Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

what's the point

OP aka Waffle

what's the point of making Halo 3 4k when its full of cheaters. If they are doing updates to H3 they need to get rid of the cheaters more than updating it to 4k. They are wasting time and effort on a game that we can't enjoy matchmaking on I know they aren't doing anything about the cheaters either cause I reported someone the other day and matched him again the next day. Something needs to be done about these cheaters.
I'm not doubting you that you have seen cheaters but I actually have never came across any at all since it became backwards compatible. Also why would cheaters get to ruin the fun of having a Halo 3 update for other players?
I'm not doubting you that you have seen cheaters but I actually have never came across any at all since it became backwards compatible. Also why would cheaters get to ruin the fun of having a Halo 3 update for other players?
I run into a cheater 5 times out of 10 to the point i stopped playing H3. Also a lot of people left cause of all the cheaters. So how does it make sense to update a game that is littered with modder's and aim bots every where? Seems like a waste of resources in my opinion when they could be getting rid of all the cheaters.
aka Waffle wrote:
I run into a cheater 5 times out of 10 to the point i stopped playing H3. Also a lot of people left cause of all the cheaters. So how does it make sense to update a game that is littered with modder's and aim bots every where? Seems like a waste of resources in my opinion when they could be getting rid of all the cheaters.
How do you suppose they get rid of the cheaters?! 343 can't do anything about it. Literally they can't. The only thing we can do is report them, plus even as you stated they can change their name tag anytime they want. So how do you suppose they get rid of the cheaters?
Idk I'm not a game designer. But back in the day we didn't have to deal with this much cheaters I was actually able to get my 50. So I don't see why they couldn't at least get it to the point it was at before with a update like the 4k update.
What's your definition of "cheaters". The only two games that have had real problems with cheaters were Halo 2 and Halo 4. Halo 2 was infested with modders which forced Bungie to reset ranks several times but didn't really do anything and Halo 4 had an issue with cheaters loading up headless Spartans in SWAT so it was very difficult to kill them.

If aim bots is your only reasoning, I think your wrong. Aim bots don't make that much of a different. You might be confusing aim bots with something called "Auto Centering". It's an option in the controller settings for Halo 3. Makes skilled players look better because they can pull off no scopes much, much easier. Next time you load up Halo 3, go look at your controller setting options and try it for yourself. It's really dumb but if you can get used to playing with it, it'll make other players rage hardcore
There are TONS of cheaters on halo 3 BC, how often do you play
What's your definition of "cheaters". The only two games that have had real problems with cheaters were Halo 2 and Halo 4. Halo 2 was infested with modders which forced Bungie to reset ranks several times but didn't really do anything and Halo 4 had an issue with cheaters loading up headless Spartans in SWAT so it was very difficult to kill them.

If aim bots is your only reasoning, I think your wrong. Aim bots don't make that much of a different. You might be confusing aim bots with something called "Auto Centering". It's an option in the controller settings for Halo 3. Makes skilled players look better because they can pull off no scopes much, much easier. Next time you load up Halo 3, go look at your controller setting options and try it for yourself. It's really dumb but if you can get used to playing with it, it'll make other players rage hardcore
nah Im talking about people flying 50 feet up in the air and starts doing 1080 no scopes and travels 80mph across the map I've even seen one with a sniper that shot like a auto rifle
aka Waffle wrote:

nah Im talking about people flying 50 feet up in the air and starts doing 1080 no scopes and travels 80mph across the map I've even seen one with a sniper that shot like a auto rifle
In Halo 3?! Really?!?!
aka Waffle wrote:

In Halo 3?! Really?!?!
yep.
I've mainly encounters cheaters in high level ranked. Very few I've matched with in social but it definitely is a massive pain. These people are toxic.
aka Waffle wrote:
aka Waffle wrote:

In Halo 3?! Really?!?!
yep.
That's nuts. I've never seen that in Halo 3 before. That sounds like Halo 2