Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

The graphical changes of halo 2

OP esqurridiso

Does anyone know if in halo 2 vista there were other graphical changes aside of the higher resolution of the textures?
Does anyone know if in halo 2 vista there were other graphical changes aside of the higher resolution of the textures?
actually halo 2 vista was a horrible PC port
it had many bugs and many missing effects that were in the original halo 2
The plasma shots, at least for the rifle and pistol lack the white center so they appear more colorful, I bet on transparency issues too.
jjnk12345 wrote:
Well, not in my experience. In fact, the only bug I ever experienced was the elevator not spawning or not working in the Oracle. And that doesn't happen all the time, it's rare. Besides that, it works fine. It even fixes some things like Elites dual-wielind weapons (In the Xbox versions, including MCC, they couldn't).
With Project Cartographer, the only edge H2A has is graphics, because Cartographer will include Forge mode, co-op campaign up to 4 players (unlike Xbox which is only 2) and more.
Quote:
The plasma shots, at least for the rifle and pistol lack the white center so they appear more colorful, I bet on transparency issues too.
Is there anything else like this?
Is there anything else like this?
No idea.
jjnk12345 wrote:
Well, not in my experience. In fact, the only bug I ever experienced was the elevator not spawning or not working in the Oracle. And that doesn't happen all the time, it's rare. Besides that, it works fine. It even fixes some things like Elites dual-wielind weapons (In the Xbox versions, including MCC, they couldn't).
With Project Cartographer, the only edge H2A has is graphics, because Cartographer will include Forge mode, co-op campaign up to 4 players (unlike Xbox which is only 2) and more.
Ummm, elites could duel weird in Halo 2 on the original Xbox other wise if it had to be fixed in the Halo 2 vista why would bungie even add it to Halo 2? Also yes Halo 2 vista brings a lot of glitches, Halo MCC used the vista port and that's why Halo 2 is different in the MCC.
jjnk12345 wrote:
Ummm, elites could duel weird in Halo 2 on the original Xbox other wise if it had to be fixed in the Halo 2 vista why would bungie even add it to Halo 2? Also yes Halo 2 vista brings a lot of glitches, Halo MCC used the vista port and that's why Halo 2 is different in the MCC.
I haven't encountered any. Am I lucky?
jjnk12345 wrote:
For Halo 2 vista? Well I don't know all the glitches I'm sure you could find a list of them somewhere. However the ones I know are lighting issues in campaign, spawning is different in multiplayer maps compared to the original, and things on maps don't sometime spawn correctly, in multiplayer that is.
jjnk12345 wrote:
For Halo 2 vista? Well I don't know all the glitches I'm sure you could find a list of them somewhere. However the ones I know are lighting issues in campaign, spawning is different in multiplayer maps compared to the original, and things on maps don't sometime spawn correctly, in multiplayer that is.
But the servers are down unless you play using Project Cartographer. I also prefer to play Campaign rather than multiplayer.
EDIT: I think you misunderstood the Elites. I meant to say the Elite AI. In one of GeneralKidd's video he shows that the Elite AI in the Xbox's version cannot dual-wield, but in the Vista version they can. As for H2A, don't ask me.
jjnk12345 wrote:
But the servers are down unless you play using Project Cartographer. I also prefer to play Campaign rather than multiplayer.
EDIT: I think you misunderstood the Elites. I meant to say the Elite AI. In one of GeneralKidd's video he shows that the Elite AI in the Xbox's version cannot dual-wield, but in the Vista version they can. As for H2A, don't ask me.
I know what you meant. In Halo 2 for the original Xbox elites can duel weild. For example the mission great journey after you take out the wraiths and meet up with the hunters, there is an elite duel wielding needlers. I know it's an the original Xbox because I remember it. It's in the MCC version of Halo 2 that elites don't duel wield, that elite with the needlers now only has one.
jjnk12345 wrote:
I know what you meant. In Halo 2 for the original Xbox elites can duel weild. For example the mission great journey after you take out the wraiths and meet up with the hunters, there is an elite duel wielding needlers. I know it's an the original Xbox because I remember it. It's in the MCC version of Halo 2 that elites don't duel wield, that elite with the needlers now only has one.
Well, the only time I played Halo 2 on the original Xbox was sometime after the 360 was released, and that was on my friend's Xbox. Due to Playstation's popularity here on Portugal, I didn't knew a -Yoink- thing about Halo, heck, I didn't even knew it existed. If it wasn't for my friend, I wouldn't be what I'm today: A big Halo fan. I have the complete Halo 2 on PC because of Project Cartographer (Thank you).
But what about those Elites at the start of the mission The Oracle? Or those Elites on the Gondola in Quarantine Zone?
What about the 360 version?
jjnk12345 wrote:
Well, the only time I played Halo 2 on the original Xbox was sometime after the 360 was released, and that was on my friend's Xbox. Due to Playstation's popularity here on Portugal, I didn't knew a -Yoink- thing about Halo, heck, I didn't even knew it existed. If it wasn't for my friend, I wouldn't be what I'm today: A big Halo fan. I have the complete Halo 2 on PC because of Project Cartographer (Thank you).
But what about those Elites at the start of the mission The Oracle? Or those Elites on the Gondola in Quarantine Zone?
What about the 360 version?
Yes I'm sure in the oracle the elites are duel wielding. Same with the quarantine zone. The 360 version of Halo 2 I haven't played so I can't say for certain but I would assume that elites can duel wield. I hope they release Halo 2 for the Xbox one with the original backwards compatibility.
There is no Xbox 360 version of Halo 2, it's just backwards compatibility, no downloadable Halo 2 on 360 either.

No change in level design when played on 360.
There is no Xbox 360 version of Halo 2, it's just backwards compatibility, no downloadable Halo 2 on 360 either.

No change in level design when played on 360.
I'm aware of that, but there are minor changes between original and 360, like resolution.

Thank you for the info.
I'm aware of that, but there are minor changes between original and 360, like resolution.

Thank you for the info.
Ah... should be expected when playing on emulator, on 360 the sound is normal outside Cairo Station, I believe it's not the case on the Xbox...

Also, all the weird things on screen, they aren't random for me and always show up at specific moments.