1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Here in Halo as a loyal fan since 2002 the game has gone far. However, there has been a dramatic drop in ratings since Xbox One released its first Hard Copy Game Halo MCC. For Obvious reasons 343 made honest mistakes. However you should not make another game until you fix its predecessors. This was why Halo 5 also suffered. Most fans were disappointed for the entire time between the 2 games because there was little effort to fix what could have been the greatest Halo Game in all of Xbox History. The point of updates is to learn before you make the next game so you understand what the community likes and needs. You cant just drop a dlc game (ODST) and expect us to forgive 3 years of little to no effort. That's not what we paid $60 dollars for. We paid that so we could link with our old classic friends from 2002-2014 on Previous titles. 343 Industries has had the game since Halo 1 Anniversary to halo 4 to Halo MCC and now to Halo 5. The previous games were great on all accounts but they need to finish projects and don't ever expect anything. plan the unexpected. Hopefully they never disappoint fans that hardcore again. I believe they have learned because now they are making this update. This needs to be made aware of by Microsoft and 343 together to get our attention once more. I believe all people who purchased the game disk and downloaded ODST should get a free digital copy or if they own The Xbox One X because many sold that game after years of hardcore disappointment from MCC.

Needs fixed?
1. Dedicated Servers
2. Lobby Matchmaking (Finding players)
3. Starting matches after players leave lobby in count down
4.Campaign loading screens freezing and kicking players out
5.Halo 2 campaign Co-op issues
6. Bugged achievements
7. bugged service record
8. main menu bugs

Needs added?
1. New Ranking system
2. Better armor customization per Halo character
3. Double XP weekends (In 1 playlist per halo)
4. 7 on the 7th possibly
5. Firefight ODST
6. Halo Reach
7. Halo Reach Firefight
8. File Shares
9. Halo 4 Spartan Ops Match Making
10. Achievement's for all of the above
Cannot agree more on the things that should be added. They destroyed character customization and even left out great armors for halo 4 (ODST, Mark V, and prefect). As someone who adored the ODST armor not seeing it (and being forced to have a red visor with Mark VI armor like wtf) really turned me away from halo 4 completely . Same thing with emblems. I remember a time back in halo 2,3,and 4 where YOUR emblem showed up on your shoulder not one preset for whatever team you were on. Them not having ODST Firefight in will always confuse me. Like how are you not going to add a games best feature especially since it started a gamemode that has since been in Reach and 5. Speaking of Reach it would be great to see an updated version as it was a great game. Hopefully if they do the customization wont be trash as it had hands down the best armor customizing in halo to date.
I would also add fixing hit boxes and/ or hit reg, I can't tell you how often I get cheated out of kills because something was wrong elsewhere. I feel like I'm missing with RED CROSSHAIRS with precision weapons or I'm hitting their shoulders, only power weapons and the silenced SMG feel like they are working as intended in H2A, especially the SMG, BR, and Magnum. if a single silenced SMG can beat dual regular SMGs and even dual silenced SMGs something is wrong. The go to precision weapon feels inconsistent beyond all reasoning in H2A, H3, and H2 if the number of 4 shot kills I have in H4 and H5 when the damage and accuracy is close to if not the same is anything to go by, and the pistol in H2 seems to be much more effective than H2A despite being 13 shots to the head. Fixing hit boxes and hit reg would be a massive improvement by itself, everything else you mentioned would bring back so many fans and former fans the servers would flood like ESO did on console for the first few days.
austin898 wrote:
Cannot agree more on the things that should be added. They destroyed character customization and even left out great armors for halo 4 (ODST, Mark V, and prefect). As someone who adored the ODST armor not seeing it (and being forced to have a red visor with Mark VI armor like wtf) really turned me away from halo 4 completely . Same thing with emblems. I remember a time back in halo 2,3,and 4 where YOUR emblem showed up on your shoulder not one preset for whatever team you were on. Them not having ODST Firefight in will always confuse me. Like how are you not going to add a games best feature especially since it started a gamemode that has since been in Reach and 5. Speaking of Reach it would be great to see an updated version as it was a great game. Hopefully if they do the customization wont be trash as it had hands down the best armor customizing in halo to date.
I miss prefect and the dlc weapon skins. Especially the black and gold skins i can't remember the name of.
Will the 2018 update fix a problem in the campaign where the scoring feature starts to only give me zero score for enemies after reaching the half-way point on certain levels in Halo CE and Halo 2? I don't have this problem in Halo 3, ODST or 4, but in CE, CEA, H2, and H2A, on long missions such as Assault on the Control Room, The Library, Two Betrayals, the score feature starts bugging out and giving me zeroes for each enemy after I play for a certain amount of time or reach a certain score, and this is the normal scoring mode, not the competitive one. Is this a bug or a bad game mechanic? Either way, does anyone know if it will be fixed with the MCC 2018 update?
Will the 2018 update fix a problem in the campaign where the scoring feature starts to only give me zero score for enemies after reaching the half-way point on certain levels in Halo CE and Halo 2? I don't have this problem in Halo 3, ODST or 4, but in CE, CEA, H2, and H2A, on long missions such as Assault on the Control Room, The Library, Two Betrayals, the score feature starts bugging out and giving me zeroes for each enemy after I play for a certain amount of time or reach a certain score, and this is the normal scoring mode, not the competitive one. Is this a bug or a bad game mechanic? Either way, does anyone know if it will be fixed with the MCC 2018 update?
I think it does that when you've died to much or take to long but don't take my word on it.
Things to fix.

