1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hopefully we'll be hearing the first details in the next week or so
ODST firefight would be so great :D
Though that would be nice, they haven't committed to that kind of time frame, so we should temper our expectations. The only timeframe I've heard mentioned from an official source was in Bonnie Ross's initial live stream announcement, where she said they're targeting the public flighting program for spring. Not only can this fall as late as June, but keep in mind this is only an initial target. There's always a chance things can be pushed back. And if there's one thing we learned from MCC's release, it's that when things are rushed out the door, everybody loses.

So let's try to be patient and give them plenty of time to do this right. That being said, if March/April rolls around and we've heard nothing from them, I will be quite irritated. All it takes is a "hey guys, we're still working on it — updates to come!" to let us know they haven't forgotten about their commitment.

Here's hoping for a wonderful year for MCC and Halo as a whole.
XGN rdean1 wrote:
Here in Halo as a loyal fan since 2002 the game has gone far. However, there has been a dramatic drop in ratings since Xbox One released its first Hard Copy Game Halo MCC. For Obvious reasons 343 made honest mistakes. However you should not make another game until you fix its predecessors. This was why Halo 5 also suffered. Most fans were disappointed for the entire time between the 2 games because there was little effort to fix what could have been the greatest Halo Game in all of Xbox History. The point of updates is to learn before you make the next game so you understand what the community likes and needs. You cant just drop a dlc game (ODST) and expect us to forgive 3 years of little to no effort. That's not what we paid $60 dollars for. We paid that so we could link with our old classic friends from 2002-2014 on Previous titles. 343 Industries has had the game since Halo 1 Anniversary to halo 4 to Halo MCC and now to Halo 5. The previous games were great on all accounts but they need to finish projects and don't ever expect anything. plan the unexpected. Hopefully they never disappoint fans that hardcore again. I believe they have learned because now they are making this update. This needs to be made aware of by Microsoft and 343 together to get our attention once more. I believe all people who purchased the game disk and downloaded ODST should get a free digital copy or if they own The Xbox One X because many sold that game after years of hardcore disappointment from MCC.

Needs fixed?
1. Dedicated Servers
2. Lobby Matchmaking (Finding players)
3. Starting matches after players leave lobby in count down
4.Campaign loading screens freezing and kicking players out
5.Halo 2 campaign Co-op issues
6. Bugged achievements
7. bugged service record
8. main menu bugs

Needs added?
1. New Ranking system
2. Better armor customization per Halo character
3. Double XP weekends (In 1 playlist per halo)
4. 7 on the 7th possibly
5. Firefight ODST
6. Halo Reach
7. Halo Reach Firefight
8. File Shares
9. Halo 4 Spartan Ops Match Making
10. Achievement's for all of the above
I agree with most needs to be added. Adding reach rank, credit, customization, firefight would be epic.
Yup, Halo Reach would be cool to have. To add it they could either make cheap DLC or just a downloadable update. (They probably won't because of the game art and description on the game cover and back.) I also think they need more customization options for armor. I don't care too much for the armor mix-matching, but I would like to see stuff like visor colors changeable.
Halo Reach is already backwards compatible on XB1 with the 360 disk.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo Reach is already backwards compatible on XB1 with the 360 disk.
And, also I just remembered why it wasn't there in the first place. XD It's the Master Chief Collection, not the cool doods with space guns collection.
Though that would be nice, they haven't committed to that kind of time frame, so we should temper our expectations. The only timeframe I've heard mentioned from an official source was in Bonnie Ross's initial live stream announcement, where she said they're targeting the public flighting program for spring. Not only can this fall as late as June, but keep in mind this is only an initial target. There's always a chance things can be pushed back. And if there's one thing we learned from MCC's release, it's that when things are rushed out the door, everybody loses.

So let's try to be patient and give them plenty of time to do this right. That being said, if March/April rolls around and we've heard nothing from them, I will be quite irritated. All it takes is a "hey guys, we're still working on it — updates to come!" to let us know they haven't forgotten about their commitment.

Here's hoping for a wonderful year for MCC and Halo as a whole.
I'm very patient and have expectations to a certain point. Im just eager. I'm not sure what they have planned but at the very least, they need to patch the bugs in MCC first. Assuming there's still time once that's done, they can start looking at other aspects of the game.

Playing MCC as much as I have over the last few weeks, its not nearly as buggy as it once was. It actually runs really smooth. I honestly think they've been working on MCC under the radar
A RANKED FFA PLAYLIST! I was sooooo excited to go for a 50 in a FFA playlist featuring every halo game! I was extremely disappointed to never see that so I hope it comes in with the update for sure! I like the 1-50 ranks bar none but maybe an xp progressive behind it like in H3. Either way I hope this fixes the game 100%
XGN rdean1 wrote:
Here in Halo as a loyal fan since 2002 the game has gone far. However, there has been a dramatic drop in ratings since Xbox One released its first Hard Copy Game Halo MCC. For Obvious reasons 343 made honest mistakes. However you should not make another game until you fix its predecessors. This was why Halo 5 also suffered. Most fans were disappointed for the entire time between the 2 games because there was little effort to fix what could have been the greatest Halo Game in all of Xbox History. The point of updates is to learn before you make the next game so you understand what the community likes and needs. You cant just drop a dlc game (ODST) and expect us to forgive 3 years of little to no effort. That's not what we paid $60 dollars for. We paid that so we could link with our old classic friends from 2002-2014 on Previous titles. 343 Industries has had the game since Halo 1 Anniversary to halo 4 to Halo MCC and now to Halo 5. The previous games were great on all accounts but they need to finish projects and don't ever expect anything. plan the unexpected. Hopefully they never disappoint fans that hardcore again. I believe they have learned because now they are making this update. This needs to be made aware of by Microsoft and 343 together to get our attention once more. I believe all people who purchased the game disk and downloaded ODST should get a free digital copy or if they own The Xbox One X because many sold that game after years of hardcore disappointment from MCC.

