Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Should i be worried about this?

OP andry9611

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Jestzer wrote:
If memory serves me right, didn't Bungie say that downloading the game to an Xbox 360 would actually make the game run a bit slower? Maybe I'm thinking of Halo Reach or miss remembering all together.
You're right, but it's something that I think everyone has accepted, especially since there's no other choice on the Xbox One. I believe Reach was optimized to run better when installed, but the very least, it didn't have the problem Halo 3 had.
I mean, we still have the choice between Xbox 360 and Xbox One, it's just that Xbox One has a healthy population and the 360's is slowly dying
I'm afraid that Microsoft also agrees with that statement. The store on the 360 isn't reliable anymore. One time I wanted to buy a game (digitally because I would never find it here) and I inserted my credit card, but then I had to call Xbox support to remove the credit card from my account because it would simply refuse to remove it due to an error.
That and playing games on the Xbox One really feel better. I may use the 360 for games that aren't BC (Sonic Unleashed comes immediately to my mind) or because I don't have a second One controller to play with a friend, but other than that, I'll mainly use my One X.
That really stinks. I really love the Xbox 360. Xbox One has the better graphics and all that jazz but I honestly think the Xbox 360 is a better console. Besides the Red Ring of Death, which Microsoft address and handled very well, it didn't have issues. Games always ran flawlessly, Xbox Live rarely had issues, games rarely had issues, you could split screen every multiplayer game, you could system link every single multiplayer game WITHOUT THE NEED OF XBOX LIVE OR INTERNET, it was just an all around console. Nearly flawless.

It stinks to see it's lifespan coming to an end. :'(
Jestzer wrote:
If memory serves me right, didn't Bungie say that downloading the game to an Xbox 360 would actually make the game run a bit slower? Maybe I'm thinking of Halo Reach or miss remembering all together.
You're right, but it's something that I think everyone has accepted, especially since there's no other choice on the Xbox One. I believe Reach was optimized to run better when installed, but the very least, it didn't have the problem Halo 3 had.
That really stinks. I really love the Xbox 360. Xbox One has the better graphics and all that jazz but I honestly think the Xbox 360 is a better console. Besides the Red Ring of Death, which Microsoft address and handled very well, it didn't have issues. Games always ran flawlessly, Xbox Live rarely had issues, games rarely had issues, you could split screen every multiplayer game, you could system link every single multiplayer game WITHOUT THE NEED OF XBOX LIVE OR INTERNET, it was just an all around console. Nearly flawless.

Well, but that's a cycle. A console is released, stays around for some 7 or so years, the next generation is released and over time, but older generations slowly die until they DO die. All the past Nintendo and Sega consoles are prime examples of this. I think the last generation was the Golden Years of gaming, at least in my life (born in 2001). I mean, look at what was released in that time: Halo 3, Crysis, Call of Duty Modern Warfares, Battlefield, Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, the list goes on almost forever. I'm afraid we're getting off-topic here so, I'll stop here =).
EDIT: But in the end, I'll never forget the 360 for the nigh-endless hours of entertainment it gave me.
Jestzer wrote:

Well, but that's a cycle. A console is released, stays around for some 7 or so years, the next generation is released and over time, but older generations slowly die until they DO die. All the past Nintendo and Sega consoles are prime examples of this. I think the last generation was the Golden Years of gaming, at least in my life (born in 2001). I mean, look at what was released in that time: Halo 3, Crysis, Call of Duty Modern Warfares, Battlefield, Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, the list goes on almost forever. I'm afraid we're getting off-topic here so, I'll stop here =).
EDIT: But in the end, I'll never forget the 360 for the nigh-endless hours of entertainment it gave me.
I know it is, still stinks. The Xbox 360 was the definition of the Golden Years of Gaming.
Jestzer wrote:

I know it is, still stinks. The Xbox 360 was the definition of the Golden Years of Gaming.
Yeah it really sucks, but in our hearts i think we'll forget Xbox 360. (And i still haven't got the Xbox One, so no Halo 5: Guardians yet 😭)
andry9611 wrote:
Jestzer wrote:

Yeah it really sucks, but in our hearts i think we'll forget Xbox 360. (And i still haven't got the Xbox One, so no Halo 5: Guardians yet 😭)
I only got my One X quite some days ago and I've already completed Halo 5 on Legendary lmao. In my opinion, it stands at the levels of Reach in difficulty, but for completely different reasons. When I get MCC and Halo Wars 2, I'm going to play throughout the entire saga in chronological order, since Halo Wars until Halo Wars 2: ATN on Heroic.
EDIT: Kinda curious how the Halo Wars is the beginning and end to Halo, at least in this point in time (in terms of events).
andry9611 wrote:
Jestzer wrote:

We'll never forget. All the memories with Halo 3, Halo Wars, Halo Reach, and Halo 4.

Why haven't you picked up an Xbox One yet?
andry9611 wrote:
Jestzer wrote:

We'll never forget. All the memories with Halo 3, Halo Wars, Halo Reach, and Halo 4.

Well i plan to pick up XONE this winter if i find a good offer.

