Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Tales from a Halo Noob: Halo CE

OP Postmasta

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello fellow Spartans and ODST troops! I am very new to the whole Halo series and I kind of like to share my experiences so far. I just finished playing the campaign for Halo Combat Evolved. I have to say I completely regret not getting into this series back in the day. Halo CE was challenging, fun, immersive, and overall a great game. I completely understand and personally validate the old school Bungie and Halo hype. I was personally so into the whole story but I will say the Flood freaked me out and stressed me out alot! Some of my favorite moments from CE were shooting down Banshees and unloading my assault rifle on hordes of those Covenant -Yoinks!-! haha. I just started Halo 2 and I'm already even more pumped for this game what with battle rifles and dual wield. I am so very late to this franchise and some say what past it's prime but I'm happy I got to it eventually.

~ Recruit: Spartan Postmasta signing off.
Have fun. Halo 2 and Halo 3 are awesome!
I wish I could go back to the early 2000's and experience it all again.

Glad you're enjoying it so far Postmasta. Are you playing on MCC, PC or the OG Xbox versions?
I wish I could go back to the early 2000's and experience it all again.

Glad you're enjoying it so far Postmasta. Are you playing on MCC, PC or the OG Xbox versions?
Hey Spartan, thanks for the positive feedback. I am currently playing it all on MCC. I am on Halo 2 now. I was going to do:

Halo CE
Halo 2
ODST
Halo 3
Halo 4
and Halo 5 ( not on MCC obviously)

Loving the series so much so far.
dryrain23 wrote:
Hey Spartan, I am kind of in love with Halo 2 right now, I mean I just started it but man this game is awesome ( on MCC)
Postmasta wrote:
dryrain23 wrote:
Hey Spartan, I am kind of in love with Halo 2 right now, I mean I just started it but man this game is awesome ( on MCC)
Halo 2 has a GREAT campaign and with those new Blur cutscenes it almost looks like a movie. Those 2 and ODST are the games I always go back to.
dryrain23 wrote:
Postmasta wrote:
dryrain23 wrote:
Halo 2 has a GREAT campaign and with those new Blur cutscenes it almost looks like a movie. Those 2 and ODST are the games I always go back to.
I'm kind of excited for ODST, especially after I saw that old trailer, lol.
Never too late to start.

Hell, I had an 11 year hiatus due to becoming a father in the Halo 2 days, so that took over... but here I am, loving the franchise even more than back in the day.

My best memory was the midnight launch of Halo 2, small group, but great gathering of fans.

Enjoy the campaigns, and soak up that Halo goodness.
Postmasta wrote:
Hello fellow Spartans and ODST troops! I am very new to the whole Halo series and I kind of like to share my experiences so far. I just finished playing the campaign for Halo Combat Evolved. I have to say I completely regret not getting into this series back in the day. Halo CE was challenging, fun, immersive, and overall a great game. I completely understand and personally validate the old school Bungie and Halo hype. I was personally so into the whole story but I will say the Flood freaked me out and stressed me out alot! Some of my favorite moments from CE were shooting down Banshees and unloading my assault rifle on hordes of those Covenant -Yoinks!-! haha. I just started Halo 2 and I'm already even more pumped for this game what with battle rifles and dual wield. I am so very late to this franchise and some say what past it's prime but I'm happy I got to it eventually.

Great! welcome to the Halo community, always happy to see new players, glad you enjoyed it, i wish i could go back in time and experience CE again for the first time
i remember going to toys-r-us and buying an xbox.
i picked out Star Wars Obi Wan and Halo CE in December of 2001. i do not regret either of those purchases hahaha

glad to see people still picking up this game and getting involved with the story and games. if you really get into the lore of Halo, you must begin reading the books, all are must reads.

have fun!
Awesome! Halo CE (classic) is one of the best looking Halos, the only one that tops in is Halo 3. Some of those skyboxes are gonna blow you away
Ospiri wrote:
Never too late to start.

Hell, I had an 11 year hiatus due to becoming a father in the Halo 2 days, so that took over... but here I am, loving the franchise even more than back in the day.

My best memory was the midnight launch of Halo 2, small group, but great gathering of fans.

I just finished Metropolis mission on H2, that level was so -Yoink- fun I can't even imagine how cool it must have been back in the ole days.
xsv wrote:
Postmasta wrote:

Great! welcome to the Halo community, always happy to see new players, glad you enjoyed it, i wish i could go back in time and experience CE again for the first time
Thanks for kind words Spartan! I am happy I made it to this community and franchise!
i picked out Star Wars Obi Wan and Halo CE in December of 2001. i do not regret either of those purchases hahaha

glad to see people still picking up this game and getting involved with the story and games. if you really get into the lore of Halo, you must begin reading the books, all are must reads.

have fun!
I was thinking of reading Fall of Reach to start out with the Lore, I'm just not sure if I should read it right away or wait a bit till I finish some of the games.
Awesome! Halo CE (classic) is one of the best looking Halos, the only one that tops in is Halo 3. Some of those skyboxes are gonna blow you away
I am so looking forward to that. It'll be a interesting experience to go through all the games and lore this spring/summer all at once.
Postmasta wrote:

have fun!
I was thinking of reading Fall of Reach to start out with the Lore, I'm just not sure if I should read it right away or wait a bit till I finish some of the games.
iirc "fall of reach" is actually Halo CE with a lot more detail of what is going on.
if anything, reading the books before hand is always a good start, then playing the game just puts you in their "boots" hahaha
Postmasta wrote:

have fun!
iirc "fall of reach" is actually Halo CE with a lot more detail of what is going on.
if anything, reading the books before hand is always a good start, then playing the game just puts you in their "boots" hahaha
You're thinking of 'Halo: The Flood'. That one goes into more detail about the events of Halo CE.

'Halo: The Fall of Reach' is set entirely before Halo CE and details the Spartan II training, the destruction of Reach referred to in the Halo CE manual and ends with the beginning of Halo CE.
Postmasta wrote:

have fun!
You're thinking of 'Halo: The Flood'. That one goes into more detail about the events of Halo CE.

'Halo: The Fall of Reach' is set entirely before Halo CE and details the Spartan II training, the destruction of Reach referred to in the Halo CE manual and ends with the beginning of Halo CE.
ah, thank you!

i believe 'fall of Reach' is where Blue team had the mission to kidnap/assassinate a Prophet?
Postmasta wrote:
Ospiri wrote:
Never too late to start.

I just finished Metropolis mission on H2, that level was so -Yoink- fun I can't even imagine how cool it must have been back in the ole days.
You won't be saying that about H2 on Legendary, lol.
Postmasta wrote:

have fun!

ah, thank you!

i believe 'fall of Reach' is where Blue team had the mission to kidnap/assassinate a Prophet?
No problem!

And yes, you are correct. That was their original mission, which was made irrelevant once the Covenant began their attack on Reach.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2