Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

About the release date for Halo: Reach MCC...

OP Aurik Kal Durin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
My biggest question is that will xbox one get an earlier release for reach than on PC because reach was made for xbox 360 which could more easily be ported to xbox one or both are gonna release around the same time?
According to my sources, the beta for Reach on PC will be playable at some participating Microsoft Stores' Fan Celebrations. Also according to them, the flights for PC will begin the week after E3.
Hunter2747 wrote:
According to my sources, the beta for Reach on PC will be playable at some participating Microsoft Stores' Fan Celebrations. Also according to them, the flights for PC will begin the week after E3.
343 clarified the MS Store thing - that was an error and isn't going to be happening unfortunately
Regarding flighting, yes it is scheduled at the moment to start after E3
stckrboy wrote:
Hunter2747 wrote:
343 clarified the MS Store thing - that was an error and isn't going to be happening unfortunately
Regarding flighting, yes it is scheduled at the moment to start after E3
Thank you for the clarification.
I hope when they bring in HR they can have its default controls universal.
I really don't want reach in the MCC. I don't know what it is.. all the other halo titles that are in the MCC just don't feel the same, like you don't get the full multiplayer experience.. half of the game modes will probably be missing or maps missing.. I don't know if just much rather have halo reach as a standalone game exactly as it was just with boosted visuals and better FPS. SWAT was always my favourite playlist in all halo games but in reach I loved it. In the MCC swat isn't even in the playlist anymore which sucks!
I really don't want reach in the MCC. I don't know what it is.. all the other halo titles that are in the MCC just don't feel the same, like you don't get the full multiplayer experience.. half of the game modes will probably be missing or maps missing.. I don't know if just much rather have halo reach as a standalone game exactly as it was just with boosted visuals and better FPS. SWAT was always my favourite playlist in all halo games but in reach I loved it. In the MCC swat isn't even in the playlist anymore which sucks!
SWAT is in the playlists. All maps will be included with Reach. All the important gamemodes, including niche favorites such as Grifball and Infection, will be coming back.
I'm just gonna say November
It depends on what state the game is in when the first flight drops. They showed off 1 campaign mission so far and we don't know how much progress on the campaign has been made as well as progress on the multiplayer side of things. It could be possible to have a July/August release but it all depends on how far along things are.
I'm glad they are still breathing life into this game. I hope they take that type of initiative with infinite.

But imma have to be that guy cause I really dont know why reach. The game was free a while back on xbox gold and its backwards compatible.

There are a lot of people out there. Old school halo gamers like myself. Who bought this for two reasons. The chance to finally play halo ce online. And the bigger selling point which was to revisit halo 2. In fact halo 2 was the marketing for this from the jump. Reach is fine. But I would have much rather of gotten a nice little map pack of some halo 2 aniversary maps because halo 2 was just two damn epic not to attempt to complete the set.
But that's me and I'm happy with reach and the do over achievements that come with it
I'm glad they are still breathing life into this game. I hope they take that type of initiative with infinite.

But imma have to be that guy cause I really dont know why reach. The game was free a while back on xbox gold and its backwards compatible.

There are a lot of people out there. Old school halo gamers like myself. Who bought this for two reasons. The chance to finally play halo ce online. And the bigger selling point which was to revisit halo 2. In fact halo 2 was the marketing for this from the jump. Reach is fine. But I would have much rather of gotten a nice little map pack of some halo 2 aniversary maps because halo 2 was just two damn epic not to attempt to complete the set.
But that's me and I'm happy with reach and the do over achievements that come with it
It's prep to take x360 offline.

I hope infinite gets remakes of hce - halo 3 mp maps as dlc. More like graphic buffs keeping the same setting, but adding more detail. Think halo 2A lockout.
Absolutely nothing is going to be different about Halo Reach "except" for the picture quality. So therefore if I wanted to play the game then I would just go on the 360.
Absolutely nothing is going to be different about Halo Reach "except" for the picture quality. So therefore if I wanted to play the game then I would just go on the 360.
Yeah I think when it drops on console a lot of people are going go, 'what was I so hyped for? Maybe the mp will be better but then again. 360 already has a strong pop secend o ly to only mcc H3
I think I'm more interested in the new UI
If crossplay becomes a thing now that would be worth the hype!
Any body want to take bets in when it will release on the x1? I say October
I really appreciate Microsoft/343i being honest about the develpoment of implementing Halo Reach into MCC for PC. I'm talking about the struggle and the delays.
If there is something I have to give game companies credit for then it's honesty, transparency and fairness. And I'm really seeing Microsoft/343i moving into the right direction. I believe they've learned from the past.
Not like yoinky EA/Bioware bringing out 1/8 of a game, additionally in a damn buggy state plus having the barshness to charge money for it. Yeah, talking about Anthem. Go to hell EA!!!
I really appreciate Microsoft/343i being honest about the develpoment of implementing Halo Reach into MCC for PC. I'm talking about the struggle and the delays.
If there is something I have to give game companies credit for then it's honesty, transparency and fairness. And I'm really seeing Microsoft/343i moving into the right direction. I believe they've learned from the past.
Not like yoinky EA/Bioware bringing out 1/8 of a game, additionally in a damn buggy state plus having the barshness to charge money for it. Yeah, talking about Anthem. Go to hell EA!!!
I definitely gotta hand it to 343i for pulling off 4 game engines in one game. Until mcc I didn't know it was possible.

I'm looking forward to InfinitE and beyond 😄
My prediction which I am 100% sure is correct is sometime between now and 2552.
Idk man
My prediction which I am 100% sure is correct is sometime between now and 2552.
Idk man
I guess if they run into a bunch of problems it could possibly be pushed back to 2558.
It's ready when it's ready...
I'm guessing late summer, early fall.

I'd love to have it release today, but I much rather have it working properly, so no rush.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3