Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Vid Master Achievement with Guests?

OP Tkxenophobia

I'm planning on doing some of those vid master achievements if we are short on a player can I just hook up my guest and still get the achievement for ODST and H3?

Edit: We completed Deja with two Guests It works
Yes, it shouldn't matter if you're playing with a guest or not. 4 players is 4 players. Keep in mind though, it takes a collective team effort from all 4 players to earn those achievements. None of the achievements are exactly easy.
Yes, it shouldn't matter if you're playing with a guest or not. 4 players is 4 players. Keep in mind though, it takes a collective team effort from all 4 players to earn those achievements. None of the achievements are exactly easy.
Yes this is correct. I will say that Annual and Deja Vu will be impossible with a guest because you need the 4th player playing to keep up the pace especially with Iron skull on. But, with that being said, I will say Endure can be done with one guest if you do it right and yes I know it is possible because I have done it with 3 players and a guest twice now on my main account and backup account. We just signed in a guest account, played on Lost Platoon, wedged the spare player as far as we could under the staircase, then played the game and got it. Though, this tactic does add more teamwork and cooperation since there will be more work to be done between the 3 players. An added bonus though was they never died so we didn’t lose lives because of them. Feel free to ask me any questions about it and I can lay out the entire strategy for you (p.s. if done right Lost Platoon is WAY easier than Alpha Site).

Sorry I got off on a little bit of a tangent about just Endure, but, Annual and Deja Vu will need all four players playing for sure.
yes it can be done with a guest controller
dryrain23 wrote:
Yes this is correct. I will say that Annual and Deja Vu will be impossible with a guest because you need the 4th player playing to keep up the pace especially with Iron skull on. But, with that being said, I will say Endure can be done with one guest if you do it right and yes I know it is possible because I have done it with 3 players and a guest twice now on my main account and backup account. We just signed in a guest account, played on Lost Platoon, wedged the spare player as far as we could under the staircase, then played the game and got it. Though, this tactic does add more teamwork and cooperation since there will be more work to be done between the 3 players. An added bonus though was they never died so we didn’t lose lives because of them. Feel free to ask me any questions about it and I can lay out the entire strategy for you (p.s. if done right Lost Platoon is WAY easier than Alpha Site).

Sorry I got off on a little bit of a tangent about just Endure, but, Annual and Deja Vu will need all four players playing for sure.
What's your strategy on lost platoon endure? Ride in hogs, choppers? Everyone plays alpha site so I thought that was the best map but you're saying lost platoon is? What's your strategy? :)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
dryrain23 wrote:

What's your strategy on lost platoon endure? Ride in hogs, choppers? Everyone plays alpha site so I thought that was the best map but you're saying lost platoon is? What's your strategy? :)
Yes Hogs and Choppers galore. So at least for the first couple of rounds and maybe 1.5 sets the Hog will be important and everyone will have specific roles at the start.

Role 1: Laser, whoever is the best shot needs to get the laser out at the very beginning before Wave 1, Round 1 of Set 1 starts. Whenever a Wraith gets dropped the person with the Spartan Laser needs to immediately shoot them down as soon as they get dropped. The two areas where Wraiths are dropped is the front left in front of the staircase and the back hill behind the “base”. Equip yourself with a Magnum as well and use pop and cover tactics to get headshots on grunts until....

Role 3 & 4: Warthog driver and Gunner. At the beginning of the game someone needs to be designated driver and gunner. The goal of these two is to kill as many enemies with bullets and splatters as possible. Maybe Wave 1 or 2 the enemy will drop Choppers. When they do SHOOT WITH CAUTION. You want to shoot the drivers out and NOT blow up the Choppers. Once the very first Chopper has been downed the extra player needs to hop out of the side seat and drive the Chopper. You need to start a stockpile of Choppers to save for later. Communication is key. NEVER go out in the open to get/hijack one without support from teammates. Once you have more than 2 Choppers, even the laser guy can have one. This will put everyone in vehicles with unlimited ammunition (except the laser of course). Store all extra Choppers under the staircase they will not despawn there. When we played we had about 15 ready at all times. The Warthog and Choppers need to make laps around and never go on the hill. ALWAYS call out when rounding a corner so you don’t hit your teammates and lose multiple lives and vehicles. Just be smart about it. With that being said, after the first two Sets, the Warthog will be almost useless because of certain skulls. After that, all four players will need to be in Choppers.

Role 4: Support (or guest account hidden under stairs). This person (if playing) can either shoot enemies around the base but ideally ride shotgun in the Warthog until Choppers are available for use. From then on this person will just be a Chopper driver/gunner or retrieve (with support).

Side notes. Buggers SUCK. When a swarm comes near you, drive backwards and shoot, NEVER be still. If you need to evade, let them get closer then boost under them and drive away as fast as possible to get shields/health back up. Chieftans can be a big deal but they honestly aren’t that bad. Try to call out their positions and ask for help. Shooting them is a waste of time just splatter them it is an automatic kill (even with Invincibility activated). Same for the Hunters a spaltter will do. When the laser person is also a driver, they need to get to the stairs between EVERY ROUND. Park your Chopper in the middle of the staircase not all the way up as a Wraith on the hill can shoot it from there and destroy it. Between the two Wraith spawns, the hill position is the higher prioroty kill. Make sure you have a good line of sight for the kill and branches aren’t in the way to block the laser. ALWAYS talk to your teammates. Not talking leads to deaths and mistakes. Bonus rounds are important for the extra lives so really try. A Phantom drops lots of Grunts in front of the stairs during this just use Choppers to shoot them and Splatter (splatters rack up more points needed for the minimum Bonus Round Score but are a bigger risk for getting stuck as all skulls are on for this part just use your better judgement). When the Warthog is still useable make sure you destroy it at the end of every round, usually around the time the announcer says 2 enemies remaining. This will spawn you a brand new Warthog the next round. If the one you’re currently using in a round isn’t destroyed, a new one will not spawn, but, this usually doesn’t matter too much.

Main Keys: NEVER STOP MOVING. Communication is important. Don’t stay in the rooms where you spawn, enemies will come in and you’ll have no escape and you’ll die, that simple.

This achievement is a lot of time and work but really not as hard as it seems. Good luck!
Add me I have 360
I'd help you as I do still need the the one for Halo 3 ODST surviving in Firefight, but I don't know how reliable my connection would be.

(Just for clarification; are you doing this on the 360 or the One? Or does it not even matter? Can bc ODST on the One play with people on the 360? I've never tried it.)
I'd help you as I do still need the the one for Halo 3 ODST surviving in Firefight, but I don't know how reliable my connection would be.

(Just for clarification; are you doing this on the 360 or the One? Or does it not even matter? Can bc ODST on the One play with people on the 360? I've never tried it.)
You can play with people over Xbox One & Xbox 360 interchangeably. But, with that being said, a lot of people say if you’re playing on Xbox One and try to play with someone on a 360, it will lag out. I have no way to actually back this up, but, last time I tried to help someone with Endure I was on an Xbox One and they were on an Xbox 360 and it lagged out. Once I switched to my 360 it worked all the way through 2 hours and 6 minutes. So I would say if you can, try to get both people playing on the same syatem and it should work better. Also use a wired connection when possible.