Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

About the release date for Halo: Reach MCC...

OP Aurik Kal Durin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
A lot of people seem to think it could be a summer release; I've heard some suggest it could be as early as June. The question is, is that a realistic expectation, or an optimistic one? Ever since it was announced, my most optimistic expectation has been a Fall 2019 release, probably September at the earliest. But then... I've been pretty absent from the Halo community over the last few months, so I very well could have missed something the developers said in a tweet or a Reddit post. So... can anyone fill me in? Why are so many people feeling optimistic about Halo: Reach MCC being released in the summer? When do you think it will be released?
I think the earliest it will be released is the end of summer. Most likely September.
I think it’ll be released when it’s ready. They should take all the time they need, even if that means releasing next year.
I just immediately assumed it was going to release during winter, like in December.
I have a feeling that it'll be released either late this year (talking November, December) or some time next year. Considering they're releasing MCC on PC as well as adding Reach, it'll take some time, and since they said that they are doing their best to get it right, and they have other projects to work on at the same time.... In the end though, we all know that it will be worth it
My prediction which I am 100% sure is correct is sometime between now and 2552.
They just delayed the release for PC.
On neowin.net Jarred replied: "I'd argue it's more challenging dealing with decades old game code with multiple intertwined titles and systems than building a new experience on top of a new custom designed engine and toolset".

Just as I predicted, the implementation of Reach costs more problems. I still believe that Reach within the MCC will cause many erros in the future which is why they should'nt integrate it but instead realease it as a stand alone remake. Reach doesn't fit in the MCC anyway since it's not about the Chief... just as well as ODST.
(I love Reach and ODST, don't get me wrong!).

BUUUT since they're going to do it anyway I have to give credit to 343i/Microsoft for delaying the release. Not like EA with Anthem. Jesus, glad I boykotted that game.
343i/Microsoft seem to be moving into the right direction. Rather many delays than releasing a game too early with a ton of bugs.
I highly doubt Halo: Reach will be added in June to July. I expect Reach to arrive in November this year to early next year, but I won't cling onto my expectations as they may announce they need more time to polish off the game.
While I commend delaying the pc release to give a better end product, the simple fact remains that the over ambitions of 343i have once again derailed the hype train . Their love of theatre with announcements is starting to make them look all style no substance , as a company with very little wiggle room with the fans for the past indiscretions on every title and rerelease they've touched up till this point , now even these minor setbacks add to the larger narrative of 'Can 343i really manage the Halo franchise '?

Take the same scenario, do the background work so that it is stable and ready to go on both platforms, prior to the theatre of announcement , get to E3 do the same announcement as in march but this time prepared , setup the 2 weeks off flighting emails ect they come looking and smelling great, good result all around for everyone ,
While I commend delaying the pc release to give a better end product, the simple fact remains that the over ambitions of 343i have once again derailed the hype train . Their love of theatre with announcements is starting to make them look all style no substance , as a company with very little wiggle room with the fans for the past indiscretions on every title and rerelease they've touched up till this point , now even these minor setbacks add to the larger narrative of 'Can 343i really manage the Halo franchise '?

Take the same scenario, do the background work so that it is stable and ready to go on both platforms, prior to the theatre of announcement , get to E3 do the same announcement as in march but this time prepared , setup the 2 weeks off flighting emails ect they come looking and smelling great, good result all around for everyone ,
I do commend them for delaying to make a better release, but yes, they need to have a more stable deliverable with a more concrete timeline before making announcements.
They need more time, they learnt their mistakes from the MCC broken launch and halo 5's lack of content.
According to multiple sources, and my sources, all of the games will come out for MCC PC this year.
Hunter2747 wrote:
According to multiple sources, and my sources, all of the games will come out for MCC PC this year.
All the games will come out as soon as they are ready
The complete game doesn't have a predicted date of release yet. At least nothing like it was mentioned by any official sources so far.
They DID say there were expectations for the first public flights, or beta tests, if you will, happening in April. Obviously that was not the case since some areas improved slower than the develepors predicted.
The latest update (as far as I'm currently aware of - and I do stalk all sorts of media outlets for it regularly) would be that the first flights most likely won't happen before E3. I'll leave it to the hobby analytics here to guess what that means for the actual release date.
Its an optimistic opinion. We all want the game to come out this summer so we can spend our time playing it. It honestly should be ready by the time July hits. They have been working on it for at least half a year. Even before they made the announcement im sure they were working on it behind the scenes. They need to come out with it in a reasonable time. At least have the beta ready by early June. They are starting to derail some of the hype im not gonna lie.
Seeing how the flights won't even start until after E3 it won't be out until at least September or October earliest.
stckrboy wrote:
Hunter2747 wrote:
All the games will come out as soon as they are ready
We know, stckrboy.
Hunter2747 wrote:
We know, stckrboy.
It seems some people still don't
Its an optimistic opinion. We all want the game to come out this summer so we can spend our time playing it. It honestly should be ready by the time July hits. They have been working on it for at least half a year. Even before they made the announcement im sure they were working on it behind the scenes. They need to come out with it in a reasonable time. At least have the beta ready by early June. They are starting to derail some of the hype im not gonna lie.
Be patient my friend.
More than likely be their 2019 holiday launch. They always have something planned that's decent for the holiday season.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2