Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Why new Halo's shouldn't abandon the new abilities

OP Recon494

I know a lot of old Halo players want Halo to be like the old one's, and I agree, but we can't get rid of the new abilities like boosting and ground pound. I like what 343 has done its changed up the formula a bit, but they have also added game-types like classic Halo 3 slayer to Halo 5. I think in my opinion they should add a Halo 3 game-type specifically to Halo 6 so everyone would be happy. 343 can't take those away though, people have really adjusted to it and many of the new players seem to like it and if 343 just takes it out I'm sure a lot of new players won't be happy. I just want the people who keep saying this to understand.
I agree that classic mode should be included again to keep seasoned players happy and also to mix gameplay up a bit. The new abilities added are pretty awesome and I love the tbh, I don't think halo can completely go back to its multilayer routes because welllllll..... I think its better now *_*
But yeah the new abilities give halo a fresh canvas for amazing and memorable gameplay that is fun over and over again.
I'm not the first person in the community to say this but, there are ways to innovate Halo without changing its formula.
The game can keep abilities but that doesn't mean Ill use em. I rarely play Halo 5 but when I do, I play just like I did in the older Halo games, without abilities. Just because they're in the game, doesn't mean you are required to use them.
Spartan charge should be removed though, it adds a certain level of salt and unbalance to combat in multiplayer, kinda like armor lock from reach did...
Spartan charge should be removed though, it adds a certain level of salt and unbalance to combat in multiplayer, kinda like armor lock from reach did...
Spartan Charge is what Armor Lock was in Reach.

When it happens you genuinely want to punch a wall or throw your controller in frustration.
I agree spartan abilities should not be removed, but why the **** do the features spartans have on bungie's games do? I refer to dual wielding, speed, grenade distances, usable equipment, night vision, etc.