Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

put the halo 2 vista servers back up

OP UnderlaidZero

I think that if you put the servers back up for halo 2 pc then a lot of people will play it I have never played the windows version of this game but I would if you put the multiplayer servers back up you did it with halo 1 for pc
Doubt they'll bring back the Halo 2 Vista servers. Too little players now to bring back. If you want to play Halo 2 PC online, there's a community made project called "Project Cartographer" that lets you play online without the dreaded GFWL service.
Sorry OP, this isn't something that's going to happen
I think that if you put the servers back up for halo 2 pc then a lot of people will play it I have never played the windows version of this game but I would if you put the multiplayer servers back up you did it with halo 1 for pc
There is absolutely no point in Microsoft putting the Halo 2 Vista servers back online. Before the shutoff, the game was dead, it only had a playerbase of 15-60 players at any one time. No one played it because Halo 2 Vista was such a joke of a port and a terrible 'PC' game that people abandoned it almost instantly.

Halo CE on PC had a player base of around 2000+. Furthermore, Halo PC was NOT saved by Microsoft or 343. That game, was saved by a joint effort by the Halo PC community and Bungie themselves. Yes, that's right, Bungie are the ones maintaining Halo PC's servers and it remains the last Halo game supported by Bungie to this day. Halo PC survived due to it being a very good PC game in its own right, as well as the wealth of mods and customisation options thanks to Halo Custom Edition.

If you want to try Halo 2 Vista, there is apparently a mod called Project Cartographer though I know very little about it and the information I did see from someone who claimed to be on the team was completely misleading. Check it out anyhow.
stckrboy wrote:
Sorry OP, this isn't something that's going to happen
That's like asking for the original Xbox servers to be restored back online