Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Why everyone should stop hyping Halo 6.

OP Herecy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
All I've heard for months are people talking about Halo 6. I'm getting tired of it Halo Wars 2 came out 3 months ago, and people are neglecting that game's existence (even though its the best Halo we've received since Reach in 2010...) Everyone is looking to the future, I say we appreciate the games we have now, and stop hyping a game that will be coming out in about 2 years. 343 have even stated that there will not be any Halo 6 at E3... However, they did not count out a certain Halo title that sold the Xbox 360 on its own.

I wonder what game that is...

I would really keep an eye on this though because if it happens then - by god I'm pre-ordering that within a second. Halo 6 though is a different story though as its STILL IN PRODUCTION.
Herecy wrote:
All I've heard for months are people talking about Halo 6. I'm getting tired of it Halo Wars 2 came out 3 months ago, and people are neglecting that game's existence (even though its the best Halo we've received since Reach in 2010...) Everyone is looking to the future, I say we appreciate the games we have now, and stop hyping a game that will be coming out in about 2 years. 343 have even stated that there will not be any Halo 6 at E3... However, they did not count out a certain Halo title that sold the Xbox 360 on its own.

I wonder what game that is...

I would really keep an eye on this though because if it happens then - by god I'm pre-ordering that within a second. Halo 6 though is a different story though as its STILL IN PRODUCTION.
  • You mean other than Phil Spencer saying it twice its not happening? [1.] [2.]
  • Or Grim saying it? [1.]
  • Or Frankie saying it? [1.]
  • Or Sketch saying it twice? [1.] [2.]
I'm not hyping up for Halo 6. I'm just excited that the SOF will be brought back into the current universe, along with the introduction of a Halo ring and the Banished. All of which will probably play a role in Halo 6.
If you're referring to Halo 3 Anniversary, then I really doubt it.

I really like Halo Wars 2 and it's a very solid game. It is a bit of a shame that its coverage is consistently shadowed by the HCS, but that kind of just is what it is. People that don't play HW2 (I don't understand why you wouldn't, of course) are looking for the next Halo installment though because of the lack of content updates for Halo 5, which IMO is a good thing (the lack of updates, not the hype for the next numbered Halo game).
Halo 6 is an unreleased mainline game which has been regularly hinted at by developers. I feel like on this website in particular, speculation is allowed (since it will be after all Halo fans here). But I do agree that games are often over hyped and that that should be something everyone considers, especially when talking about rumors like Halo 3: Anniversary for Example.

Vegeto30294, can I copy your post for whenever someone mentions Halo 3 Anniversary? It's Brilliant!!
https://i.imgflip.com/1pc0pa.jpg.
its not happening man, just give it up
Honestly I haven't heard anyone hyping Halo 6 whatsoever, not even friends. Probably first Halo title where most gamers that I know don't know about if there excited. I guess what happened with H4,5 has hurt the franchise but I guess the hype will only exist if 343i showcase something amazing at E3.
The reason people are hyping Halo 6, and not talking about HW2 is because a good most of players don't care much for Halo Wars. I mean, I would like to play Halo Wars and run through it, but it's just not my sorta game. I much like Halo the FPS, not Halo the RTS. And the latest Halo FPS is growing stale IMO. If people are like me, they're going to jump to the next available Halo FPS title and talk about it and hype it up. Which, at the moment, will likely be Halo 6.

(and sorry to burst your bubble but, Halo 3 Anniversary is very likely not to happen :( )
I seen people trying to talk about what Halo 6 would be like or what it should have, but I don't see much of a hype for the game. I'm pretty "meh" about it cause I been disappointed with how the recent Halo installments have been ever since Halo 4. I just hope that Halo 6 gets better and since 343i stated there will be nothing about Halo 6 for E3 2017, then that makes me feel a little better knowing that the company might be working on the game some more instead of having it rushed. As for Halo Wars 2; not many Halo fans enjoyed the first game because it revolved around a different gameplay. Some people just didn't like the RTS aspect and rather have Halo stick to FPS. For me, I loved Halo Wars and would love to try out Halo Wars 2, but personally it's a side thing and it doesn't help that the game builds the story up to what's going to happen in Halo 6.

