Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

A new season idea focused on Sangheili "Schism"

OP Frickin Heavy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Give us a new campaign playlist with all the levels where Elites fight Brutes while you're at it!
With the lack of elite content beyond weapon skins in MCC I wanted to make a list of possible additions to the different games in MCC for Elite content that's already ingame.

Halo CE:
Maybe add the Pre Halo Sangheili as a skin option

Halo 2A:
Arbiter (duh)
Honor Guard
Honor Guard Ultra
Honor Guard Councilor
Councilor
Ranger (Cairo)
Heretic

Halo 3:
Arbiter
All Halo Online Armors
If that glitches helmet from Floodgate, Flight and Combat hybrid, could be turned into a good looking helmet thatd be cool.

Halo Reach:
Spartan Style armor customization for Elites.
Halo CE armors that reach didnt have, such as the shoulders of the Minor. Also, maybe add the new eyes as an extra option.

Could have new gamemodes added to MP such as Elite Slayer or other elite focused gamemodes.
I think this is a superb idea for content OP. Well thought out too. While this wouldn't appeal hugely to me personally as someone who prefers playing as a Spartan, I do think there is a ton of cool things 343i could do with a Sangheili themed season.
I never really played as one till ReachMCC. I like my spartan but lately I've found an appreciation for the alien look.
It does add a unique flavor to the experience to be sure. I personally enjoy the invasion space the most of playing as a non-Spartan and would like to see more of that if alien races are playable going forward.
I like that they have different strengths and weaknesses and arent just a character skin. Gives new balance to the game.
Something like this needs to happen since the Elites desperately need some love. It would be annoying for Spartans to get all the love and the Elites get nothing
With the lack of elite content beyond weapon skins in MCC I wanted to make a list of possible additions to the different games in MCC for Elite content that's already ingame.

Halo CE:
Maybe add the Pre Halo Sangheili as a skin option

Halo 2A:
Arbiter (duh)
Honor Guard
Honor Guard Ultra
Honor Guard Councilor
Councilor
Ranger (Cairo)
Heretic

Halo 3:
Arbiter
All Halo Online Armors
If that glitches helmet from Floodgate, Flight and Combat hybrid, could be turned into a good looking helmet thatd be cool.

Halo Reach:
Spartan Style armor customization for Elites.
Halo CE armors that reach didnt have, such as the shoulders of the Minor. Also, maybe add the new eyes as an extra option.

Could have new gamemodes added to MP such as Elite Slayer or other elite focused gamemodes.
I think this is a superb idea for content OP. Well thought out too. While this wouldn't appeal hugely to me personally as someone who prefers playing as a Spartan, I do think there is a ton of cool things 343i could do with a Sangheili themed season.
I never really played as one till ReachMCC. I like my spartan but lately I've found an appreciation for the alien look.
It does add a unique flavor to the experience to be sure. I personally enjoy the invasion space the most of playing as a non-Spartan and would like to see more of that if alien races are playable going forward.
I like that they have different strengths and weaknesses and arent just a character skin. Gives new balance to the game.
That’s why I like it too. It is much more interesting and unique when it’s that way opposed to just a skin as you said.
I can understand why they focus on Spartans given that so few people use Elites, but zero content is a little extreme.

An Elite focused season would be neat, but I would rather that they add new customisation options for both each season, so that there's always something for everyone.
I can understand why they focus on Spartans given that so few people use Elites, but zero content is a little extreme.

An Elite focused season would be neat, but I would rather that they add new customisation options for both each season, so that there's always something for everyone.
Spartan players gotten six seasons now all about them, I think it would be fair if they give elites a time to shine
I'd love it. Give new Elite armor and customization for 2A, 3, and Reach. They have already talked about allowing us to customize individual armor pieces of Elites in Reach, so I think a season like this would be the perfect time to add the feature

Just like how theyve given something for each species in every update... oh wait.

Seriously though, elites have been ignored since the game came out. They need love and a focus for at least 1 season.
Spartan players gotten six seasons now all about them, I think it would be fair if they give elites a time to shine
Just like how theyve given something for each species in every update... oh wait.

Seriously though, elites have been ignored since the game came out. They need love and a focus for at least 1 season.
What I mean is that I would prefer to establish a pattern where both species get regular updates to a system where Elites only get one big update then are excluded from future updates, probably indefinitely.

What I mean is that I would prefer to establish a pattern where both species get regular updates to a system where Elites only get one big update then are excluded from future updates, probably indefinitely.
I see what you mean. However, this season idea should be just the start. More should be added after this. Most of this, such as Halo 2A elites, should have been there since launch or added in earlier seasons. They need a catchup season and then get more in later seasons.
It's very, very farfetched. But if Elites could become playable in CE that would be fire.

Something less farfetched, would be to make Elites playable across all Reach modes, but tweaked to have the same movement and shield stats as Spartans, and require health packs. Sure you're a big target, but more Elite players wouldn't mind suffering that disadvantage to be able to play as them. Best world scenario would be for them to be scaled down, at around 0.8x their regular size, they actually line up almost perfectly in terms of dimensions with Spartans because of how they stand, so they would have hitboxes the same size, and the head would still be clearly hit-able from the back as they aren't hunched over. Breaks canon slightly but in service of gameplay it's worth it.
Added playble eltets to ce and 4 and 5 add the campaign and online armours and add invasion and invasions slayer to every halo
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2