I'd like to know what the elites, jackals, brutes, grunts, drones, engineers, skirmishers, and hunters do in the covenant and what is their true role in the military. This might be a dumb question to ask, but I need to know more about them.
Grunts- Almost never hold their own command positions and are typically under the command of either Elites or Brutes. By their name they are just the typical foot soldier o nth covenant in every Halo game

Brutes- Not as smart as Elites which is typically why Elites are given more responsibility over them however the physical strength of a Brute proves very effective against humans on the battlefield. Before the events of Halo 2 many brutes were also given security positions on High Charity. During Halo 2 the Brutes attempt to overthrow the Elites in order take over the main army of the covenant lead by their leader Tartarus.

Elites- Much smarter than a Brute, Elites are the most warfare ready. Almost all ship captains in the covenant were Elites as well as the Generals on the ground. They are used for Zealot teams in the Covenant which are highly skilled Elites that go on very important missions for the Prophets.

Jackals- Typically used to support grunts on the battlefield with their shields or used as sniper, Jackals are quite agile and move around freely. They mostly have the same responsibilities as grunts however they are more independent and do need a leader at all times.

Drones- Drones are on the smallest Covenant units which allows them to infiltrate UNSC bases and small areas that most units would not. This is why many are seen on the Crow's Nest level of Halo 3 and the Cairo Station level on Halo 2. They can easily vent in small vents which allows them to deeply penetrate UNSC lines.

Hunters- The Hunter is essentially a walking tank. Its powerful hand cannon can blow up vehicles as well as enemy barriers and front lines. They are used to protector important resources and position on the front lines. Their armor can protect them from the human ballistic guns which is why it almost always takes explosives to kill them.

Skirmishers- The only difference between its cousin the Jackal is that the Skirmisher is much more agile with the ability to run faster than humans and jump much farther. They are used more for scouting in unknown territory because they can quickly get in and out of an area.

Engineers- These mysterious creatures were created by the Forerunners and are actually essential neutral. Their only interest is new technology. They are able to take apart machinery and repair it in a matter of seconds. They are non hostile or aggressive, After the Events of Halo 3 the UNSC actually kept some and used them for themselves.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
Sgt Strix wrote:
Grunts- Almost never hold their own command positions and are typically under the command of either Elites or Brutes. By their name they are just the typical foot soldier o nth covenant in every Halo game

Brutes- Not as smart as Elites which is typically why Elites are given more responsibility over them however the physical strength of a Brute proves very effective against humans on the battlefield. Before the events of Halo 2 many brutes were also given security positions on High Charity. During Halo 2 the Brutes attempt to overthrow the Elites in order take over the main army of the covenant lead by their leader Tartarus.

Elites- Much smarter than a Brute, Elites are the most warfare ready. Almost all ship captains in the covenant were Elites as well as the Generals on the ground. They are used for Zealot teams in the Covenant which are highly skilled Elites that go on very important missions for the Prophets.

Jackals- Typically used to support grunts on the battlefield with their shields or used as sniper, Jackals are quite agile and move around freely. They mostly have the same responsibilities as grunts however they are more independent and do need a leader at all times.

Drones- Drones are on the smallest Covenant units which allows them to infiltrate UNSC bases and small areas that most units would not. This is why many are seen on the Crow's Nest level of Halo 3 and the Cairo Station level on Halo 2. They can easily vent in small vents which allows them to deeply penetrate UNSC lines.

Hunters- The Hunter is essentially a walking tank. Its powerful hand cannon can blow up vehicles as well as enemy barriers and front lines. They are used to protector important resources and position on the front lines. Their armor can protect them from the human ballistic guns which is why it almost always takes explosives to kill them.

Skirmishers- The only difference between its cousin the Jackal is that the Skirmisher is much more agile with the ability to run faster than humans and jump much farther. They are used more for scouting in unknown territory because they can quickly get in and out of an area.

Engineers- These mysterious creatures were created by the Forerunners and are actually essential neutral. Their only interest is new technology. They are able to take apart machinery and repair it in a matter of seconds. They are non hostile or aggressive, After the Events of Halo 3 the UNSC actually kept some and used them for themselves.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
Thanks for the information!
I'd like to know what the elites, jackals, brutes, grunts, drones, engineers, skirmishers, and hunters do in the covenant and what is their true role in the military. This might be a dumb question to ask, but I need to know more about them.
youtube halofollower, thats where i nerd out at, very good vids.
Halo Wikipedia is a good place for intel.
people tell me that website is fake... But I use it I don't care what others say about some website
Halo Wikipedia is a good place to look up this information because i don't want to explain `because I could go on for hours.