Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Why would you release MCC and give up on the game? Do you think we would not notice this garbage? You have ruined this beloved game for millions of its fans. You must be aware of your horrendous reputation within the Halo community pertaining to this game. Even gamers who do not play Halo notice the bugs and lack of proper features within their first 10 minutes of playing. I wish you guys did something for the community, aka your consumers. You have said it yourselves that Halo 5 will not curtail development and resources relevant to Halo MCC. Such a disappointment.
Started making money off H5 with REQs and never looked back
UpVote.... 343 is the worst. Won't ever buy another game from them after seeing how they treated MCC.
Yup. It's the exact reason I WON'T support halo 6 nor do I buy REQ packs in halo 5, i usually support micro transactions for my favorite devs to help them but -Yoink- 343.
MCC is one of the reasons i bought h5 used.
there are more reasons like microtransactions and that they try to copy as much as possible from modern military shooters (COD, BF, ...)

but the MCC desaster is definetly one of the reasons i won't give them any more money
I just hope they will patch it some more. I doubt they will though. The production of the game was a mess. Apparently they first planed just halo 2 anni, then they planed on including the other games on seperate disks, then Mircro$oft asked them to put all the games on one disk.Seriously the game should have been delayed.
343 treats the veteran fans of the franchise poorly. MCC is supposed to be the way for fans of the classic gameplay to enjoy it with the current-trend, but it still faces many issues. Halo 5 has driven far from the golden Halo formula, turning away a lot of older fans. MCC was my last 343 purchase and it looks like it's going to stay that way.
Halo just needs to be ended. They need to completely stop with it. They gave us a broken game and completely ruined the whole story
I agree, I think 343 is slowly butchering the Halo series after each new release. They should just sell it back to Bungie. One of my biggest complaints is the lousy maps especially on Halo 5. They all seem like they were just slapped together in a few days. All of the maps look and feel the same and there is nothing special about them.

One of the best things I enjoyed about Halo multiplayer was how artistic the maps were. Halo 4 and 5 maps are not terrible, but they are no where near as good as the one's Bungie created.
Can anyone actually find any multiplayer games? I went on last night and it was just searching for ages on every game type, I love the campaign side but its just the MP that really gets me down, the old games were insane online and i can't seem to find any other players...has everyone given up? :(
baymandoa wrote:
I agree, I think 343 is slowly butchering the Halo series after each new release. They should just sell it back to Bungie. One of my biggest complaints is the lousy maps especially on Halo 5. They all seem like they were just slapped together in a few days. All of the maps look and feel the same and there is nothing special about them.

One of the best things I enjoyed about Halo multiplayer was the unearthly maps. Halo 4 and 5 maps are not terrible, but they are no where near as good as the one's Bungie created.
I doubt that Bungie even would be willing to buy it back. As the company wished to move on its own away from the Halo series. Those within Bungie who wanted the series to continue then founded 343i. So even if Bungie wanted it back, it's already in the hands of ex-Bungie employees.
The people in this community blow things way out if proportion.

I bet if Bungie made the game none of you would complain.
Another thing 343 did not do well are the maps they are awful to look at. They play just fine my problem is with the environments. The buildings do not look as natural among the backdrops as they did in previous Halo title's including H4. I think it makes the game look very very cheap. For example look at Sandtrap on H3. The structures are pieces of old stone. The new version looks like a bunch of Lego this is lazy work on their part.
Stop buying their merchandise then things will start to change. By not fixing the game, refusing to respond to forum posts after churning all that money was when i lost all respect.
baymandoa wrote:

One of the best things I enjoyed about Halo multiplayer was the unearthly maps. Halo 4 and 5 maps are not terrible, but they are no where near as good as the one's Bungie created.
I doubt that Bungie even would be willing to buy it back. As the company wished to move on its own away from the Halo series. Those within Bungie who wanted the series to continue then founded 343i. So even if Bungie wanted it back, it's already in the hands of ex-Bungie employees.
Weeeell.. The ex-Bungie employees DIDN'T really found 343.. Microsoft did. Those who wanted to continue working on Halo, merely tagged along and applied for the jobs at 343. There's however barely that many ex-Bungie employees within the 343 ranks. As Franky once said: You could count them on your own two hands.

A greater deal of the employment actually comes from the shut down Pandemic Studio, the makers of Star Wars battlefront I,II
KenniTDG wrote:
There's however barely that many ex-Bungie employees within the 343 ranks. As Franky once said: You could count them on your own two hands.
Could probably do it on one now
What's sad is I got an xbone to relive the Halo 2 experience, and 343 crushed my hopes to do so. Halo was my favourite fps series until MCC came out, and Halo 5 made me leave the franchise for good. MS should step in and let someone else finish the MCC, although 343's incompetence forced the dedicated fans to move to pastures anew, which means no one even plays it now. I'm never buying a 343 game again unless it's second-hand for under £10.
What are the top remaining issues. I played through it and they fixed the head shot issue.
What are the top remaining issues. I played through it and they fixed the head shot issue.
The remaining issues are on halobugs.com and there are many of them. 343 worked on fixing some in the beginning, but then they stopped.

Let's just start with halo CE...
- Level 1's get matched up against level 50's
- There are no dedicated servers and no settings to play only players within your region, so players who are thousands of miles apart get matched up and tons of lag
- The game was cheaply coded by using halo PC engine instead of the Xbox engine.
- They outsourced the development of CE to a third party, that wasn't even 343.

I'll never buy anything made from 343 again.

Current Bungie staff isn't much better. Look at the debacle that was Destiny. It had an incomplete story that you had to read using the grimoire cards and the music composer left them they were so bad. The only folks at bungie who were ever any good were Alex Seropian and Hardy LeBel... and a few select others. They just laugh at the fact that 343 couldn't correctly port a 15+ year old game using new hardware.
OS Wargod wrote:
The remaining issues are on halobugs.com and there are many of them. 343 worked on fixing some in the beginning, but then they stopped.

Let's just start with halo CE...
- Level 1's get matched up against level 50's
- There are no dedicated servers and no settings to play only players within your region, so players who are thousands of miles apart get matched up and tons of lag
- The game was cheaply coded by using halo PC engine instead of the Xbox engine.
- They outsourced the development of CE to a third party, that wasn't even 343.

I'll never buy anything made from 343 again.

Current Bungie staff isn't much better. Look at the debacle that was Destiny. It had an incomplete story that you had to read using the grimoire cards and the music composer left them they were so bad. The only folks at bungie who were ever any good were Alex Seropian and Hardy LeBel... and a few select others. They just laugh at the fact that 343 couldn't correctly port a 15+ year old game using new hardware.
They took away the 4 vs 4 playlist. Every other game has a dedicated playlist where you can do a mixture of slayer and objective 4 vs 4 but not CE. The BTB playlist is a joke good luck getting A CE match unless you party up as a group. I just want to make one correction the 3rd party only did the campaign for CE in this game they were the same studio that did the remastered campaign for CEA back in 2011. 343 handled just the multiplayer portion of CE which you correctly stated was the part of the game that is messed up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3