Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Should the battle rifle be replaced with the DMR?

OP PowerfulSpirit

The battle rifle in my opinion was a horrible idea in halo 2-3. usually I prefer single-shot rifles like the DMR for example rather than a three-burst rifle. The Covenant Carbine and the DMR would fit well together in multiplayer and in general. What do you think?
Honestly, I think the weapon balance they have now (not just between the BR and the DMR but the whole sandbox) is the best we have ever had. I wouldn't mind if they didn't change it at all in future installments.

To answer your question, I would prefer it that way simply because I prefer the DMR over the BR, although it doesn't bother me if they never do it. My only concern would be if the carbine can match the DMR, since I have never seen the two go head to head.
ThirdEye27 wrote:
Honestly, I think the weapon balance they have now (not just between the BR and the DMR but the whole sandbox) is the best we have ever had. I wouldn't mind if they didn't change it at all in future installments.

To answer your question, I would prefer it that way simply because I prefer the DMR over the BR, although it doesn't bother me if they never do it. My only concern would be if the carbine can match the DMR, since I have never seen the two go head to head.
You've played all of the halo games right? Plus the DMR and carbine are about to doing medium to long range combat and are single shot rifles that can control your recoil.
ThirdEye27 wrote:

You've played all of the halo games right? Plus the DMR and carbine are about to doing medium to long range combat and are single shot rifles that can control your recoil.
I have played all of them except for Halo Wars 2. After giving it more thought, I realized that they would balance each other out. The Carbine would be more effective at close range, the DMR at long range, and both would be equal at mid range. It would work.
Depends on the map.
Yeah, but, depends on the map.
I kindly completely disagree. I think bringing in the DMR was a mistake. I prefer the burst fire weapon. And even Bungie in the day didn't think the single round would work in Halo 2 when the BR came around. In the E3 demo, the BR was actually a single shot weapon, but then got altered to the burst. I don't mind it in Halo 5, or even Halo 4 really, but in no way would I say it should replace the BR.
The BR was in burst fire unscoped but single shot with the scope at a time, made more sense.

The BR is supposed to replace the pistol from Combat Evolved, maybe the burst fire is there because you can shoot 12 times before reloading, like the pistol.
No. The Battle Rifle is a classic
I understand that the BR is a classic, but its feels unbalanced with the carbine. why couldn't the carbine acted like the BR that's my problem with the BR being unbalanced with the carbine. you have an alien weapon thats does single-shots and a human weapon doing three-burst do you see it? i'm not trying to be rude here, but i'm honest.
I think each of them have their own strengths and weaknesses and both of them should stay
HALO 3 battle rifle is easier to aim then HALO 5. I prefer the 2-3 BR.
I completely disagree. The BR is a classic! I really don't enjoy using the DMR in the first place.
no,battle rifle is dank af
VexHax wrote:
I completely disagree. The BR is a classic! I really don't enjoy using the DMR in the first place.
so true. you can get headshots and an immediate kill with the battle rifle after breaking shields and as well as a spray rather than just a one shot kill. And the battle rifle has all the same range. overall the DMR was really just a bad idea even though i use it occasionally.