Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

‘Best’ multiplayer for a new player to start with?

OP MRL114

Hi! I’m wondering what the ‘easiest’ Halo multiplayer is to start with. I know there’s a learning curve in every game, but I don’t want to get destroyed too hard in my first few games. 😅 Any recommendations?
I don't think there really is a clear answer to this honestly, given how different each Halo game can feel. 4v4 is generally the most common search preference, but if you're not comfortable with that yet, I'd recommend trying out Big Team Battle Slayer one Halo game at a time, given the size of the maps give you breathing room to learn the ropes a tad, and the sessions themselves are usually more laid back than 4v4.
Try H3 and H4 BTB. Both are big, chaotic, and fun. You get enough space to experiment with different tactics, so you don’t need to worry about being killed very quickly. Just play smart and don’t rush into the open.

CE and H2 are quite hard to be good at right off the bat, although they are extremely fun (H2 and H2A are my favorites). H3 is a prime example of “easy to pick up, hard to master.” H3 4v4 is similar to H2 and CE and anything other than BTB in H4 is an outlier for what Halo typically feels like.

Stay away from H5.
In MCC, try BTB in Reach or 3. If you prefer an online PVE, then Reach’s Firefight is easy.
tuhin94 wrote:
Stay away from H5.
IMO, Halo 5 has the best multiplayer in the series. Big Team Super Fiesta and every Warzone variant are big and chaotic, with more players per game in Warzone Warlords than any other Halo multiplayer game mode
Reach and 4
Any playlist with the fiesta or action sack selection. Loads of fun!
MRL114 wrote:
Hi! I’m wondering what the ‘easiest’ Halo multiplayer is to start with. I know there’s a learning curve in every game, but I don’t want to get destroyed too hard in my first few games. 😅 Any recommendations?
Halo reach,halo ce,halo 2 classic and halo 2 anniversary
Halo 2A, Halo 4, and Halo Reach.
MRL114 wrote:
Slayer is the default mode upon which all modes are built and expand upon. It comes in classic 2v2, 4v4, 8v8 and 8 player Free For All and is a good starting point in understanding Halos gunplay.