Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

About the release date for Halo: Reach MCC...

OP Aurik Kal Durin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
But imma have to be that guy cause I really dont know why reach.
Well, a few big reasons (not to say these are better reasons than your wanting more H2A maps, because ... that would be fantastic. This is just me attempting to answer your question):

1. it was the most requested feature to be added to the MCC.

2. We will now have all the Halo games running at current gen standards (1080p/4k@60fps). I have been saying that it seemed kinda silly and a missed opportunity for Microsoft to be touting this Xbox One X around as the only console to play games in native 4K and not even have their own flagship franchise take advantage of the thing. "Play Every Halo Game in Native 4K on the Xbox One X!" is a pretty decent selling point.

3. I'm not entirely sure how long the 360 servers are going to be kept alive ... which ... well ... makes all that work bring those backwards compatible games to Xbox One and the Scarlet seem a little dumb if they're just going to kill them.

4. Certain Affinity developed the multiplayer for Halo 2 Anniversary. (In case you didn't know, Certain Affinity was founded by the creator of the original Halo 2 multiplayer and they've worked on the multiplayer for Halo 2, 3, Reach, 4, and Halo 2 Anniversary and haven't done any Halo since. They've worked on Call of Duty, Doom, and are currently developing their own game. I'm sure 343 themselves could whip up some maps, though I imagine that would require quite a bit more work than porting an existing game ... I mean, I assume all the people who are responsible for creating assets and environments are working on Infinite.)
I just want it here so I can beat it's LASO achievement already
Posting this on July 17th, 2019. I absolutely understand the delay and the causes and the reasons etc etc, just to be totally honest though, I really wanted to play Reach over the summer. But it looks clear the release won't happen anytime soon. In September, I'll have my hands full with gears 5 and Borderlands 3. Just personally bummed, that's all. :)
I just want it released when its ready! Yes i want the damn game now as its my second favorite campaign(behind h2) but with how busy i am and little i can play games, yeah I'd rather take a working game
My prediction which I am 100% sure is correct is sometime between now and 2552.
Wanna roll on 2534?
SPC RUTH wrote:
I just want it here so I can beat it's LASO achievement already
Same
I’d be willing to bet they’re shooting for a September 14th release date to honor the original release. If it’s at all possible, I’m sure they’ll postpone it longer if they feel it’s needed. And I have no doubt they’ll only give us a weeks notice of release, if that.
I just immediately assumed it was going to release during winter, like in December.
I agree it looks like it's holiday 2020 they want to release with the one scarlett
Hardeesg wrote:
I just immediately assumed it was going to release during winter, like in December.
I agree it looks like it's holiday 2020 they want to release with the one scarlett
Halo Infinite will release Holiday 2020 with Scarlett, not MCC. Games within MCC will be released as an when they are ready
I would assume that they will release it in October or November 2019
yeah, uh uh.
My personal guess would be Christmas release and then another two years of updates to get it all working properly.
My personal guess would be Christmas release and then another two years of updates to get it all working properly.
At least then it will be truly be worthy of entering the mcc ,
I think we will be lucky if we get it before end of year.
Rover09 wrote:
I think we will be lucky if we get it before end of year.
It's certainly been a strange ride since it's March announcement that's for sure
What if they shadow-drop it on us on Reach's 9th birthday?!
Just kidding, it'll require about another month or even more of testing
stckrboy wrote:
Hunter2747 wrote:
According to multiple sources, and my sources, all of the games will come out for MCC PC this year.
All the games will come out as soon as they are ready
But what about MCC on Xbox One? I been asking about this from reading alot of outside stuff that it has been and will always be MCC on PC only. There has not been a real push for it on Xbox One because it has been on Xbox 360... and I have not see nothing new on Halo Reach going to be on the Xbox One.
stckrboy wrote:
Hunter2747 wrote:
According to multiple sources, and my sources, all of the games will come out for MCC PC this year.
All the games will come out as soon as they are ready
But what about MCC on Xbox One? I been asking about this from reading alot of outside stuff that it has been and will always be MCC on PC only. There has not been a real push for it on Xbox One because it has been on Xbox 360... and I have not see nothing new on Halo Reach going to be on the Xbox One.
343i is at different stages for each version. Additionally, it's another company that's working on porting it to PC. Keep in mind MCC is getting released for the first time on PC, whereas only Reach is being added to Xbox. Seems like the biggest issue at the moment for the Xbox version is getting everything optimized.
You have been told this REPEATEDLY. It's honestly getting old now. Reach is coming to Xbox One, flighting (public testing for Halo Insiders) will start as soon as the builds are ready. The next flight to go out (flight 3) will be PVP for Xbox, flight 4 is PVP for PC.

Relevant:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/outpost-outro
Quote:
Looking ahead to the next flight, the Pub Team is hard at work on bringing the first flight together for Reach on Xbox One. This flight will be a PvP specific flight where players will be able to participate in matchmaking for the first time in our journey of bringing Reach to MCC. We don’t have any exact dates for it just quite yet, but the latest update on the whole process is that we are currently in Ring 0 for testing. If you are not familiar with the term rings, an explanation of this process is broken down HERE.
There is also a large section in the last development update regarding the work being done to bring Reach to MCC on Xbox One
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-august-2019Scroll down to the "XBOX ONE DEVELOPMENT UPDATE" section
stckrboy wrote:
You have been told this REPEATEDLY. It's honestly getting old now. Reach is coming to Xbox One, flighting (public testing for Halo Insiders) will start as soon as the builds are ready. The next flight to go out (flight 3) will be PVP for Xbox, flight 4 is PVP for PC.

Relevant:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/outpost-outro
Quote:
Looking ahead to the next flight, the Pub Team is hard at work on bringing the first flight together for Reach on Xbox One. This flight will be a PvP specific flight where players will be able to participate in matchmaking for the first time in our journey of bringing Reach to MCC. We don’t have any exact dates for it just quite yet, but the latest update on the whole process is that we are currently in Ring 0 for testing. If you are not familiar with the term rings, an explanation of this process is broken down HERE.
There is also a large section in the last development update regarding the work being done to bring Reach to MCC on Xbox One
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-august-2019Scroll down to the "XBOX ONE DEVELOPMENT UPDATE" section
How about as a moniter you guys settle down with the 'you've been told REPEATEDLY approach, it's a bit much, if you don't want to answer these questions and you find it painful to answer then don't, but this chastising the forum members like children isn't on at all.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5