online Game that was released as a Russia Exclusive. There's versions you can download in the US that make it playable though I'm not sure how populated multiplayer is.
The population is kind low, but mostly because people are waiting for 0.6
I never played Halo Online so I never knew how the population was
Why don't you try it? Downloads are available in it's own Reddit page. No micro-transactions, no unlocks, nothing. It's all free and ready to use from the get-go. Additionally, you can install mods that change some aesthetics. Halo 3 weapons, Halo Reach weapons, H2A BR, Halo 3 armor, Halo 3 HUD, fixes, etc. You should give it a try :)
Why don't you try it? Downloads are available in it's own Reddit page. No micro-transactions, no unlocks, nothing. It's all free and ready to use from the get-go. Additionally, you can install mods that change some aesthetics. Halo 3 weapons, Halo Reach weapons, H2A BR, Halo 3 armor, Halo 3 HUD, fixes, etc. You should give it a try :)
Honestly, not a ton of time. I work two jobs, going to school full time, and I run my own business. I make free time every night to play games and would rather spend an hour or two playing MCC, Overwatch, Fortnite, or Gears 4 with my girlfriend and some buddies rather than playing Halo Online or any other PC game. It's just quicker to load up MCC and play a few games of Team Slayer
Honestly, not a ton of time. I work two jobs, going to school full time, and I run my own business. I make free time every night to play games and would rather spend an hour or two playing MCC, Overwatch, Fortnite, or Gears 4 with my girlfriend and some buddies rather than playing Halo Online or any other PC game. It's just quicker to load up MCC and play a few games of Team Slayer
Ah ok. Don't really have much to say about this. But yeah, I think I would do the same in your place.
Ah ok. Don't really have much to say about this. But yeah, I think I would do the same in your place.
At some point, I would love to download and play Halo Online but now just isn't that time
Yea I've played Halo Online and even have all of the Halo 3 models modded on to it but it just isn't the same.
VexHax wrote:
Yea I've played Halo Online and even have all of the Halo 3 models modded on to it but it just isn't the same.
Wait for 6.0 and you'll basically have Halo 3 MP on PC.
VexHax wrote:
I know it's not the same. It's Halo 3 with other weapons added in. Looks fun but odd
Just a note about Halo Online - please don't share links to or discuss versions other than the beta itself. Version of the game that come from unofficial sources, Reddit for example, fall under modded content and can't be discussed on Waypoint.
stckrboy wrote:
Just a note about Halo Online - please don't share links to or discuss versions other than the beta itself. Version of the game that come from unofficial sources, Reddit for example, fall under modded content and can't be discussed on Waypoint.
That's what I always though. Thanks for clearing that up.
stckrboy wrote:
Did not know that. Thank you for the tip!
There is no technical issue of porting it over to pc otherwise we wouldnt have halo 1&2 there is no reason why they cant nor will they tell us why, for what ever reason 343/microsoft dont say it wont happen nor will they say it will happen, but with this so called "spring" update to the MCC i could see a port of the mcc coming to pc... it would be a wasted oppertunity from 343 not to bring a updated version of 1 and 2 and we could finally finish the fight, and with the added bounus of ODST and halo 4 but thats just my thoughts and my hopes.
There is no technical issue of porting it over to pc otherwise we wouldnt have halo 1&2 there is no reason why they cant nor will they tell us why, for what ever reason 343/microsoft dont say it wont happen nor will they say it will happen, but with this so called "spring" update to the MCC i could see a port of the mcc coming to pc... it would be a wasted oppertunity from 343 not to bring a updated version of 1 and 2 and we could finally finish the fight, and with the added bounus of ODST and halo 4 but thats just my thoughts and my hopes.
Even if they then get plans to release MCC on PC (likely on both Windows Store and Steam), I honestly don't think they would release it the same day as the patch, but much, much later. And while it's true that there's no technical issues, I think there's population issues. I just don't think there are that many people that love and play Halo on PC. In Halo CE, there's only mexican or spanish people, and it's hard to find an american/english, and even if we do, we can't be always sure if he really is one. Both Halo Wars games are barely played online, Halo Online's infection servers and one or two servers are always full but the others have almost no people at all.
The only game that I have hope for is Halo 2 with Project Cartographer that aims into enhancing the game with new features such as Forge and co-op campaign, while also upgrading textures. Completely out of the question, but I'm completely afraid of playing Halo 2 online simply because of the button combos. Yes, I hate them. Alot.
But then, another proof is when Halo 3 was re-released on Xbox One as a Backwards Compatible title. Many people though it would increase the current Halo population, but the result was basically nobody caring afterwards.

I fear the future of Halo. I'm afraid that it starts to be forgotten overtime until there's nothing left to keep us entertained. And what started that fear was simply Halo 3's re-release.
Another reason it won't happen is because the whole "crossplay" deal is something no one is really doing right now. Even if it were, the divide in skill between console gamers and PC gamers would be outrageous
Another reason it won't happen is because the whole "crossplay" deal is something no one is really doing right now. Even if it were, the divide in skill between console gamers and PC gamers would be outrageous
Then imagine this:
Halo 2 PC players that know button combos and mastered it on the keyboard against Halo 2 console players that can't use button combos. The skill gap would be even larger.
Then imagine this:
Halo 2 PC players that know button combos and mastered it on the keyboard against Halo 2 console players that can't use button combos. The skill gap would be even larger.
mmhmm. Can you imagine how that would have been back in the day when Halo 2 was in its prime? It would have been crazy!
With 343 running halo, dont expect it! Seriously
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2