1. MATCHMAKING
-Better player skill and level matching.
-Not going down in rank when host causes a black screen by leaving in game or just randomly going down a rank even if you win a game.
-More diverse options for gametypes and map rotations in playlists. For example being able to select "team objective" in Halo 2 Classic playlist.
-More frequent updates for the fans. I understand MCC does not earn you microtransactions or is not much of a concern for 343 but please do something for all the old fans.
-This applies to custom games as well but when playing Halo 2 classic you are not able to see the players emblem above their heads during games rather you see a generic bulls eye that every player has over their head which makes it pretty confusing when trying to spot a teammate or make a call out,making everyone choose different colors if you're running as a team. This is pretty sad as this functioned very well in the original game on the Xbox.

2. CUSTOM GAMES
-Being able to join a live custom game, this is what made the original Halo 2 experience so great and now you are not able to join a custom game while the game is going on which really takes away from the atmosphere and community.
-Custom game finder, something I would like to see is the function of a custom game finder built into the game. This would allow players to actually find people playing custom games and create more of a community presence especially on all the old classics like Halo 2.

3.CAMPAIGN
-Fix co op campaign which is almost unplayable especially when level selecting. Generally the game will force you to start at level 1 for you to even get the game to load up the level when playing coop this is not every time but pretty frequently if not over 50%.
-Mid game joining in campaign. Similar to joining custom games that are live, being able to join you friends while they are on a level if the lobby is open.

RANDOM
-Fix overall bugs with how the game runs
-Adding in CLAN features and playlists. Just like in Halo 2 bring back the clan system and the major and minor clan match.
-More attention to Halo 2 and Halo CE.
-Better in game friends list. If anyone remembers the Halo 2 friends list and messaging system knows how good it was and worked for inviting all your friends at the same time making it quick and easy to get a big custom game going. But yes I understand they have a friends list in the game now but it is not as functional and only shows the players that are logged into MCC not your entire friends list.

But yes overall all I want is to play Halo 2 how it used to be played on the original Xbox console. I would prefer a stand alone Halo 2 remaster which is fully dedicated to Halo 2 playlists and game.
The bandana skull for halo 2a doesn't work with energy weapons.
Maybe this relates to the dedicated servers but I’ll say it anyway. I’m a big team Halo 2 guy, been playing H2 big team since it came out. I’m sure many know that it’s very hard to get big team H2 because people always vote for Halo 3. And one of the most frustrating things that happen when I do finally get a big team H2 game. Some people leave. Those that voted for H3 or 4. It just makes the game unbalanced and not fun anymore. I’d love to see more playlists that don’t have cross game lists. Even if they gave us a big team playlist that had H1/H2 and a playlist with H3/H4. It would give people more of a chance to actually play what they want to.
Everyone makes mistakes and MCC is still very much broken but you can't blame 343 for that. You gotta look at the bigger picture. This isn't 2004 when Halo was truly the only game everyone was playing. You know why it was like that in 2004? Because it had no competition. Call of Duty hadn't hit it's multiplayer stride, Gears of War only existed on paper, and everything else was either on PC or hadn't been thought up yet. The only real competitor Halo 2 had was Star Wars Battlefront. Now if you look at today, the competition for gamer's attention and time is more intense than a HCS game. Here's a few of the games that Halo has to compete with:

-Call of Duty
-Gears of War 4
-Overwatch
-Battlefield 1
-Star Wars Battlefront
-Rocket League
-Fortnite
-Destiny
-Assassins Creed
-Minecraft
-Fallout
-Skyrim

There's such an over-saturation in games that it's hard for one game to stand out for a prolonged period of time. MCC will probably come back into the spotlight once the update hits but that will be it. We won't see it again until Halo 6 is preparing for release.

My point here is that you can't blame 343 Industries for the lack in ratings, it's the video game industry that's to blame for that. Also,
XGN rdean1 wrote:
you should not make another game until you fix its predecessors.
If that was indeed the case, we'd probably still be playing Halo 2. That game had more bugs, glitches, and problems that MCC has ever had. Modders, hackers, super bounces, rocket/sword glitches, you name it! I'm not complaining, that's what made Halo 2 incredible but a company can't dwell on it's mistakes. 343 going back to work on MCC is unheard of and crazy for any gaming company to do. No one does that. Not attacking you or saying what you have to say is wrong, I'm just talking is all. No hard feelings :)
Everyone makes mistakes and MCC is still very much broken but you can't blame 343 for that. You gotta look at the bigger picture. This isn't 2004 when Halo was truly the only game everyone was playing. You know why it was like that in 2004? Because it had no competition. Call of Duty hadn't hit it's multiplayer stride, Gears of War only existed on paper, and everything else was either on PC or hadn't been thought up yet. The only real competitor Halo 2 had was Star Wars Battlefront. Now if you look at today, the competition for gamer's attention and time is more intense than a HCS game. Here's a few of the games that Halo has to compete with:

-Call of Duty
-Gears of War 4
-Overwatch
-Battlefield 1
-Star Wars Battlefront
-Rocket League
-Fortnite
-Destiny
-Assassins Creed
-Minecraft
-Fallout
-Skyrim

There's such an over-saturation in games that it's hard for one game to stand out for a prolonged period of time. MCC will probably come back into the spotlight once the update hits but that will be it. We won't see it again until Halo 6 is preparing for release.