Now if you are referring to Halo 3 Anniversary, then it's not happening. If you are going to use the logic that the company stated no Halo 6 at E3 this year, then that logic should still apply to the other people who work at 343i stating that H3A is not going to be a thing (which has been said for a long time, a few months before they said that there will be nothing for Halo 6). To be completely honest, Halo 3 was on Xbox 360 and now brought to Xbox One through MCC with better frame rate and what-not (which I guess counts as a remaster since the visuals are up-to-date). Ask yourself; do you really want a third Halo 3 game released so early and close to when Halo 3 came out on Xbox One?
That's how it was back in the day with the original trilogy, everyone was pumped and loved what we had. Now it's always wanting more and more and more. It's quite sad actually. It's a new generation of players, and I'm not downing them, but they have a different outlook on games and what they should deserve. It's never enough.
I seen people trying to talk about what Halo 6 would be like or what it should have, but I don't see much of a hype for the game. I'm pretty "meh" about it cause I been disappointed with how the recent Halo installments have been ever since Halo 4. I just hope that Halo 6 gets better and since 343i stated there will be nothing about Halo 6 for E3 2017, then that makes me feel a little better knowing that the company might be working on the game some more instead of having it rushed. As for Halo Wars 2; not many Halo fans enjoyed the first game because it revolved around a different gameplay. Some people just didn't like the RTS aspect and rather have Halo stick to FPS. For me, I loved Halo Wars and would love to try out Halo Wars 2, but personally it's a side thing and it doesn't help that the game builds the story up to what's going to happen in Halo 6.

Now if you are referring to Halo 3 Anniversary, then it's not happening. If you are going to use the logic that the company stated no Halo 6 at E3 this year, then that logic should still apply to the other people who work at 343i stating that H3A is not going to be a thing (which has been said for a long time, a few months before they said that there will be nothing for Halo 6). To be completely honest, Halo 3 was on Xbox 360 and now brought to Xbox One through MCC with better frame rate and what-not (which I guess counts as a remaster since the visuals are up-to-date). Ask yourself; do you really want a third Halo 3 game released so early and close to when Halo 3 came out on Xbox One?
Techically its not a remaster, since all 343 did was improve the frame rate, and fix darker screens in the campaign a little bit - and i stress LITTLE BIT a lot
Remasters are built from the ground up - not reused graphics from 2007
"Stop Trying to Make H3A Happen. It's Not Going To Happen."

Slight grammar-naziism here, but it should read as "Stop Wanting H3A To Happen. It's Not Going To Happen."

K?

Other than that, I agree with not hyping Halo 6. There was too much hype invested in the MCC and Halo 5, and look where that led us: an unfinished game and a Teen-rated Call of Duty knockoff.
Herecy wrote:

Techically its not a remaster, since all 343 did was improve the frame rate, and fix darker screens in the campaign a little bit - and i stress LITTLE BIT a lot
Actually a remake is from the ground up and remaster is to improve. You can look up the definitions just by typing remake or remaster on their own and it will say. Remake:make (something) again or differently/ Remaster:make a new master of (a recording), typically in order to improve the sound quality. If we use this definition of remaster and you'll see "improve sound quality" can be used and replaced with improved frame-rate and HD. 343 did "Remaster" the game but not "Remake" the game.
Herecy wrote:

Actually a remake is from the ground up and remaster is to improve. You can look up the definitions just by typing remake or remaster on their own and it will say. Remake:make (something) again or differently/ Remaster:make a new master of (a recording), typically in order to improve the sound quality. If we use this definition of remaster and you'll see "improve sound quality" can be used and replaced with improved frame-rate and HD. 343 did "Remaster" the game but not "Remake" the game.
Fair enough, would like to see H3 blur cutscenes though...
I think there's a fine line between being excited and hyping up a game.

When people are starting threads about "what could halo 6 do better than 4 / 5" or "how the gameplay should change" I see someone just being genuinely excited for the game to release. That's healthy conversation.

On the other hand, when people say things like "Halo 6 will be the best game ever and save xbox, here why" then I draw the line. There's nothing constructive going on there. It just devolves into an xbox/halo circlejerk.
I think there's a fine line between being excited and hyping up a game.

When people are starting threads about "what could halo 6 do better than 4 / 5" or "how the gameplay should change" I see someone just being genuinely excited for the game to release. That's healthy conversation.

On the other hand, when people say things like "Halo 6 will be the best game ever and save xbox, here why" then I draw the line. There's nothing constructive going on there. It just devolves into an xbox/halo circlejerk.
No one game can save a console, except for like Halo 3 on the 360.
Given the hype that was around Halo 4 prior to release and Halo 5 prior to release, and the fact that 343 managed to screw up in some major way with both titles, I'm not all that confident in halo 6. The multiplayer will likely involve, or in a worse,yet equally likely situation, be based around the req system. The campaign will require a lot in order to fix the issues brought up in Halo 5's mess of a story, unfortunately more than can realistically be expected. And lastly, community features are likely to be, once again, missing on launch or nonfunctional all together.
Ka Five wrote:
So you're telling me there's a chance?
Given the hype that was around Halo 4 prior to release and Halo 5 prior to release, and the fact that 343 managed to screw up in some major way with both titles, I'm not all that confident in halo 6. The multiplayer will likely involve, or in a worse,yet equally likely situation, be based around the req system. The campaign will require a lot in order to fix the issues brought up in Halo 5's mess of a story, unfortunately more than can realistically be expected. And lastly, community features are likely to be, once again, missing on launch or nonfunctional all together.
Yep.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2