Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Would Halo 3 Anniversary look that different?

OP Walker184

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just to clarify, this isn't about whether you want Halo 3 Anniversary or not, its about the particular matter how you think the graphics would/could look.

I personally don't think there should be a Halo 3 Anniversary because I feel it wouldn't look too different. I mean 3's graphics are old but still pretty good as they are, and the MCC's topped it some, but it doesn't seem noticeable. CE and 2 had really old graphics that remasters were more noticeable. And I may not be a game designer but I just think, while cutscenes would be stellar, in terms of overall gameplay I don't think there would be too much improvement.

What do you think, especially those who are familiar with game design, would a remastered version of Halo 3 look that different? Please like and share your thoughts below.
Honestly, if it was to use graphics similiar to H2A's, there wouldn't be much difference as Halo 3's graphics are already beautiful.
Honestly, if it was to use graphics similiar to H2A's, there wouldn't be much difference as Halo 3's graphics are already beautiful.
Agreed
Oh, yes. I mean, in-game, probably not too different, but noticeable, at any rate. Take, for instance, the hills in Tsavo Highway and the hills in Delta Halo. HUGE difference. The detail is staggering. For cut scenes, I think the difference would be gargantuan. The cut scenes in H2A are hyperrealistic whereas the cut scenes in H3 are generic and choppy.
Oh, yes. I mean, in-game, probably not too different, but noticeable, at any rate. Take, for instance, the hills in Tsavo Highway and the hills in Delta Halo. HUGE difference. The detail is staggering. For cut scenes, I think the difference would be gargantuan. The cut scenes in H2A are hyperrealistic whereas the cut scenes in H3 are generic and choppy.
Perhaps... perhaps...
What do you mean generic?
I can stand choppy just because the cutscenes we're made by hand and not with mocap.
What do you mean generic?
I can stand choppy just because the cutscenes we're made by hand and not with mocap.
As in unrealistic? I'm not really sure how to describe it.
Walker184 wrote:
Just to clarify, this isn't about whether you want Halo 3 Anniversary or not, its about the particular matter how you think the graphics would/could look.

I personally don't think there should be a Halo 3 Anniversary because I feel it wouldn't look too different. I mean 3's graphics are old but still pretty good as they are, and the MCC's topped it some, but it doesn't seem noticeable. CE and 2 had really old graphics that remasters were more noticeable. And I may not be a game designer but I just think, while cutscenes would be stellar, in terms of overall gameplay I don't think there would be too much improvement.

What do you think, especially those who are familiar with game design, would a remastered version of Halo 3 look that different? Please like and share your thoughts below.
I agree, Halo 3's graphics have stood the test of time so far that I don't see much noticeable improvement. Cutscenes on the other hand would look amazing. After seeing the H2A campaign I feel like H3's cutscenes would look movie quality. All that being said the multiplayer in my opinion wouldn't look all that different
SOUZA117 wrote:
Walker184 wrote:

I agree, Halo 3's graphics have stood the test of time so far that I don't see much noticeable improvement. Cutscenes on the other hand would look amazing. After seeing the H2A campaign I feel like H3's cutscenes would look movie quality. All that being said the multiplayer in my opinion wouldn't look all that different
To see Blur Studios recreate the Ark Portal activating scene and the death of Miranda Keyes and and the Prophet of Truth would be awesome!
H2A's cutscenes are pretty but they're jarring. I feel that if 343 want Blur involved with Halo then they should be making a Halo short film not cutscenes.
Walker184 wrote:
Agreed
What? Seriously guys! There would be a huge difference! Hahaha
H2A's cutscenes are pretty but they're jarring. I feel that if 343 want Blur involved with Halo then they should be making a Halo short film not cutscenes.
I think they should make a short film too, but cut scenes for Halo 3 would also be nice ;-P
Walker184 wrote:
Agreed
Maybe... I dunno dude, like I said I'm no game designing expert, I just think if you were to put the remastered Halo 2 and current (MCC) Halo 3 graphics next to each other I couldn't see much division in lighting or quality. But as I've also said, gameplay probably wouldn't advance much, but the cutscenes would be spectacular.
Walker184 wrote:
Walker184 wrote:
Agreed
Maybe... I dunno dude, like I said I'm no game designing expert, I just think if you were to put the remastered Halo 2 and current (MCC) Halo 3 graphics next to each other I couldn't see much division in lighting or quality. But as I've also said, gameplay probably wouldn't advance much, but the cutscenes would be spectacular.
I would love to see Halo 3 Blur cutscenes! Wait, that gave me an idea. What if instead of making an Halo 3 Anniversary, 343 just had Blur remake the cutscene for its Anniversary!!!?
Walker184 wrote:
Walker184 wrote:
Agreed
I would love to see Halo 3 Blur cutscenes! Wait, that gave me an idea. What if instead of making an Halo 3 Anniversary, 343 just had Blur remake the cutscene for its Anniversary!!!?
Dude!... that would be freakin' awesome!! I'd totally be down for that!
Walker184 wrote:
SOUZA117 wrote:
Walker184 wrote:

To see Blur Studios recreate the Ark Portal activating scene and the death of Miranda Keyes and and the Prophet of Truth would be awesome!
It would be so much epicness
I think they should make a short film too, but cut scenes for Halo 3 would also be nice ;-P
I wanna see them make a short film I wonder why halo hasn't made it to the big screen although Hollywood has a tendency to wrongfully portray the stories told in books comics and games.
Walker184 wrote:

I think they probably would have added some shine to certain surfaces. Maybe they would have added a Quick-Time senario for the part where the Arbiter kills the prophet of truth so you are the Arbiter. (just to clarify the second one was a joke, I don't want to be caught out by a forum rule).
Walker184 wrote:

I think they probably would have added some shine to certain surfaces. Maybe they would have added a Quick-Time senario for the part where the Arbiter kills the prophet of truth so you are the Arbiter. (just to clarify the second one was a joke, I don't want to be caught out by a forum rule).
Please no quick-time events. This isn't CoD. That was a mistake in both Halo 4 and Halo 5 and it ultimately ruined the Didact fight.
Walker184 wrote:

Please no quick-time events. This isn't CoD. That was a mistake in both Halo 4 and Halo 5 and it ultimately ruined the Didact fight.
Yeah, the bosses like the warden kinda ruined it. (halo 5)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2