Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Prophet of Regret or Tartarus? Best boss battle?

OP BloodiedSpirit6

Who was funner to kill? (Yes I know funner is not a word but I don’t know what to replace it with)
Tartarus because that Banshee life is best life.
Regret. Because punching the hell out of him is just satisfying.
It was really satisfying punching the crap out of him, but whatever you do when you're punching him, just don't close your eyes, you'll "Regret it"
I liked following and killing the prophet of regret
Tartarus because it's easier to cheese. I hate both of the fights when done normally.
Regret, is a good way for Master Chief to let out some of that anger he might have. Like if Johnson was hitting on Cortana, Chief could pretend that Regret was Johnson and take revenge and defend his lady lol.
Both fights suck, but I'd pick Regret since it's a bit more interactive since you can plan when to strike, clear out the enemies or manoeuvre. All you're doing for Tartarus is to wait for Johnson to fire his 3 shots (which aren't guaranteed to hit) then pump him full of plasma then kill the occasional brute reinforcements, that fight is more boring than Regret.
Tartarus because that Banshee life is best life.
I was gonna say, being able to just troll Tartarus with a Banshee is the BEST
I would say Tartarus was more fun, but I do think both fights could have been more fun. With regret, he can teleport, he shoots plasma, and he has the elite guards protecting him. To kill him you just punch him to death. Maybe if you overloaded his chair or something and he blows up. Tartarus is actually a bit more difficult, but to kill him, Johnson has to shoot him with his beam rifle. Something other than waiting for Johnson to shoot would be better. Maybe you have to ride the spinning platforms to ride to a power source that would release a blast that would disable his shields and then you and Johnson could attack him until Tartartus' shields recharge.
Completely agree. I enjoyed beating the heck out of that man.
Nadesicle wrote:
True though the never ending waves of Honor Guards makes it a bit of a pain when playing on Legendary
Nadesicle wrote:
True though the never ending waves of Honor Guards makes it a bit of a pain when playing on Legendary
And even then, it's more enjoyable in Legendary because it's when we get to punch him alot, while in easier difficulties, he die with 4-6 punches.
Nadesicle wrote:
And even then, it's more enjoyable in Legendary because it's when we get to punch him alot, while in easier difficulties, he die with 4-6 punches.
This is true. I think it's upwards of 20 punches before he goes down. The number of times you board him depends on how many punches you can get in before he teleport's on you
Tarturus actually fought back. Regret sat there, let out some pulses, and the real challenge was getting past his Elite honor guards; Not killing him. While Regret is one of my favorite missions in all of Halo, Tarturus was simply a better boss.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
Tarturus actually fought back. Regret sat there, let out some pulses, and the real challenge was getting past his Elite honor guards; Not killing him. While Regret is one of my favorite missions in all of Halo, Tarturus was simply a better boss.
True but it was a very satisfying killing.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
True but it was a very satisfying killing.
Amen
EchoLoco2 wrote:
Tarturus was a better boss, I don't think anyone will disagree there. Regret was just more entertaining to kill because you had to go punch him so many times while defending yourself against the never ending waves of Honor Guards
Regret was a fun boss fight and even better co-op because you could take turns with your friend just punching him senseless.