Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Where were you 9/25/2007?

OP Captain Cromy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Probably playing lego star wars or something. Ahh, those were the days. Why can't video games be good like they used to :(
Don't remember at all where I was or what I was doing since I was 7. However I do remember getting it that year I think and playing it on my uncles 360, pretty good memories!
I'm this guy
I got Halo 3 from my local supermarket here in the UK on launch day. Played through the entire campaign on Legendary and loved every second of it. Unfortunately I didn't get to play matchmaking until a few days afterwards as my internet was down but the campaign was a blast. Played the MM for years, got all the Achievements and felt like I 'completed' Halo 3 when I got Recon.

Now I need to go back and get a 50 or two to feel satisfied. I'm a low level 40 scrub.
Sad because i was a 6 year old stuck playing CE and halo 2, the same games i played for most of my life, on the original xbox getting my butt kicked vs my brother on splitscreen slayer whilst all my friends had a 360 :( didnt actually get the 360 until 2010, meaning I missed the glory days of halo 3 :( but I was there for reach.
fizzy14 wrote:
Sad because i was a 6 year old stuck playing CE and halo 2, the same games i played for most of my life, on the original xbox getting my butt kicked vs my brother on splitscreen slayer whilst all my friends had a 360 :( didnt actually get the 360 until 2010, meaning I missed the glory days of halo 3 :( but I was there for reach.
Well I missed both Halo 3 and Reach. I only joined the community in 2013. Feels bad, man.
-Yoink- yeah my dude!
I was probably playing Halo.
I don't think I had an Xbox 360 at that time.
I remember playing H3 at a friends house co-opping it to the Ark mission before I had to go home, wishing I had a privileged life where my mum would get me anything I wanted too.
Nooga wrote:
Playing Halo 2 or Halo 3?
Nooga wrote:
Either CE or 2. I did a lot of LAN up until '08 or so.
Nooga wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Either CE or 2. I did a lot of LAN up until '08 or so.
Good man! That's the way to do it. I still LAN a few times a month with friends
I didn't have an Xbox at that time so I was just bored out of my mind
In my bedroom. Making no noise and pretending I don't exist.
In my bedroom. Making no noise and pretending I don't exist.
This got dark real fast.
I was a kid who was sheltered from most of the world. The only console I had heard of was the Wii, and owning one was far from reality. The only video games I played were the games on Lego.com, and back then, some of the games were actually really good for a free game with probably a one or two month development cycle. I would have never guessed that six years later, I would be first introduced to the best video game franchise on the planet.
Uuhh the playground? I don't know I was 4!
Uuhh the playground? I don't know I was 4!
It really is amazing how these games appeal to so many ages. I was 39 and had a great time playing halo 3. It is still my favorite.
Dunno but I was a kid and probably at school
With how young the current playerbase is, I'm surprised the visual aesthetic 343i has employed is more along the lines of mighty morphing power armor space rangers instead of something that'd resonate more with the younger audience as that predated Halo's time, period.

https://i.imgur.com/5lNvNjZ.png (inb4 "but that's with the beta models" because I have plenty from the final game in 4K now)

I'd think they'd be less cartoon stylised in favor of this sort of half-realistic slightly cel shaded trend.

Then again, H4 doesn't have this 'full-plastic' appearance and Guardians was written by a comic writer.

So perhaps it's appropriate for Guardians.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3