1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
My first Halo game was ODST.
As a child, I didn't understand anything about the plot... still my favourite though.
Back in around September of 2009, I was visiting a friend named Austin who I unfortunately no longer have a means of easily hanging out with. At the time, the only gaming machines I had access to was my PlayStation 2 and a very outdated family PC. As a result of this, playing through the Campaign/Firefight of Halo 3: ODST and messing around in Custom Games and Forge on Halo 3 at Austin's was my introduction.

I quickly grew to love the series as we'd frequently play the games. And while I eventually did pick up an Xbox 360 of my own, those first few years will always hold the most value in my heart. I'm thankfully still able to visit friends to play locally with them, but the older I get the less magic the multiplayer portions of these games have.

I'm currently a mostly singleplayer guy.
My first was CE
The first Halo I played was Halo: CE on the original Xbox with the old Duke controllers. I used to play co-op all the time with friends and explore ever corner of every map. The first Halo game I actually bought myself was Halo: Reach. I was late into buying my own Xbox but I was thankfully able to play every single Halo at my friends place.
My first Halo was Halo 3 when i was 12. Went over to my brothers place and fell in love at first sight. I think we must have spent at least 4 hours in Forge on Valhalla, good times.
halo ce as a 7 year old that was my life
I'm just curious of everyone's experience of playing Halo for the first time. I started to play Halo around December '07. I was blown away from the Campaign. During mid '08, I bought Xbox Live and it took my Halo experience even further. BTW this is the first time I posted a forum
Aparently im becoming a grizzled veteran...I was 16...and mine as Halo 2 local multiplayer on original Xbox. I couldn't afford an Xbox with my first job. So my first REAL halo experience was with Halo PC. I had a decent computer for school that could run it pretty well and that ended up being what led me to switch from mainly a Nintendo guy (Gamecube and SSBM were life) to an Xbox and PC guy. Now as an adult I own a Switch and a PS4 but I always find myself reaching for the Xbox One controller....grown up for real! LOL!!
Halo CE forever. My brother bought a used original Xbox and a copy of Halo 1. It was my gateway into modern gaming.
Halo 2, OG Xbox
Halo:CE was my first. I remember the date for some reason. 7th March 2004. Was only 8 then haha. The Flood and coming in contact with unexpected elites in CQC used to scare the crap out of me lol. And I was terrible even on easy back then, took me ages to finish the campaign.

However my first time online wasn't until March 2009, Halo 3.

My favourite would probably have to be Reach (don't kill me please). Most played is likely to be Halo 3 though, by a slim margin over Reach.

Least favourite campaign would have to be Halo 5; least favourite multiplayer, Halo 4.

Glory days for me would have to be between the summer of 2009 and summer 2011. Playing campaign and multiplayer with my buddy Josh in Halo 3, ODST and Reach. Good times. Sadly we drifted apart after that. And so, amongst other reasons, its never really been the same experience since.

These days when I play, I mostly play MCC solo. Occasionally Reach too. Sadly Halo 5 hasn't appealed to me in ages.
Halo 2 on Vista for me
halo ce was my first halo game
Easy! My first game was Halo CE back in 2004! Alittle before Halo 2 dropped.
My first Halo was the magnificent Halo CE. After that I saw each sequel as the adventures of Master Chief rather than any continuation of the first game. Halo2 wasn't even part of any plan originally so it's always going to be somewhat unclear if that's actually how things were even supposed to continue for the franchise. As it is we got Halo2 which is both brilliant and not so in lots of ways. It was from that point I saw the first game as something seperate which meant I still enjoyed very much the sequels. I like them all really other than Halo5's campaign but nothing measures up to how staggeringly good Halo1 felt as a game and an experience. Halo1 was a massive deal when it arrived in the same way Goldeneye commands still such a love from fans
Halo CE, probably around 2002. My cousin had a friend that brought an Xbox over and we played slayer for hours. My cousin and I both got Xboxes and Halo that Christmas.
Halo: Combat Evolved on the OG Xbox was my first Halo game. Started playing when I was around 6 years old, I think! Unfortunately I never got serious until 2015 when the Xbox kicked the bucket and my sister and I were able to get a 360 and get our hands on the other Halo games (which means I was late to everything cool in the fandom c': )
First played the Halo CE demo on PC, but I don't think that counts. I started at Halo CE on the Xbox.
Halo CE for the PC in 2007. I thought it was the coolest game ever.
Combat Evolved, 2002.
mine was ODST but Reach is my favorite
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5