Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Really? 60gb for some sounds? I wish it was optional. I hit my data cap this month since I got a new PC, and had to redownload a bunch of game. Idiotic.
MaGicBush wrote:
Really? 60gb for some sounds? I wish it was optional. I hit my data cap this month since I got a new PC, and had to redownload a bunch of game. Idiotic.
The worst thing is we are downloading the same game over and over again,for years now.
Nearly 60gb for an update that hardly seems substantial is ridiculous. When I see an update this massive and the main headline is "classic sounds!", kinda irritates me.
For the ones complaining "60 gig for just sounds"... Thought I would post everything that is in the update....

New Features
  • New spartan customization 3D model viewer for H:CEA
  • A new option in your settings to toggle between either the classic Halo: Combat Evolved (H:CE) multiplayer audio or updated H:CEA audio when playing multiplayer
  • The main menu background video has been updated to celebrate H:CEA joining MCC on PC
  • Additional Competitive and Social matchmaking options for H:CEA
Resolved Community Issues
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Significant improvements have been made during flighting in February. For a full list of resolved flight issues, please head over to the MCC Development Update for February. Below are additional issues resolved issues:
  • Improved game stability resolving several crashes.
  • Player became invisible in a Ghost by boarding the vehicle while entering a teleporter.
  • HUD positioning better reflects legacy.
  • Respawn beep sound effects have a lower pitch than in legacy Halo: CE.
  • Multiple remastered sound effects playing in H:CE multiplayer when set to “Classic.”
  • Added ability to set primary and secondary weapon in custom games.
  • Sometimes controller vibration continues when pausing the title.
  • Player name appearing during camouflaged states better reflects legacy.
  • Plasma projectiles from Type-25 Spirit are now aligned with the turrets.
The patch notes have an error. It was assumed by Postums that the classic audio in campaign had classic sound effects. It did not, it only had the original score by Martin O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori.

Classic sound effects, such as weapon sounds, are now available to use in CEA’s campaign. This is the first time they’ve been available.
I feel like this huge update was for nothing, my internet is slow enough as is but it can handle online game play...I dont even like CE as much..
LethalQ wrote:
For the ones complaining "60 gig for just sounds"... Thought I would post everything that is in the update....

New Features
  • A new option in your settings to toggle between either the classic Halo: Combat Evolved (H:CE) multiplayer audio or updated H:CEA audio when playing multiplayer
  • The main menu background video has been updated to celebrate H:CEA joining MCC on PC
Significant improvements have been made during flighting in February. For a full list of resolved flight issues, please head over to the MCC Development Update for February. Below are additional issues resolved issues:
  • Player became invisible in a Ghost by boarding the vehicle while entering a teleporter.
  • Multiple remastered sound effects playing in H:CE multiplayer when set to “Classic.”
60 go just for that , and from I'm reading and hearing everyone's having issues because of the new patch .
LethalQ wrote:

New Features
60 go just for that , and from I'm reading and hearing everyone's having issues because of the new patch .
They should stop treating this broken game as games as service and adding additional content.Just fix it and leave it.
LethalQ wrote:

New Features
Well if you can make it smaller code it up and send it to them, I am sure they will appreciate it. 🙂. I haven't had any issues since the update but they say it's with H3 which I very rarely play.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

New Features
Well if you can make it smaller code it up and send it to them, I am sure they will appreciate it. 🙂. I haven't had any issues since the update but they say it's with H3 which I very rarely play.
I'll just post them the OG bungie disks , it's all there and weirdly enough works really well no updates required
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

New Features
I'll just post them the OG bungie disks , it's all there and weirdly enough works really well no updates required , sometimes it's the simple things in life that are often the best , no point having 4 k 60 fps dedicated servers ect if it fundamentally doesn't work .( I've only logged in to the mcc train wreck 3 times in the last 6 months to see if any things improved , I'm happier doing the destiny thing and getting my halo fix on the OG disks that just work
What doesn’t make sense is, when the update downloaded enough to start, I checked the “change installed games” thing and it showed that Halo 2 and Halo 4 we’re updating too. But they never mentioned anything about them in the patch notes.
I don't think this update necessarily makes the game take up 59 GB more space than it did before, it's replacing a lot of the data that was already installed.
xl Sylo wrote:
I feel like this huge update was for nothing, my internet is slow enough as is but it can handle online game play...I dont even like CE as much..
Did you have to download the full update even if you didn't install CE?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2