Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

[Locked] So, If the flood and the covenant are defeated...

OP BWO Sandman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Who is left for Master Chief to fight in Halo 4? I'm guessing loyalist factions of the covenant start making a comeback.
I'd like to think Forerunners, but do not get caught up in my fan fictions (still very possible though).
Quote:
Who is left for Master Chief to fight in Halo 4? I'm guessing loyalist factions of the covenant start making a comeback.
The Brutes possibly. The Prophets are down but i'm sure the Brutes still want what the Covenant promised
The Covenant is not destroyed completely. Just nearly.
The Flood was only stopped, not destroyed.
There is 1 ring still infected with the Flood.
There are 5 rings yet to be discovered.
There is still the Spirit of Fire to find out about.
The Halo bible has 2 synthetic races in it yet to be discovered.
The UNSC is in a position to genetically manipulate the human population very easily now that there are very few left (think Humans vs Spartan civil war to be a possibility, like Homosapien vs Homosuperior).
The Chief can still meet up with Blue team.
Jun can continue with the next Noble team.
There are many Spartan teams consisting of SIIIs and the last remaining SIIs (Gray Team is out there).

So... that's just the stories to deal with immediately following the events of Halo3.

That's not including any game where we could have any Spartan Teams mission (Black, Gray, Headhunters, etc) who's mission story can take place any time after 2525.

I do pity those that only get the ADD satisfaction out of Halo.
That planet can be an infected shield world meaning flood and sentinels, for teammates the SoF can be around there, and the covies are still around.
The questions also remains how the flood still existed when the Forunners used Halo and wiped everything out. :)?
Quote:
The questions also remains how the flood still existed when the Forunners used Halo and wiped everything out. :)?
They went into hibernation i believe.
There could still be remaining Covenant factions, perhaps that were sent off on a mission to a far-flying corner of the galaxy and didn't hear of the Covenant's demise.

Possible Flood sources are plentiful, there's probably some on all the Halo installations for starters.

Sentinels could come from any Forerunner installation.

Insurrectionists? Yeah, the UNSC did just beat the Covenant, but y'know... haters gonna hate.
Quote:
The Halo rings destroy sentient life. Those little spore dudes in hibernation probably don't count as sentient.
Quote:
Quote:
The Halo rings destroy sentient life. Those little spore dudes in hibernation probably don't count as sentient.
This. They aren't sentient. The reason why the Flood coming back is a strong possibility is because they didn't originate from 'our' galaxy. The Forerunner found them on a moon on the edge of the galaxy- I think. Haven't really looked it up in a while.
But during the 300 year war the Forerunner kept 'samples' of the Flood to study, all of which were kept on different installations. The Halo effect didn't kill the Flood, rather their food. Refer to Halo CE for that.

Anyway. In a "Halo 4", I doubt we'd see most of the Covenant species. Elites would definitely make a appearance seeing as they basically saved Humanity, but the rest are not really needed. Flood would make an appearance, along with possibly Forerunner beings and/or their creations.

If 343 made a "Halo 4" with the same old enemies, it would just be considered old - At least to me. As much as it's been fun killing the same enemies for the last 10 years, something new is needed - Which is obvious. Just look at Reach; The campaign is dull, and boring.
Simple. He can fight other phycos on the Forrunner planet that you saw him about to crash on (if you beat the last level of 3 on hard or veteran). Brutes. Left over's of the covenent not knowing of the prophet's death trying to access Forrunner teck. I would like to point out that the U.N.S.C. "assumed" that all of the Spartans died. There are endless possibilities. Were talking about the Milky Way Galaxy, there could be another alien race that absolutly hates the humans.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This. They aren't sentient. The reason why the Flood coming back is a strong possibility is because they didn't originate from 'our' galaxy. The Forerunner found them on a moon on the edge of the galaxy- I think. Haven't really looked it up in a while.
But during the 300 year war the Forerunner kept 'samples' of the Flood to study, all of which were kept on different installations. The Halo effect didn't kill the Flood, rather their food. Refer to Halo CE for that.

Anyway. In a "Halo 4", I doubt we'd see most of the Covenant species. Elites would definitely make a appearance seeing as they basically saved Humanity, but the rest are not really needed. Flood would make an appearance, along with possibly Forerunner beings and/or their creations.

