Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

We Have a Problem

OP KnightxRider78

I went to play Halo 3 yesterday and found a Doubles match with a Hacker...this bothers me a lot because 343 made these games backwards compatible so they need to fix this because its turning a lot of people away from the game and it sucks because now I can't find a snipers game.
The games were made backwards compatible by the BC team over at Xbox, not 343, but things like this are taken seriously by both teams. Make sure to file a report against anyone you see modding in a game. If you end up in a lobby with suspected modders, I would make sure and leave asap
I also have had this problem. I played about 6 hrs total of halo 3 in the past week and ran into a few people hacking or modding. I reported them trough Xbox one but it has made the game pretty toxic considering I only play ranked playlist and that's where they exist.
Haven't noticed it yet. Then again it's only a matter of time. Every game has it's own selection of hackers.
I just starting playing halo 3 again on xbox live and I find the same thing. A hacker every second game at times. Yes it does ruin the game completely. My stratagy now is to find friends online and play custom games.
And how in the world do you report people? There are so many hackers now doing whatever they please, there is now way someone is working at stopping them.
I think with this post, it's also fair to post that people with a high number of "modde" experience are more than likely not a modder. I was matched with a modder and at the end of the game, received a high number of experience. Like 120,000 experience. Just to be clear so we're not reporting non-modding regular community players who just drew the short end of the stick.
Nadesicle wrote:
I think with this post, it's also fair to post that people with a high number of "modde" experience are more than likely not a modder. I was matched with a modder and at the end of the game, received a high number of experience. Like 120,000 experience. Just to be clear so we're not reporting non-modding regular community players who just drew the short end of the stick.
The same thing happened to me. I got like 130 000 experience points at the end of a game with a hacker. My question is, how do you "report" someone? I didn't think you could report anyone on xbox live.
Gwydien wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
The same thing happened to me. I got like 130 000 experience points at the end of a game with a hacker. My question is, how do you "report" someone? I didn't think you could report anyone on xbox live.
Pull up their profile in the 360 guide, and report should be an option.
Gwydien wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
Pull up their profile in the 360 guide, and report should be an option.
Yea I found that feature shortly after posting this. I will definitely start reporting every single hacker and cheater I see. It's really bad nowa days on halo 3. It's hard to tell at times because some people do have really good aim, but it's a dead givaway that they have auto aim when there constantly shooting the cover that your behind. Or when they just make a near impossible series of shots on you from an ackward angle without missing one.
I went to play Halo 3 yesterday and found a Doubles match with a Hacker...this bothers me a lot because 343 made these games backwards compatible so they need to fix this because its turning a lot of people away from the game and it sucks because now I can't find a snipers game.
Yeah a lot of good games that are backwards compatible get ruined by hackers.They really need to fix this or a lot of people are going to stop playing Halo 3
Yeah a lot of good games that are backwards compatible get ruined by hackers.They really need to fix this or a lot of people are going to stop playing Halo 3
Happens in all the halo games I've seen it in every halo game. Cheater lag switchers modders. The number increases the older a game gets.
Not necessarily hacker or modders, but de-rankers! Man this game is 10 years old and people still find joy of ruinning in the centre of map and getting killed just so you lose your game.
Past 3 days I have all of a sudden run into a vast array of hackers in rank 50 matches. Aimbotters and no clip hacks. Really sucks. I don't expect them to get banned because they probably won't but it's a shame because it ruins the experience and now I won't be able to reach rank 50.
Thanks for the heads up for when I start playing it again