Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What's up with this update i have seen today.You guys have it too?

Quote:
Mod Edit;
https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1236008722079444992?s=20
Patch notes are on the support site
yeah got it to kind of big? what's in the update
dont know? i just started mine, was hoping to play some halo reach but ig not :/
hope this don't take to long won't to get some double xp lol
Yep, same download here. 59GB update with no fanfare. Just removing time to take advantage of double XP before the nightmare grind results in me leaving the MCC to gather dust until the next time.
I tried to do a sneaky bypass, and just play on xcloud, couldn't find a match though. It seems noone else has it downloaded yet either lol...
im nearly 50% done I was trying to look for a game but nothing.
If I had to guess it's most likely the patch to bring classic sounds to multiplayer in CE among other fixes.
If I had to guess it's most likely the patch to bring classic sounds to multiplayer in CE among other fixes.
thought it might of been big update.
Looks like my hunch was right

Official Halo Twitter
Damn lol I was stoked to earn double xp... oh well
Looks like my hunch was right

Official Halo Twitter
From all the fixes,Halo CE audio in multiplayer,worth 59GB🙄
Here is a link to the patch notes.
59gb for some old CE sounds and HUD changes?
Quote:
Xbox One
  • 59GB update
Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)
  • 1.79 GB update
Steam
  • 306.0 MB update
what is with this ridiculous discrepancy?
heIIy wrote:
Quote:
Xbox One
  • 59GB update
  • 1.79 GB update
Steam
  • 306.0 MB update
PC version of CE launched with the update included, Xbox update was said to release shortly afterwards.
Heard there was an update for classic sounds in MP and saw this post as I came to Waypoint to make a related post of my own. Does anyone know if we will get classic sounds for campaign at some point as well? Very excited to see classic audio has made its way to MP for sure!
heIIy wrote:
Quote:
Xbox One
  • 59GB update
  • 1.79 GB update
Steam
  • 306.0 MB update
PC version of CE launched with the update included, Xbox update was said to release shortly afterwards.
It's probably to prep for the 'Reach' forge update...though that's just a theory. Plus consoles games tend to get less updates then PC games usually due to some complicated licensing issues so there probably trying to get the bulk of the fix's done while I suspect we'll be seeing more PC's updates in the future compared to the console port.
tuhin94 wrote:
Heard there was an update for classic sounds in MP and saw this post as I came to Waypoint to make a related post of my own. Does anyone know if we will get classic sounds for campaign at some point as well? Very excited to see classic audio has made its way to MP for sure!
I was wondering this as well. Hopefully they get added to the campaign as well.
So is the CE classic sounds for campaign only? How do you toggle the sound? I just played a CE FFA game on cold storage and noticed no difference. But then again I have never played CE before except on MCC so I don't really know the classic sounds anyways 🙂
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2