Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

A potential solution for MCC?

OP Laggzy

I really enjoy Halo MCC but obviously it has serious problems and I think a potential solution to the MCC would be this...

- When you click the Multiplayer tab in the menus it takes to you to you to a page to access the original multiplayers of each Halo game.

- Basically it would have 4 options, Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.... Let's say you wanted to play Halo 2 multiplayer... Once you click the Halo 2 tab it will take you out of MCC and load a backwards compatible version of the original matchmaking playlists and ranking systems. (This would be the case for Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4).

- I know this is kind of crazy sounding but just hear me out... I don't know the technical side to all of this but as a fan of Halo this would be the greatest solution to MCC because having multiple Halo titles in one playlist is not a good idea, it results in people quitting when they don't get the Halo they wanted.

- Having the original Halo multiplayers would greatly increase the population of these games as well and would allow players to play the Halo they want to play to its fullest extent. It could potentially bring back players who were pushed away by MCC.

- As far as a Halo: CE online multiplayer, that would be the only one that 343 might have to make a special build of multiplayer options seeing as it wasn't an online game at the time.

- What got me thinking about this idea is the fact that a lot of players keep bringing up classic Halo games and the want for a Halo 3 remaster/anniversary...

This is just an idea I wanted to share, please understand that I am not an expert and don't have the knowledge of what something like this would take but despite all of the technical aspects of this idea, I feel it would be great for MCC as a whole.

Anyways this is my opinion on MCC and what I think could be a potential solution, I'd love to hear your thoughts so feel free to share them here!