To explain in few words i always had both console of Microsoft and Sony of every generation (and a High End, constantly updated,PC). I buy multiplatform games digitally on PC because they're cheaper and, i buy the console whose exclusive games convinced me more for first (for example in the previous generation i bought the Xbox 360 first and the Playstation 3 in 2011) and at the end of the Gen i pick up the other one and recollect all the games i missed (instead in the current Gen i bought the Playstation 4 first and i hope to pick up the Xbox One as soon as i can) at a cheaper price.

And honestly i also waited because i believed Microsoft when said they'll bring every Xbox One game on Windows 10, i'm still waiting, for now i only got Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, Gears of War 4, GoW Ultimate Edition, and Halo 5 Forge, but it's more a tech demo than an actual game.

Do you think they'll ever port MCC and Halo 5: Guardians?
andry9611 wrote:
andry9611 wrote:
Jestzer wrote:

To explain in few words i always had both console of Microsoft and Sony of every generation (and a High End, constantly updated,PC). I buy multiplatform games digitally on PC because they're cheaper and, i buy the console whose exclusive games convinced me more for first (for example in the previous generation i bought the Xbox 360 first and the Playstation 3 in 2011) and at the end of the Gen i pick up the other one and recollect all the games i missed (instead in the current Gen i bought the Playstation 4 first and i hope to pick up the Xbox One as soon as i can) at a cheaper price.

And honestly i also waited because i believed Microsoft when said they'll bring every Xbox One game on Windows 10, i'm still waiting, for now i only got Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, Gears of War 4, GoW Ultimate Edition, and Halo 5 Forge, but it's more a tech demo than an actual game.

That's fair. Just surprising you haven't picked one up just yet.

I don't think we'll see MCC or Halo 5 on PC any time soon. I'm sure Halo Infinite will though
andry9611 wrote:
andry9611 wrote:
Jestzer wrote:

That's fair. Just surprising you haven't picked one up just yet.

I don't think we'll see MCC or Halo 5 on PC any time soon. I'm sure Halo Infinite will though
I'm surprised too i still haven't got one, but University makes me have less money and time than i had before so i hope i can buy XONE this winter at least.

Yeah i know Infinite will come on PC, this year MS E3 was awesome and made me hopeful for an incredible future, the game looks insane from the trailer, the graphics, the atmosphere, reminded me the good old times of Halo 3. I hope Master Chief and Cortana will be back at their best (remember no spoiler for H5 Guardians on that, i haven't played it yet!)
Jestzer wrote:
I mean, we still have the choice between Xbox 360 and Xbox One, it's just that Xbox One has a healthy population and the 360's is slowly dying
Uh, I wasn't referring to the MCC. The backwards compatible version is the same population.
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
Uh, I wasn't referring to the MCC. The backwards compatible version is the same population.
Well yeah, backwards compatible version is the same exact thing. I meant that the Xbox One has a healthy population whereas the 360 doesn't. More people are playing Halo 3 on MCC than they are on the original Halo 3. That's what I'm talking about
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
Well yeah, backwards compatible version is the same exact thing. I meant that the Xbox One has a healthy population whereas the 360 doesn't. More people are playing Halo 3 on MCC than they are on the original Halo 3. That's what I'm talking about
Okay, but I wasn't talking about the MCC, lol, but I guess I'll make a comment about it now. The loading times for anything in MCC are awful, so playing on the Xbox One means slow loading times in any version of Halo 3.
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
Okay, but I wasn't talking about the MCC, lol, but I guess I'll make a comment about it now. The loading times for anything in MCC are awful, so playing on the Xbox One means slow loading times in any version of Halo 3.
The upcoming patch is going to fix that though. Ill take some longer loading times if it means being able to play consistently rather than having to wait forever just to find a few people for a game of Team Slayer in the original
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
The upcoming patch is going to fix that though. Ill take some longer loading times if it means being able to play consistently rather than having to wait forever just to find a few people for a game of Team Slayer in the original
See, I would happily play Halo 3 on MCC but my issue, as trivial as it is, is that I prefer and miss the old games UI's.

Playing MCC in its current form, the UI is just a mess and it doesn't feel like I'm playing any particular Halo game, as weird as that sounds. I applaud 343 for finally redesigning and improving the UI but you know, I'd love to be able to just choose a game and launch into a remastered Halo (game) UI.

Who doesn't love the games original UI's? Halo CE's view of the mysterious Halo ring? Halo 2's Metropolis view of a city under siege? Halo 3's Portal to the Ark as the Covenant launches their final assault? It's just nice to look at compared to MCC.
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
See, I would happily play Halo 3 on MCC but my issue, as trivial as it is, is that I prefer and miss the old games UI's.

Playing MCC in its current form, the UI is just a mess and it doesn't feel like I'm playing any particular Halo game, as weird as that sounds. I applaud 343 for finally redesigning and improving the UI but you know, I'd love to be able to just choose a game and launch into a remastered Halo (game) UI.

Who doesn't love the games original UI's? Halo CE's view of the mysterious Halo ring? Halo 2's Metropolis view of a city under siege? Halo 3's Portal to the Ark as the Covenant launches their final assault? It's just nice to look at compared to MCC.
It's not trivial, I understand. It's very nostalgic hearing the menu music and going through the old UI's. It brings back alot of old memories and reminds me of the good ol' days
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2