Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Why Black Undersuits Matter

OP Great spartan87

Halo 3, Reach had tons of recognizable armor that you immediately recognize what another player is wearing. They implemented this perfectly by adding a little feature called BLACK -Yoinking!- ARMORSUITS!
Heres why we need them back.

• More Pleasing To The Eye
The only reason why no one can recognize what another player is wearing apart from the helmet is because of the colored undersuits that make them look more like power rangers than actual Spartans.
Thats Why we need black undersuits. To make it easier for the human mind and eye to process.

• Compliments The Original Art Style
Ever since Halo Wars 2, you guys have been reverting back to the Halo 3 art style. Can you imagine Halo 3 Master Chief with the green under armor? I can’t either. Black undersuits are part of the classic art style that you guys are coming back to.

That’s all I have to say. If you have any additional points, then reply to this post.
The only reason why no one can recognize what another player is wearing apart from the helmet is because of the colored undersuits that make them look more like power rangers than actual Spartans.
Thats Why we need black undersuits. To make it easier for the human mind and eye to process.
Let's not forget that recognizing what another player is wearing often happens outside of gameplay, specifically when looking at other players in the menus. When you see other players in the post-game carnage report, for example, (or, if it exists, the pre-game lobby), you'll see their personal armor colors (not team colors) and their stances.

This is why we should have the option to color the entire undersuit, rather than it being forced to always be black. A completely black undersuit would take away the control players have over the color of their Spartan, which is not a good thing. With the entire undersuit being customizable, players could color it black themselves if they want their armor to stand out during matches, without having to force other players to always wear black.

So what should happen is this: First of all, remove the un-changeable white paint, or let it be colored with a tertiary color. Again, players should have full control over their colors. Secondly, players should be able to change the color of their entire undersuit, without having all or part of it forced to be black. And most importantly, there should be plenty of options for players to view other players outside of matches, such as in a pre-game lobby. Because what's the point of unlocking stances if nobody else will see them? We shouldn't be thinking about recognizing other players' Spartans during matches, as much as we should be thinking about recognizing other players' Spartans in the menus.
Compliments The Original Art Style
Complement, not compliment
Ever since Halo Wars 2, you guys have been reverting back to the Halo 3 art style. Can you imagine Halo 3 Master Chief with the green under armor? I can’t either. Black undersuits are part of the classic art style that you guys are coming back to.
If players want to color their Spartan in a way that clashes with the art style of the game, they should be allowed to. If somebody wants to dress up like Master Chief with a silly green undersuit, there's no benefit to taking away their freedom to do so.
I'd also say 343 needs to go the Reach route of customzation, where you have the default armor, and put bits and pieces on it that looked visually distinct, instead of blobish.
Black undersuits certainly help with letting us see Spartan armor more effectively, in addition to the non-team colored bits and pieces. Not sure how much I want to see rainbow Seeker Spartans running around, but I just want the black undersuits back.
*Tacks Sugar out of mouth*

Basically everything Halo 3 did looked awesome.

*Puts Sugar back in mouth*
*Tacks Sugar out of mouth*

Basically everything Halo 3 did looked awesome.

*Puts Sugar back in mouth*
I second this