Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
baymandoa wrote:
I agree, I think 343 is slowly butchering the Halo series after each new release. They should just sell it back to Bungie. One of my biggest complaints is the lousy maps especially on Halo 5. They all seem like they were just slapped together in a few days. All of the maps look and feel the same and there is nothing special about them.

One of the best things I enjoyed about Halo multiplayer was how artistic the maps were. Halo 4 and 5 maps are not terrible, but they are no where near as good as the one's Bungie created.
Considering they "remade" Midship and then used the exact same map layout for 2 other maps (to a total of 3) just with different filters/textures I'd say I'm disappointed. Not to mention the armour is a disorganised mess of over-saturated airbrushed hexagons.
the past is the past
the past is the past
Well done. You know what the past is.
343i, no matter what the fans say, they are one of the worst companies
I don't understand how CDPR, and 343i exist in the same world.
the past is the past
ok, whatever you did in your abomination of halo game you call halo 5 yesterday, doesn't count anymore because it was in the past.
The MCC still exists, it's not *dead*, it still is a game, that you can play. 343i just don't want to talk about it
OP you have a nasty name. Think of the children!
Anyways I agree with you.
boosan44 wrote:
Can anyone actually find any multiplayer games? I went on last night and it was just searching for ages on every game type, I love the campaign side but its just the MP that really gets me down, the old games were insane online and i can't seem to find any other players...has everyone given up? :(
I am having the same issues - can't find any matches across any playlists in MCC multiplayer. So completely bummed that 343 appears to have finally thrown in the towel, waving the white flag on their own incompetence and leaving this game to burn as a distant memory in their rearview mirror. I think they finally determined that if they just try and direct everyone's attention to Halo 5, that people would forget about the colossal disaster that was MCC. But the sad reality (for me at least), is that the only reason I continued to play Halo 5 was BECAUSE of MCC. H5 doesn't even feel like Halo in my own opinion, but I can tolerate it and maybe even enjoy it a little, as long as I know I can still go back to MCC and get the nostalgic Halo feeling. But without that, this franchise is essentially dead to me until another studio comes along and rescues it from the throes of ineptitude. Which I don't see happening anytime soon.
boosan44 wrote:
Can anyone actually find any multiplayer games? I went on last night and it was just searching for ages on every game type, I love the campaign side but its just the MP that really gets me down, the old games were insane online and i can't seem to find any other players...has everyone given up? :(
I am having the same issues - can't find any matches across any playlists in MCC multiplayer. So completely bummed that 343 appears to have finally thrown in the towel, waving the white flag on their own incompetence and leaving this game to burn as a distant memory in their rearview mirror. I think they finally determined that if they just try and direct everyone's attention to Halo 5, that people would forget about the colossal disaster that was MCC. But the sad reality (for me at least), is that the only reason I continued to play Halo 5 was BECAUSE of MCC. H5 doesn't even feel like Halo in my own opinion, but I can tolerate it and maybe even enjoy it a little, as long as I know I can still go back to MCC and get the nostalgic Halo feeling. But without that, this franchise is essentially dead to me until another studio comes along and rescues it from the throes of ineptitude. Which I don't see happening anytime soon.
No it's much worse. They swept the game under a rug and moved on without discussing it anymore. Now they are making a ton of money off REQs in Halo 5. They thought passing Halo ODST on to the MCC would count as an apology, but they are so mistaken. Really, the sad thing is so many people saw this abandonment coming from 343i.
This game is a monument to all their sins.
(Thank you, Bungie.)
Started making money off H5 with REQs and never looked back
This is pretty much it. I loved Halo, since 2001, but 343 is making it very hard now.
boosan44 wrote:
i find em but the newer gen gamers all quit as soon as they start losing used to hate cod but -Yoink- it at least ik the terrible -Yoink- was always there what 343 did is spit in halo's face/franchise the older players faces and finally master chief's and cortana's faces that's just disrepectful
KenniTDG wrote:
baymandoa wrote:
I agree, I think 343 is slowly butchering the Halo series after each new release. They should just sell it back to Bungie. One of my biggest complaints is the lousy maps especially on Halo 5. They all seem like they were just slapped together in a few days. All of the maps look and feel the same and there is nothing special about them.

One of the best things I enjoyed about Halo multiplayer was the unearthly maps. Halo 4 and 5 maps are not terrible, but they are no where near as good as the one's Bungie created.
I doubt that Bungie even would be willing to buy it back. As the company wished to move on its own away from the Halo series. Those within Bungie who wanted the series to continue then founded 343i. So even if Bungie wanted it back, it's already in the hands of ex-Bungie employees.
Weeeell.. The ex-Bungie employees DIDN'T really found 343.. Microsoft did. Those who wanted to continue working on Halo, merely tagged along and applied for the jobs at 343. There's however barely that many ex-Bungie employees within the 343 ranks. As Franky once said: You could count them on your own two hands.

A greater deal of the employment actually comes from the shut down Pandemic Studio, the makers of Star Wars battlefront I,II
Not to mention the fact that Microsoft own's the right to Halo, not 343. Microsoft made 343 studios to work on the Halo titles.
There's always going to be issues. If you don't like the way things are, don't play it. It's better than nothing but far from perfect
343 apologists like to say that we're all a bunch of mindless haters who are going to hate 343 no matter what. This allows them to discard our arguments and protests. But at least for myself (and probably most of us "haters"), we just want the Master Chief Collection to work as promised. A few more fixes and features and most of us would as happy as pigs in -Yoink-.

But I guess that's too much to ask.
There's always going to be issues. If you don't like the way things are, don't play it. It's better than nothing but far from perfect
I'm sorry but when they come out and say exactly as you remember and it's so insanely far from that... Nothing would have been better. The MCC has been so bad that it tarnished the original three games.
Everyone forgets this.
You are totaly right without a doubt. They should maybe do somthing about it.
Yeah, I do wish they could fix up the rest, but, I guess the are done with it. They feel they should move on to greater things.
Guys , Microsoft makes the big decision . If 343 abandoned the MCC , it's beause Microsoft wanted them to focus on halo 5.
Guys , Microsoft makes the big decision . If 343 abandoned the MCC , it's beause Microsoft wanted them to focus on halo 5.
343 is a game development and marketing company owned by Microsoft, as you know, so there's little point in passing the blame. They are one and the same, two sides of the same coin.
343 is a game development and marketing company owned by Microsoft, as you know, so there's little point in passing the blame. They are one and the same, two sides of the same coin.
They are owned by Microsoft who , as the editor , as the right to tell 343 what to do. Thus , 343 is not 100% free of making their own decisions and blaming them doesn't change anything . I wanted to mention it because I always hate it when someone is hated for no good reasons.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3