Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

343 give us better armor customisation

OP HaplessBox97

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I know it's only a cosmetic issue but theres something special about getting your spartan looking just the way you want them to. Feels more personal and unique! Flaming recon or Hayabusa would be 'lit' too ;)
Yeah I've seen a lot of people saying they want full armor customization. This is something they should definitely do. Furthermore, they should implement it in a way where you have to earn your armor through commendations or something. That would be the icing on the cake.
its Sporty wrote:
Yeah I've seen a lot of people saying they want full armor customization. This is something they should definitely do. Furthermore, they should implement it in a way where you have to earn your armor through commendations or something. That would be the icing on the cake.
They should have the same requirements for unlocks as bungie had in Halo 3, staying true to the original game. Hell even add in vidmasters to unlock recon and flaming chest piece. With the state Destiny 2 is in 343i really isn't doing that bad.. But the MCC does need more in depth armor customisation and unlock system.
Totally agree! Achievement based unlocks add such a fun dynamic to every Halo game they're in. It would be great to have that "badge of honor" aspect of earned armor in MCC as well.
I'm afraid that you're asking for the impossible as such a thing can't be implemented with a simple update. Unless a brand new retail release of the game is made, such changes will never be made.
I'm afraid that you're asking for the impossible as such a thing can't be implemented with a simple update. Unless a brand new retail release of the game is made, such changes will never be made.
Recent news from 343 hints that they will be rebuilding the entire UI, so they could also put in the armor customization we've been asking for. We can only hope...
Recent news from 343 hints that they will be rebuilding the entire UI, so they could also put in the armor customization we've been asking for. We can only hope...
The exact quote shows that it's all behind-the-scenes stuff that'll improve the overall functionality of the existing experience; I wouldn't expect any drastic additions.

"Now instead of doing a reboot of the entire process, we just unload the .DLL and cleanly shut down each game engine. This means there’s less chance of your network session breaking down. You’ll also notice a much faster game-to-game transition time, greater overall UI consistency, and it also makes it easier for us to manage MP experiences and get players back into matchmaking quicker after a game session ends."
i just wanna mix and match my armor
We need Halo Reach depth with customization
That would totally be ideal but it may be too much work for the 343 team. All I want is the ability to change your armor the way it was originally intended to by bungie
That would totally be ideal but it may be too much work for the 343 team. All I want is the ability to change your armor the way it was originally intended to by bungie
I don't think it'd be too much work, it's just not something that's a priority right now
Wow, until this new development update and the feedback from it on the forums I had no idea people wanted armor customization back so badly. This is not a feature I cared too much for previously, but now I am going to start campaigning for it a little more.
I don't think it'd be too much work, it's just not something that's a priority right now
Maybe not now, but it is something which should definitely be implemented eventually.
Wow, until this new development update and the feedback from it on the forums I had no idea people wanted armor customization back so badly. This is not a feature I cared too much for previously, but now I am going to start campaigning for it a little more.
Of course people want better armor customisation! Its a small but important part of the experience, hopefully 343 will hear us and deliver.
This is a huge issue I've had since day 1 with the MCC and I have an even bigger issue with the armor customization in Halo 5. I can get Combat Evolved and Halo 2 having static sets since there was no customization to begin with in those two titles, but Halo 3 and Halo 4 had sizable armories of things to chose from. My ideal armor customization going forward would be Helm > Visor > Chest > L & R Shoulders, L & R Wrists, L & R Legs, Utility, and a Miscellaneous section for smaller armor attachments (like the ring of shotgun shells on Mickey's lower leg in ODST.) For the MCC, just bring back the regular Helm > Chest > Shoulder customizer for Halo 3 and the respective customizer UI for Halo 4.
This is a huge issue I've had since day 1 with the MCC and I have an even bigger issue with the armor customization in Halo 5. I can get Combat Evolved and Halo 2 having static sets since there was no customization to begin with in those two titles, but Halo 3 and Halo 4 had sizable armories of things to chose from. My ideal armor customization going forward would be Helm > Visor > Chest > L & R Shoulders, L & R Wrists, L & R Legs, Utility, and a Miscellaneous section for smaller armor attachments (like the ring of shotgun shells on Mickey's lower leg in ODST.) For the MCC, just bring back the regular Helm > Chest > Shoulder customizer for Halo 3 and the respective customizer UI for Halo 4.
Agreed. The games should be exactly the same on MCC as they where when released by Bungie.
Reach should be the poster child for armor customization in Halo.
Amen brother.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I would like to see 343 add the weapon skins to the halo 4 load out weapons. I recently got the McFarlane master chief figure that came with a skin for the halo 4 assault rife, but I'm several years too late to use it.
Everyone want a Spartan Customization as in Halo Reach for future games ):
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2