Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

¨temporary files being deleted

OP TOXS Viper

So im one of them guys that does Halo machinima. For me, this garbage temprary files system is a nightmare. What makes it worse is that from time to time, my mcc deles all of my temporary files by itself(even tho theres space left), Why is this? Getting really tired of having to redo hours apon hours of this.
Because temp files delete over time. I don't know about this second theory but they might delete if you play a certain amount of additional sessions. Additional sessions as in quitting the game and booting it back up. Making sure to save your temp files (and upload the files to your file share).
Temporary Files delete themselves, because they are temporary.
Because temp files delete over time. I don't know about this second theory but they might delete if you play a certain amount of additional sessions. Additional sessions as in quitting the game and booting it back up. Making sure to save your temp files (and upload the files to your file share).
I really think the MCC should bring back in-game storage for screenshots and film clips. The Xbox thing is nice but not everyone may want to use it, especially when 3 (4?) out of the 6 games on the MCC have this in their original versions. Wait, does ODST allow film clips in Firefight? I'll have to check.

Sadly, only Halo Reach supported taking film clips in Campaign, Halo 3 and ODST only supports screenshots from there. If the MCC still stored screenshots and clips then they could have upgraded Halo 3 and ODST to enable taking campaign clips.
I was kind of hoping they might do that for the original versions, but they are never going to do that now, so the MCC is— was my only hope, until they decided to do away with the in-game storage.
I really think the MCC should bring back in-game storage for screenshots and film clips. The Xbox thing is nice but not everyone may want to use it, especially when 3 (4?) out of the 6 games on the MCC have this in their original versions. Wait, does ODST allow film clips in Firefight? I'll have to check.

Sadly, only Halo Reach supported taking film clips in Campaign, Halo 3 and ODST only supports screenshots from there. If the MCC still stored screenshots and clips then they could have upgraded Halo 3 and ODST to enable taking campaign clips.
I was kind of hoping they might do that for the original versions, but they are never going to do that now, so the MCC is— was my only hope, until they decided to do away with the in-game storage.
The only films allowed are 2a, 3, ODST, 4, & Reach. It wouldn't be that hard to add it to ce and 2c. 343's already afraid to touch 2c because of how messy the code is.
I would love for photos and screenshots to come back. But 343's not going to add it. What i loved about Halo 3, is that Bungie would pick files they liked for Bungie Favorites. The original 3, 4, & Reach all supported clips. But i guess 343 doesn't want to moderate that extra content.