My point here is that you can't blame 343 Industries for the lack in ratings, it's the video game industry that's to blame for that. Also,
XGN rdean1 wrote:
If that was indeed the case, we'd probably still be playing Halo 2. That game had more bugs, glitches, and problems that MCC has ever had. Modders, hackers, super bounces, rocket/sword glitches, you name it! I'm not complaining, that's what made Halo 2 incredible but a company can't dwell on it's mistakes. 343 going back to work on MCC is unheard of and crazy for any gaming company to do. No one does that. Not attacking you or saying what you have to say is wrong, I'm just talking is all. No hard feelings :)
There are none the truth in this game is nothing worked right and it was a rushed project by Microsoft. It was never 343's fault. their was only 3 updates on mcc though that was their bad. A lot of fans were put down in the mud after they got mcc which I believe if they had actually worked on it even after it released more and pushed 5 back a few months, the game probably would have blew up in rates more which would have saved their community. This was supposed to be the game to grab the other players who went to competitors back. It would have been successful if they invested more into it.
XGN rdean1 wrote:

-Call of Duty
-Gears of War 4
-Overwatch
-Battlefield 1
-Star Wars Battlefront
-Rocket League
-Fortnite
-Destiny
-Assassins Creed
-Minecraft
-Fallout
-Skyrim

XGN rdean1 wrote:
There are none the truth in this game is nothing worked right and it was a rushed project by Microsoft. It was never 343's fault. their was only 3 updates on mcc though that was their bad. A lot of fans were put down in the mud after they got mcc which I believe if they had actually worked on it even after it released more and pushed 5 back a few months, the game probably would have blew up in rates more which would have saved their community. This was supposed to be the game to grab the other players who went to competitors back. It would have been successful if they invested more into it.
You're exactly right. Microsoft needs to lay off a bit and not rush greatness. Hopefully this update in Spring 2018 will really do some good
Will the MCC update fix the crashes over half way through the campaign during Halo 4 where the XBox suddenly makes a buzzing sound and the load bar goes about 3/4 the way along the screen then everything stops? I always have to restart Halo 4 from the beginning and was gutted by the experience. I have never been able to complete MCC because of this.
It's pretty riddled with bugs as a whole still. The menus crash whenever I play split screen in the MCC. Like I won't be able to select a map or a game mode or anything. It just pans the option at the end of every list and doesn't let you move at all. It's really annoying. The MCC crashes my xbox almost every time I play.
XGN rdean1 wrote:
1. New Ranking system
2. Better armor customization per Halo character
3. Double XP weekends (In 1 playlist per halo)
4. 7 on the 7th possibly
5. Firefight ODST
6. Halo Reach
7. Halo Reach Firefight
8. File Shares
9. Halo 4 Spartan Ops Match Making
10. Achievement's for all of the above
YES. I'm not trying to play that little spoiled kid role who always wants something here & it's not that I'm ungrateful but 343 owes us more than an update tbh. Atleast give us some goods like the ones you've listed. Some full armor piece by piece customization for H2A would be nice along with some new maps. It would be nice to add more content to H2A's multiplayer too it really deserves it. More people play Halo 3 than they do H2A.
Now here are my ideas/suggestions for the update other than bug fixes:
  1. Classic Style Firefight built in H2A's engine
  2. Full armor customization for H2A-H4
  3. Ranking System with credits/XP
  4. Remove cross game playlists and make ONE playlist specifically for cross-games.
  5. More attention/recognition to H2A
  6. Custom Games search
  7. Player count on playlists
  8. Add challenges
  9. Matchmaking for campaign
  10. Veto option in matchmaking
  11. 1 v 1 playlist
I dont think they should add halo reach.
I think armor customization and an improved ranking system and xp system would be great. Adding ODST firefight would be awesome too!
Ranked snipers, swat, and lone wolves playlists
When the update comes out I would like these games modes and I'm sure thousands of other would too.
-multi team
-team ball
-Social skirmish
-lone wolves/rumble pit
those are some I would like.
Problems I have with the game I would like fixed.
MATCH MAKING!
after a game. I can't hear any audio
after a game I can't back out of the stats thingy
unable to join my friends even though they invited me
being put with more fair teams on raked playlist
(I'm a rank 7 on h3 don't judge me. But I got put with 4 rank 50's!!)
and getting temporary banned fro match making for no reason I never quit
The OP's contention that 343i should not have made H5 until MCC was sorted is faulty.

As they have stated, X1 developments have only now allowed 343i the opportunity to sort this mess out.

I would wait for this update and take it from there.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2