Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Unlock Halo Waypoint (Xbox 360 App)

OP BoundlessHalo97

The Xbox 360 application Halo Waypoint bafflingly requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription to use. Considering the fact that it's been so many years since 343i abandoned it and the fact that certain in-game unlocks require players to access it, Halo Waypoint should be updated so that even Silver accounts can use it.

There's absolutely no justification for it being locked behind a yearly paywall, so it's time to fix this issue.
Agreed. Halo Waypoint should have never required Gold in the first place.
As a company though, 343 should focus on bringing a Halo Waypoint app to the xbox one before it does anything to the 360 app.
What content would you even need to view on that ancient app that isn't already easily accessible for free on this website or Youtube?
What content would you even need to view on that ancient app that isn't already easily accessible for free on this website or Youtube?
I think theres some armor on halo 4 or reach that can only be done there
As Axo said, there are various armor pieces throughout Halo: Reach and Halo 4 (CQB, Military Police, Raider...) that must be unlocked through the Halo Waypoint app. That's in-game content being locked away until you pay a subscription fee.
There's a Halo: Reach documentary viewable on Waypoint for Xbox 360 that I do not think is on YouTube.

I haven't watched it in over 8 years, so I can't say for certain the videos I am able to find on YouTube are from the documentary. This may be it, but it doesn't seem like a documentary, as it is a commentated play through.

I would appreciate it if someone could confirm if this is the "Documentary" or not! :)
JB Linken wrote:
There's a Halo: Reach documentary viewable on Waypoint for Xbox 360 that I do not think is on YouTube.

I haven't watched it in over 8 years, so I can't say for certain the videos I am able to find on YouTube are from the documentary. This may be it, but it doesn't seem like a documentary, as it is a commentated play through.

I would appreciate it if someone could confirm if this is the "Documentary" or not! :)
You have given me a reason to boot up the app :-) I didn’t know one could view it there. I watched a developer playthrough of Reach some time ago and found it enjoyable. But, I wanted to watch what was included in the Legendary Edition and I guess this is it! I’ll have a look later today and edit this post if it is indeed the documentary.

UPDATE: Couldn’t find it in the app, but it also looks like the Waypoint app doesn’t play videos anymore.
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:

You have given me a reason to boot up the app :-) I didn’t know one could view it there. I watched a developer playthrough of Reach some time ago and found it enjoyable. But, I wanted to watch what was included in the Legendary Edition and I guess this is it! I’ll have a look later today and edit this post if it is indeed the documentary.
Thank you! I actually have the Reach developer commentary on right now as I type this. I would appreciate your confirmation if the video in the app is the same. Thanks buddy!

Edit: So I just finished all the video parts. In the very last seconds it shows 343 Industries, which makes me think this was the video on Waypoint for Xbox 360.