Needs fixed?
1. Dedicated Servers
2. Lobby Matchmaking (Finding players)
3. Starting matches after players leave lobby in count down
4.Campaign loading screens freezing and kicking players out
5.Halo 2 campaign Co-op issues
6. Bugged achievements
7. bugged service record
8. main menu bugs

Needs added?
1. New Ranking system
2. Better armor customization per Halo character
3. Double XP weekends (In 1 playlist per halo)
4. 7 on the 7th possibly
5. Firefight ODST
6. Halo Reach
7. Halo Reach Firefight
8. File Shares
9. Halo 4 Spartan Ops Match Making
10. Achievement's for all of the above
I think they should also add the weapon skins from Halo 4 that came in the Champions DLC during H4GC, as well as the armor such as ODST and MK. V. It’d also be cool if they’d add Daily and Weekly Challenges.
Yup, Halo Reach would be cool to have. To add it they could either make cheap DLC or just a downloadable update. (They probably won't because of the game art and description on the game cover and back.) I also think they need more customization options for armor. I don't care too much for the armor mix-matching, but I would like to see stuff like visor colors changeable.
I think the community deserves Reach for free. It’s the least they can do. I bet that MCC will be with Games with Gold the day it get’s updated.
I think the community deserves Reach for free. It’s the least they can do. I bet that MCC will be with Games with Gold the day it get’s updated.
They have already given us a free remastered game. Stop acting entitled and ungrateful and be happy that they are going to continue to support a product that they dont have to.
Nooga wrote:
They have already given us a free remastered game. Stop acting entitled and ungrateful and be happy that they are going to continue to support a product that they dont have to.
Bro the game is unacceptable to this day. If you don’t have an open NAT you can’t play. It’s sad.
Nooga wrote:
Bro the game is unacceptable to this day. If you don’t have an open NAT you can’t play. It’s sad.
They made the game, it’s broken, millions of people bought it while it was broken. We deserve more than ODST at 60 FPS. The game should’ve been refunded.
LUKEaUrOrA wrote:
A RANKED FFA PLAYLIST! I was sooooo excited to go for a 50 in a FFA playlist featuring every halo game! I was extremely disappointed to never see that so I hope it comes in with the update for sure! I like the 1-50 ranks bar none but maybe an xp progressive behind it like in H3. Either way I hope this fixes the game 100%
I agree with you! Ranked and Unranked. I'd love to see both and to be able to play FFA with seven friends like you could in Rumble Pit on Halo 3
They need to completely re-design the matchmaking system. People don't want to jump between different games constantly after every match. If i pick halo 4 i want to play halo 4. I don't want to play halo 4 then get thrown into halo 3... let us toggle what games we want to cycle between (Possibly with a simple tick box per game) that way if i only like playing halo 4 and halo 2 i can simply just toggle those both on and will only find those games with matchmaking. Also halo 4 forge needs looked at too as the game has a different In-game pause menu it prevents access to editing things such as TRAIT ZONES PROPERTIES which were located in the halo 4 pause menu therefore rendering them completely useless. Finally i will say it feels like the hitbox on halo 3 i way off when i shoot people on the head it's like it registers a chest shot but if i shoot above someones head it's a headshot. It's like the character hitbox is a little higher than it should be.
The only have we can do is wait until Spring.
just like to thank everyone here, im making a video on this very topic and this has help me streamline my script. I think this update can truly make an impact on the gaming industry because console fps is pretty open right now with the only competitors being pubg or fortnite. which are the same game different paint. destiny, SWBF2 and Cod all underwhelmed fans this year, so i think that this few months with these updates that all you guys said can really make this game big again like it should of been at the start
  • Add 4k, solid 60fps, this should be secondary to the matchmaking updates (1080p is not going to cut it anymore since Halo 5 was updated to this)
  • PC version on Microsoft Store this fall (if the update on xbox one is successful) for longevity purposes beyond 2018 needs to be in the cards, keeping it on Xbox only is not a good thing really, you will be continuing to restrict your audience on one system, they need to branch this collection out as it has so much potential to be great. Then they can add this collection to Steam hopefully eventually as a Win32 version.
  • Halo 3 ODST firefight mode
  • Revamp the main menu
  • Custom Game Browser
  • Add back in Theater mode and upload video files to OneDrive.
  • Have remastered maps for all Halo 1 and Halo 2 maps. Be able to switch on the fly from old graphics to new graphics in multiplayer just like campaign (have this on a long term track of future updates for the collection?).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3