Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Would you want a Combat Evolved 20th Anniversary?

OP ProFitofKiLLz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Already done MCC remake.
I'd be fine with it but only if it's a remake and not a remaster. I don't think another paint job is necessary but if 343 does what nintendo did to the first 2 metroid games and completely re-imagine the campaign with new weapons, missions, etc then count me the heck in. there are plenty of ways to modify the campaign with out ruining the cannon. pull something similar to spv3 maybe but more professional and polished with different changes. no body pull the "but the pillar of autumn didn't have that stuff on board, this breaks cannon" kinda crap because fireteam raven threw all that through the window.
While it would be cool to have an updated Combat Evolved to really looking good like H2A, I would prefer to wait until maybe the 25th anniversary instead so there's more of a demand for it.
No. I don't want to see a new anniversary edition. I'd rather see them make a new Halo game, but put the effort into making it fun like the old Halo games were. Halo 5 didn't even come close to the older games.

Halo MCC was full of bugs. It still is. Rather than fix the bugs, they gave us Halo 3: ODST Anniversary. But that didn't make up for all the bugs. I'd much rather have a single new game that works and is polished than a whole lot or anniversary editions! Please, 343, just concentrate all your effort into making a single new quality game.

P.S. I still have more fun playing the original Halo CE on my original Xbox with it's 640x480 resolution than I do Halo 5 with all it's advanced HD graphics. Great graphics alone do NOT make a game fun.
I would prefer them to actually finish H2A ;(all MP maps please , [Terminal ,Turf , and Burial Mounds are all great maps deserving of update , not to mention Elongation , Back-wash or Damnation]) ; or update H3 before voting to have another version of CE.

And yes I know H3 runs fine on the 1 , but by the time it comes around to the appropriate time for H3A once again the Scarlet will be out or maybe something better at the rate consoles are accelerating.
I think they are honoring Halo CE in the best way right now: Turning the MCC into the definitive Halo CE experience.

They should continue on their current course of delivering great updates to the MCC, and eventually bring MCC to Play Anywhere on the PC. What better way to honor Halo CE than to preserve it and keep it playable on current hardware and platforms?
Unnecessary. MCC is a great way to experience CE and honestly what would be the point of the remaster at this point? They'd be better off doing a Halo 3 Anniversary and putting it in as like $30 DLC in MCC. That'd be ideal imho.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I rather have halo 3 aniversy
Naaaahhhhhhh no need unless they do a complete remake from scratch
God no. If anything, make a Halo 3 Anniversary. I would definitely buy that.
The only way I'd want one is if instead of a remaster, it would be a full on remake. I'd rather have it be a reimagining of the game, something like spv3.
Based on that recent Anniversaries werent handled that well (with CEA looking like a downgrade on most parts and recycling Halo Reach artstyle and MCC still not working properly after all these years) I would say I definitely dont want another one.

343i should just focus on creating a new game and get their feces together. So just focus the resources on Infinite and not even think about creating another Anniversary that rides on old glory.
I really don't care if CE gets another remaster or not. Truth be told I've never been a fan of remasters. When I play them I have feelings like "this isn't the real thing" or "this isn't how it was meant to be played" or the game just feels "off". If the community at large wants remasters, 343 should definitely make them. But I probably wouldn't buy it. If we want to go back to CE, I wouldn't want a remaster, but a whole new game set in the time of CE, maybe even with classic graphics, where we get to see the war on the ring from Arbiter's point of view, playing as him.
I will never, under any circumstances, want the same game remastered every ten years.

Remastering Halo: Combat Evolved once was somewhat redundant as every pawn shop has a copy of the original for $5.00, but the thought of the game being remastered again is absolutely absurd. What about on the 30th and 40th anniversary of Halo: Combat Evolved? Do you really want the same game to be resold to you every ten years? And what of the sequels? Should they get the same treatment?

Halo: Combat Evolved will be preserved as used copies will continue to exist until the end of humanity across multiple different platforms, so constant re-releases is not necessary.
We don't REALLY need it, the graphics still look great. Remasters are kind of just a way to eat your money, because you are literally buying the exact same game, with a few added things. (Such as graphics.)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2