If 343 made a "Halo 4" with the same old enemies, it would just be considered old - At least to me. As much as it's been fun killing the same enemies for the last 10 years, something new is needed - Which is obvious. Just look at Reach; The campaign is dull, and boring.

They did introduce the Skimrish race. But, they look like Jackles. Your probably right.
If you think about it logically, Forerunners. The game series has always been there to tell the "main" story of Halo; humanity's fight against the Covenant. Then we have other forms of media to expand the universe; the bits of information that are nice, but not necessary, to know.

Well, humanity has wiped out the Covenant. I hope 343 Industries knows that bringing the Covenant back would be a stupid, pointless move. So now the "main point" of the series is over, and nothing's left to tell in the video games... Unless you've accessed the secondary media.

What seems to have played a rather large role in human/Covenant war? The Forerunners. What interfered in said war? The Flood (and the Forerunners indirectly). In plain words, there is something much larger going on here; a bigger point to the series than humans killing aliens.

The Forerunner books are coming, and Terminals in Halo 3 point to huge Forerunner involvement... I'm not saying Forerunners will be main enemies. However, it's clear to me, throughout this series, that they will now start to play a larger role. After all, what else is left to explore in the universe? And why else would 343 be fleshing out the Forerunners?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Will I find the answers I see in Halo: Cyrptom? I think the flood was a biological weapon from a different galaxy. :)
Personally, the Flood was the outcome of another galaxy's sentient life's attempt to become immortal.

Scientifically speaking, there are 2 ways to be immortal. Either converting one's being into pure energy or by being genetically altered so that memory is stored liked instincts literally within the genetic coding and the genetic code has no cellular death time.

Meaning, the Flood is what happens when life is not allowed to die in its attempt to evolve and grow. Gravemind represents the staleness and inability to grow, to evolve. He is the collection of what was and is, not what can be.
Quote:
If you think about it logically, Forerunners. The game series has always been there to tell the "main" story of Halo; humanity's fight against the Covenant. Then we have other forms of media to expand the universe; the bits of information that are nice, but not necessary, to know.

Well, humanity has wiped out the Covenant. I hope 343 Industries knows that bringing the Covenant back would be a stupid, pointless move. So now the "main point" of the series is over, and nothing's left to tell in the video games... Unless you've accessed the secondary media.

What seems to have played a rather large role in human/Covenant war? The Forerunners. What interfered in said war? The Flood (and the Forerunners indirectly). In plain words, there is something much larger going on here; a bigger point to the series than humans killing aliens.

The Forerunner books are coming, and Terminals in Halo 3 point to huge Forerunner involvement... I'm not saying Forerunners will be main enemies. However, it's clear to me, throughout this series, that they will now start to play a larger role. After all, what else is left to explore in the universe? And why else would 343 be fleshing out the Forerunners?
I've read Frankie say that one of the key elements which he thinks is important for a story, is mystery. There isn't really much mystery left with the Covenant. The Forerunners on the other hand are full of secrets.
"Well, humanity has wiped out the Covenant."

um, the Covenant wiped out humanity. The Sangheili are exterminating the Brutes and Prophets post Ark, not humanity.
Quote:
Personally, the Flood was the outcome of another galaxy's sentient life's attempt to become immortal.

Scientifically speaking, there are 2 ways to be immortal. Either converting one's being into pure energy or by being genetically altered so that memory is stored liked instincts literally within the genetic coding and the genetic code has no cellular death time.

Meaning, the Flood is what happens when life is not allowed to die in its attempt to evolve and grow. Gravemind represents the staleness and inability to grow, to evolve. He is the collection of what was and is, not what can be.
I believed this to be true until I read Cryptum.
Some ticked off Brutes and Jackals that may or may not be led by The Prophet of Truth, 5 other Halos with Flood, Forerunners, and if he has some bad luck, the Gravemind or a Precursor. Don't forget about the Spirit of Fire, as they may have met up with Chief. I just hope 343 does a good job with Halo 4, and doesn't make it cheesy. Let us not forget about Onyx either.

As a guy posted above, Halo needs mystery, so expect some Precursors, as we know little to nothing about them. We know everything about the Forerunners thanks to Halo 3 and Cryptum.
Quote:
Quote:

I believed this to be true until I read Cryptum.
After a quick read, I can hypothesis that Atlantis may have been the human capital of then Earth and it was, shall we say, confiscated or destroyed due to apparent hostilities. Not sure what to think about the whole situation yet.

Keep the lore coming.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3