Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Where were you 9/25/2007?

OP Captain Cromy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
My butt was at my second Halo launch party. This time I was at Best Buy in Tampa Florida #7 in line (my buddies #6, 8, 9, 10) and we had an absolute blast!

We were given this blow up Halo 3 chair that I ended up selling on ebay for $100 a few days later. The first 25 got this chair which I have never seen one since. Did any of you get that chair?

Anyway a mobile food vendor showed up and people were eating, laughing, talking about Halo and Xbox, and just having the absolute best time. We got there around 7:00pm and this fun lasted until 12:00am when the game went on sale.

I've been to several midnight game openings and that was the absolute best one ever.

Oh and the line was easily 200 people deep. The line went into the parking lot and wrapped back and forth three times (snake shape).

Then the night of the 25th (exactly 10 years ago) we had the last great LAN party among all the guys we went to college with back in the Halo 1 dorm floor tournaments of 2002. We all met at a buddies who had the largest house, dragged our TV's over, and played 8v8 for 12 hours straight into the 26th. Probably 50 people turned up throughout the 12 hour block rotating in and out of who was playing. The next morning there had to have been 30 pizza boxes, 200 hot wing bones in a giant box, and 100+ beer bottles scattered all over the place.

It was glorious!

...and you?!

Where were you September 24/25 2007?
Don't remember at all where I was or what I was doing since I was 7. However I do remember getting it that year I think and playing it on my uncles 360, pretty good memories!
In line, getting my copy of Halo 3 at the Game stop on West Flamingo Rd in Las Vegas, NV. Then I passed out at home, because I had to go to work the next morning. I still work at the same Company :)
I remember jumping right into the campaign for a little bit. Forge was something that i spent most of my time on.
I was 14 years old, trying to figure out how to sneak out of my house to grab a copy from 7/11 at the midnight release. Instead, my pops picked one up and surprised me with it right after school the next day. I was soo desperate to play halo lol.
I don't know, probably at kindergarten. I was 6 at the time.
I was thinking about buying my first xbox and getting halo 3 and think I was working in St Albans.
I was 7 at that time. I started to play Halo early '08
I was probably playing with my Legos. Didnt know Halo at this time. Thats sad haha.
School probably.
At that time I didn't knew ANYTHING about Halo nor it's existence. Where was I in that day?
Minding my business doing whatever my 6 year-old self was doing.
Spoiler:
Show
I was still playing Halo 2 and didn't get a 360 till 2012, I missed out on the Golden days
I do not remember. I was just living my life
I was 14 and desperate to get Halo 3, but, no job (can’t work at 14), no money, strict parent, bad combo. So I went to school the next day and of course it felt like everyone got Halo 3 but me, so I was asking my buddy about it and he was telling me how great it was and I asked him something crazy, if I could borrow his Halo 3 the day after release. To my surprise he said, “sure but only for ONE day.” So I don’t tell my brother who was also dying to play it and we get in his car to go home from school and I tell him “I think we’re gonna have some fun today when we get home.” He has no clue gives me a weird face and says “why?” and I pull Halo 3 slowly out of my backpack and he freaks out. We went home and played it all night and it was just as good as I imagined it would be. Ended up borrowing it again before finally getting it on Christmas that year. Good times. Still my favorite game I’ve ever played. I still thank my friend to this day 10 years later for letting me borrow it. Long live Halo 3!
I had classes in the morning. Junior year of college. I ordered the special edition ... "Heroic Edition", was it called? Not the one with the helmet (I didn't have that kind of money), but I rented it from Blockbuster on launch day after class since my order wouldn't be there until a few days later. I couldn't wait that long.

Played though Halo CE and Halo 2 campaigns the day before, of course. A tradition I still do before the release of Halo games. Now it takes a few days to plow through them.
On the floor, with a can of "game fuel" in hand.

And now it has come to this. The total destruction of subtlety was not enough. An epic now lies, extremely (but not irreparably) damaged, in heretical hands.

-Blam!-, I remember when constitution held more merit than this abhorrent, self-indulgent, transparent (to an extent that makes me doubtful they know what "shame" is) lust that must/will see its end, all debts paid, in time. Give them your money again and again, go ahead. It won't matter. Garbage will remain garbage. I just feel it unfortunate that the garbage had to inexorably be tied to what I appreciated greatly since 2001...and aye, you do have a habit of turning on your makers (YKWYA, shill. Do you know how much pain was felt upon hearing so much of a to-be literary influence was not Joe or Luke's product but rather that of the same person who would repeat it, far dumbed down, in the form of video 'terminals'? I know not the appropriate words to express my feelings after that betrayal. After so many betrayals these people have had the audacity to commit in good, old Microsoft fashion. Thank god the pathetic "Halo Channel" and MCC barely works so players might be inclined to go back to the game after the achievement pops up instead of readi- watching your stupid and unnecessary nonsense. Make no mistake, a storm is coming. The 'Offensive' equal, when it comes to exist, I'm certain will be nothing but a labour of love by a number of us. Wouldn't surprise me either if MS throws a tantrum and does what Nintendo did to the guy faithfully recreating Twilight Princess when it does come to pass.)

I express these feelings here because if I were to create a thread titled "an open letter to 343i" or something akin to that, it'd almost certainly be locked, as they are above reproach when it comes to criticism. What hypocrites. They can ruin things as they see fit. They can't take away my memories.

A heartfelt thanks to everyone who bent over after (the now equally useless) Bungie's detachment from Microsoft and for whatever reason straight into bed with the devil.
To raise a sadly now near-perfect mirror:

Quote:
Your history is an appalling chronicle of overindulgence and self-appointed authority. You have spent [several years filling in non-existent holes with missteps and shoddy fanfiction] while the universe has continued to evolve. And now you claim the Mantle is justification for impeding nature's inevitable refinement?

You are deluded. But through
[warranted, inevitable] death you will transcend ignorance
I had classes in the morning. Junior year of college. I ordered the special edition ... "Heroic Edition", was it called? Not the one with the helmet (I didn't have that kind of money), but I rented it from Blockbuster on launch day after class since my order wouldn't be there until a few days later. I couldn't wait that long.

Played though Halo CE and Halo 2 campaigns the day before, of course. A tradition I still do before the release of Halo games. Now it takes a few days to plow through them.
My buddy and I still do the same thing. Play through the campaigns in order, and then the second we get home with the new title, we beat it on legendary together. Funny how you said it takes a few days. I remember when it took you one evening to complete the "series".
In 2007 I was way too young to be playing Halo, and was mainly into Lego and Star Wars at the time. I am glad I didn't play M games too young, but I am sad I missed out on the "golden age of Halo" and wasn't able to get cool stuff like the flaming reach helmet or the nameplates.
I was #1 in line at my local Gamestop. Over 500 people were in line around 1130 and we were all nervous because we had severe thunderstorms in the area and it was unseasonably cool too. Chipotle was really generous and brought over free burritos for the first 100 people in line then tacos for everyone else. It was an incredible night! Everyone was excited and buzzing about Halo
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2